Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Believing that wicked men and unbelievers will simply cease to exist is called 'annihilation theory' but I don't think that's accurate. I've read the whole bible and it talks about eternal torment several times just google bible scriptures on hell. Plus there's the rich man and Lazarus...why say that parable if there's no eternal hell. Also at the lake of fire in revelation those who aren't in the book of life burn forever because our souls are immortal I believe. You will exist forever in either heaven or hell. 

As I said earlier in this thread. I think I will just ignore my opinion and focus on what the word of god says. Hopefully that'll work. I mean my IQ is like 115-120 but gods is infinite basically. So my personal opinions don't matter only god and his word does. Thanks for the replies guys. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

22 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Its real .    

@frienduff thaylorde Your answer was rather short and vague. Could you please clarify and elaborate a bit?

Do you believe Hell is a real place with everlasting fire and torment for those who have rejected Christ?

And that all who do so will spend eternity in the lake of fire?

22 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

But I don't fear it .   JESUS HAS ME .  

Explain what you mean by "Jesus has me." ...Thanks.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think it is very possible that the unsaved will experience some sort of varying degrees of punishment in proportion to the evil deeds that they did in their lives . I believe these punishments will be different for all of the Lost and they will be finite in duration.Hitler (poor guy- it seem like I am forever dragging his name through the mud......apologies Mein Adolf.......lol ) will get worse than Roy Cohn.........maybe.........

So it's eye for an eye you understand. If that is what you believe, perhaps you have already lost sight of the truth.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

So it's eye for an eye you understand. If that is what you believe, perhaps you have already lost sight of the truth.

Talk about “ vague” ........please elaborate on what your version of “ the Truth” is ....thanks....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

34 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@frienduff thaylorde Your answer was rather short and vague. Could you please clarify and elaborate a bit?

Do you believe Hell is a real place with everlasting fire and torment for those who have rejected Christ?

And that all who do so will spend eternity in the lake of fire?

Explain what you mean by "Jesus has me." ...Thanks.

Yes it is .    It real with everlasting fire and torment for those who have rejected JESUS CHRIST .

In todays age ,  many folks are in dire trouble .  They have to omit hell fire as being real ,  because to them its not compatible with a LOVING GOD .

But instead of changing hell or trying to put Ac in it ,   We should show what a loving GOD really means .

Is a lake of fire real and will many folks who rejected JESUS suffer in it .  YES .   And this cant be denied .

But here is what I say ,     Don't omit or change , add to or twist TRUTH or anything contained in that book .

Instead preach it .  Its real .  THEN SHOW THEM GODS LOVE .   JESUS IS THE LOVE OF GOD .  HE came to fulfill all for our sake ,

HE came to be beaten and spit on , mocked , whipped beyond recognition ,  and crucified .  FOR OUR SAKES .   THAT RIGHT  THERE PROVES GOD IS A GOD OF LOVE .

But folks ,  DONT EVER ONCE omit the other side of that coin .    FOR IF any rejects JESUS and if any adds to or takes from that book .

They gonna find out first hand , THE very hellfire they tried to water down ,  IS REAL ,   When its too late , at their end , WHEN THEY SEE IT an dknow ITS FOR EVER .

GOD IS LOVE ,  but HE WONT  BE MOCKED .  REJECT JESUS and its eternal damanation .

And all we need to do is look back at what JESUS said .  IF they don't receive you , your testimony OF JESUS

then shake the dust off ,  IT WILL BE FAR WORSE for that city or any ,  ON THE DAY of JUDGEMENT that it was ever for SODOM and GOMORRA

And what is worse than being destroyed and killed by hail and fire ,

WELL THE SECOND DEATH IS .   OH ITS REAL and folks better Not omit it .

