LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

How you all doing? Are you all enjoying your Christmas season?  I put the tree up last weekend and did the lights. Bought a few gifts but not much this year.  Bake some cookies. So what have you all been up too? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

58 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

How you all doing? Are you all enjoying your Christmas season?  I put the tree up last weekend and did the lights. Bought a few gifts but not much this year.  Bake some cookies. So what have you all been up too? 

Christmas cards went out yesterday. The choir will be singing my favorite Christmas song on Christmas Eve.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well,  I'm on a 1,200 calorie a day diet so the cookies are kind of out for another week or so....     Did make the two days I dropped the diet at Thanksgiving something special and looking forward to Christmas day and the week after.    Christmas dinner with some church friends and family the weekend after.

We stopped doing Christmas presents some time ago except for the grandkids so we don't have to fight the mall crowd just order from Amazon and have it wrapped and delivered to my daughters house.....   then all we have to do is drive to Tyler and bwaaalaaa     we're done.

Because we won't be home we don't do much decorating...   have an angel in the living room and that's about all.  We are not much for Christmas tradition around our house....   we keep it quite and ponder on Jesus instead of Santa...    Christmas morning I'll get up and apologize for celebrating his birthday on the wrong day but thank him for coming and saving us from ourselves....   listen to "Mary Did You Know" and cry for a good bit then get dressed and meet our friends for an afternoon Christmas meal..    All in all it is probably the most meaningful day of the year for me...    I feel the load of being the reason he had to come.....    set aside being God and come down here and save me from what I deserve....   and who am I....   that I deserve such a Lord....   Oh My....      he is sooooo good to us...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 minutes ago, other one said:

Well,  I'm on a 1,200 calorie a day diet so the cookies are kind of out for another week or so....     Did make the two days I dropped the diet at Thanksgiving something special and looking forward to Christmas day and the week after.    Christmas dinner with some church friends and family the weekend after.

We stopped doing Christmas presents some time ago except for the grandkids so we don't have to fight the mall crowd just order from Amazon and have it wrapped and delivered to my daughters house.....   then all we have to do is drive to Tyler and bwaaalaaa     we're done.

Because we won't be home we don't do much decorating...   have an angel in the living room and that's about all.  We are not much for Christmas tradition around our house....   we keep it quite and ponder on Jesus instead of Santa...    Christmas morning I'll get up and apologize for celebrating his birthday on the wrong day but thank him for coming and saving us from ourselves....   listen to "Mary Did You Know" and cry for a good bit then get dressed and meet our friends for an afternoon Christmas meal..    All in all it is probably the most meaningful day of the year for me...    I feel the load of being the reason he had to come.....    set aside being God and come down here and save me from what I deserve....   and who am I....   that I deserve such a Lord....   Oh My....      he is sooooo good to us...

Reading this was a blessing.

Indeed.

God bless you, brother.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Is celebrating xmas against the bible? 

We also don't know what day Jesus was born on. Curious.

Edited by Deeplytroubled
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Of course we don't know what day Jesus was born.  The Bible doesn't say.  An arbitrary date is used.

Celebrating the birth of Christ is not against the Bible.  

Celebrating the winter time and Christmas time with gifts and trees and singing is not a sin.  And a Christian will always be able to distinguish and focus more on the birth of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Sept 11th BC 2-3. Star charts indicate that in the constellation Leo with Virgo and the 12 stars gives an 80 minute window. There are many representations of this online.

Celebrating x-mas is the Babylonian Ishtar and the birth of Tammuz (false christ) Dec 25th.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I put the tree up last weekend and did the lights. Bought a few gifts but not much this year.

I still have the inexpensive angel on the dresser next to my birthday card from last year. I stopped doing Christmas gifts when Mom passed away. A friend of mine is getting me a large print study bible as Christmas present though. (33% off) It's the one I've always wanted, but never got around to buying for myself. That's exciting! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

That's sounded good. We put the tree up, my granddaughter also decorated her own for her bedroom. She's only four so it's just perfect with all the bulbs in one side and all her candy canes on the bottom LOL and I online shop, so my shopping is done.I also got them wrapped this year early and have hidden them so far!!! I took my granddaughter to see Santa and ride the Christmas train ( she loves it) we are ( my family and friends) planning to go to a Christmas village this week, with a live nativity, sleigh rides, lights,a bonfire and the whole nine yards. Then we will be preparing Jesus's birthday and Christmas dinner and fellowship soon, exchanging gifts and a lot of fun for our whole family...

We love Christmas, and when we really keep CHRIST in Christmas through all of our activities, we really have a great time with lots of memories to cherish!

God bless ?

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Started Dec 1 on heavy dose of antibiotics for sinus and bronchial infection...took full 12 days to clear so I managed to put up a wreath on the front door...nothing else..not even the angels given me by my best friend are up...miss the lights of the tree tho. Oh well there’s next year God willing, if we are still here. Still have to bake for Christmas Eve dinner that is here. Too lazy. Wishing all of you a blessed Christmas.

• Thanks 1