INSTEAD ,    I GOT AN IDEA ,  WHY DONT WE PREACH JESUS and if folks receive HIM , THEY WONT have to worry about that place .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

I remember a sermon by Tim Keller preaching to 5000 people in New York. He was preaching about Hell. He was saying that people envision a place with hot Sulphur and continual fire engulfing them. When he told them he did not see Hell in such a way, they all relaxed a little and many could be heard expressing their gratitude. "No," Tim Keller continued. "No. It's far worse." People gasped! Those who will go there will love not being in Heaven. He continued, "We each have a highest calling in life---the thing we love to do more than anything else. Some love their wealth, and everything in life they do will be to earn money. When in the parable the rich man died and was in Hell, he had no higher calling than his riches, and when he died and lost them, he lost who he was. He lost his identity. When his riches were gone, there was no more him---no more rich man. He had no name, and no name was written for him in the Book of Life." We do this to ourselves. There is a highest calling in everyone's life. What is yours? To be the best mom or dad? To be a great baseball pitcher? To be a well-known political leader? Some might have been like Lazarus, who had nothing, but his highest calling was to love God. And it is interesting: in all of the parables in the Bible, he was the only one Jesus gave a name to. The rich man...….he had no name. But Lazarus. His name is written in the Book of Life. When he died, his name lived!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

47 minutes ago, Raven said:

So it's eye for an eye you understand. If that is what you believe, perhaps you have already lost sight of the truth.

We are not under the dominion of the Law. Jesus has this to say. 

Matthew Chapter 5

1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have [thy] cloke also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, Ineedhugs said:

For the last 6 months I've been a christen but after about 10 days of being faithful and sinless I get these strong feelings that hell is just insane and there couldn't possibly be one. That leads to losing my faith temporarily because then I can't trust what the bible says. How can I stay faithful the rest of my life?

I want to be a perfect Christian but these strong gut feelings keep making me lose faith.....any ideas on how to help?  

I can give you the explanation.

And you remember this, Ineedhugs..

So, here are a few ways to think about how to understand "hell".

First, hell was not created for Man.  It was created for the Devil, (Lucifer) and those who followed him OUT Of Heaven.  Lucifer chose to defy God Almighty, and was cast out, and some of the heavenly host, went with him.

So, let me ask you a question... Do you know what a REBEL is?  What this "rebel" mentality means?    See,  A rebel is a mindset.  Its a strict rejection of authority, to the extreme.

Its lawlessness.  Its the Devil.   

Have you ever read the Satanic Bible?   Probably not.  But there is one.   And in it, there is the "Rebel's Law".  Its the Devil's mindset. Its what he believes and what he preaches.

And what is that law that Satan follows,  and all who are of him, or like him, follow? ????????    Its this... "Do what tho WILT, shall be the whole of the Law".

in other words... "Do what you want, do what you like,  and pay no attention to rules that are related to kindness, righteousness,  self control, love, or peace".

In the secular world.  In the world we live in......  This law, this Satanic Law is modified to sound acceptable.

It goes like this.  "Do what you want, and as long as you don't hurt anyone, anything you do, is fine".

So, that is the generic Satanic Rebel's Law.  The "ghetto" version is..."do unto others, then split".  "get all you can for yourself, and (shoot a bird with your middle finger) to everyone, all the time".

"Its all about me"......

Now, This is Satan's mind.  = That's his law.   This is why the bible word "Lawlessness", is related to the Anti-Christ, as it defines his mentality and point of view, and it defines all people, who are not born again.

I'll say that again.  It defines ALL people who are not born again...

Now maybe you don't realize it, but everyone who is not born again, has  a spiritual father, just like the born again, have a Spiritual Father.

I'll let Jesus The Christ explain this to you very carefully.   He said this about ALL who are not His.   "You are OF YOUR FATHER, THE DEVIL, AND THE LUSTS OF YOUR FATHER (DEVIL) YOU WILL DO".

Do you see that?   Take a good long look at that.. That is your Savior, describing every human being, who is not HIS.  See, when you are His, when you are born again, =  your Father is GOD.

Understand?  And if you are not his, if you are not born again, then your spiritual father,  is the Devil.

The literal nature of the Devil, is SIN.   And we are called (by God)  sinners, because we are of the Devil, until we are BORN AGAIN into a NEW FAMILY that has a NEW FATHER.

Follow me?

Listen....When you turn on a TV, and you see that someone is killing  55  elementary school age Kids in a school with an assault rifle.  When you read a newspaper, and you read that this woman was raped, and this child was murdered, and this person stole 30 million, and this person shot a cop in the head who was drinking coffee in his car at 5am.. When you read about Islamic (muslim)  terrorists who are sawing off the heads of Christians in Africa,  TODAY, with a hand saw......and filming it in High Resolution on an IPHONE  because they like to watch it over and over plugged into their high definition big screen TV, and laugh and laugh........and laugh...........>.

Do you follow me?    Understand that ALL THAT, is =  "you are of your Father the DEVIL, and the LUSTS OF YOUR FATHER, You will do".

Jesus said of Luciver, (Devil) that "he was a murderer from the beginning"....... So, when you hear about a murder, you are hearing about a child of the devil, with the devil's nature,  doing the Devil's work.

So, ask yourself this.   Why would God allow Christ Rejectors who are daily living out THEIR Father the Devil's  LIFESTYLE, ....why would God bring them to Heaven with the born again for ETERNITY?

Do you see the reality?  Do you see how that works?  Do you understand why those dots will never connect ?

So, where the Devil is going to end up, IN HELL,  is where all his CHILDREN will end up, also.  All his children, is everyone who is not a CHiLD OF GOD.

This is why you have a Hell, as well as a Heaven.

There has to be a place for all of us to GO, after we die, or after we are Raptured.

There are only 2 options.

B

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

That's the highest calling there is, Coliseum: to love God. 

I was breaking myself down earlier today, feeling worthless as usual until it suddenly hit me: why am I whining and complaining? No matter how things may seem to my eyes of flesh I've never been happier and more content in all of my days. How swiftly I forget the truth: I was accursed and on my way to the grave until Jesus Christ changed it all.  This life I'm leading right now --- when I open my eyes in the morning I thank for the Lord for another day --- this is my reward until the end comes. Our Father in heaven blessed me with the opportunity to walk toward the Lord until my time here is finished! There are no words to express my gratitude nor how I feel. I'm still overwhelmed by this!

This is really encouraging to read. It also speaks to my heart as well. Hallelujah!

:amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

2 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

That's the highest calling there is, Coliseum: to love God. 

I was breaking myself down earlier today, feeling worthless as usual until it suddenly hit me: why am I whining and complaining? No matter how things may seem to my eyes of flesh I've never been happier and more content in all of my days. How swiftly I forget the truth: I was accursed and on my way to the grave until Jesus Christ changed it all.  This life I'm leading right now --- when I open my eyes in the morning I thank for the Lord for another day --- this is my reward until the end comes. Our Father in heaven blessed me with the opportunity to walk toward the Lord until my time here is finished! There are no words to express my gratitude nor how I feel. I'm still overwhelmed by this!

Do you remember in the desert where all but Joshua and Caleb perished? They grumbled and could not believe in the One who gave them Manna from Heaven and soles that never wore out. Many of us grumble too, but at first, we recognize it, and we even say to ourselves, "Wow. I'm grumbling, and I don't like it one bit, and I do nor want to grumble any longer." But many forget, and go on grumbling---day after day after day. Soon they forget about not liking it, and it becomes a hum-drum, daily routine. It becomes their highest calling in life because they no longer paid attention to it, and it consumed them---and they too "died in the desert." The heart is so deceitful, and the enemy knows exactly our weakest point...and if we are not paying attention---well, you know the story. 

I am glad that you love the Lord. I would love that to be my highest calling, and I am counting on my Savior every step of the way to finish what He started in me---because I can't do it.

• Praise God! 2