I dont know what God wants for my life

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

You know, it is OK not to know what GOD wants for your life. I myself am 32 years old, and I thought I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, but now I am not so sure. Maybe I will pray again and ask GOD about it.

But you are not the first person who has ever felt like we did not know what to do with their lives. I feel that way as well. When I was young, I knew exactly what I wanted and I always went for it, but now I am not so sure who I am anymore or what GOD wants for me...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/15/2019 at 10:41 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Besides asking how else do you know what God wants to do with your life? 

I hope you are feeling better now, ...in response to your question, ...what are you doing today, ...if you are walking with the Lord, ...then that is what He wants for you today, ...tomorrow it may be different.

Joseph was in prison for ten years, ...but his witness for the Lord was outstanding, ...God was with him and blessing him, ...and he was put in charge of the prison.

Then one morning Joseph woke up in prison and went to bed that night as the Prime Minister of Egypt, ...like has already been said, ...God know the plans He has for you, ...to give you a future and a hope. Jer 29:11

From personal experience I know this verse to be true, 35 years ago my daughters and I were spending their Easter Vacation on Maui, half way there the airplane was experiencing mechanical problems and the pilot brought the plane down to 500 feet over the ocean thinking he might have to ditch into the sea, ...the Lord gave me this verse, ...the passengers were screaming and my girls 14 and 11 were terrified, ...one sitting on my right and the other on the left, ...I put my arms around them and hugged them close to me, ...a peace came over them, so profound we all fell asleep, ...the next thing I remembered was the hostess shaking my shoulder to wake us up, we were on the final approach to the Maui airport.

Father "will" take care of you if you just learn patience and put all of your trust in Him.

Lord bless 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 12/16/2019 at 3:41 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Right now im sick and have been for a while which sstirs these questions within me.

Ask what should you do this week? Month? Year?

Be faithful with today, tomorrow will have trials for sure.

Are you asking about an aptitude or career test/score?

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

I made a mistake when I thought I wanted to do to serve God only to be awakened one day  that God didn't want me to that. He said to me When are you going to stop doing what you want to do and listen to what I want to do. That really rocked me. We must learn to be patient and God will show the way with His time and His wisdom. Be at peace and be assured God knows you name and knows what your talents are. Talents you  may have not considered or did'nt know you had. Take the lesson of Marry who sat at The lords feet while Martha did all the work. Let go and let God. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 1/12/2020 at 9:07 PM, JustPassingThru said:

I hope you are feeling better now, ...in response to your question, ...what are you doing today, ...if you are walking with the Lord, ...then that is what He wants for you today, ...tomorrow it may be different.

Joseph was in prison for ten years, ...but his witness for the Lord was outstanding, ...God was with him and blessing him, ...and he was put in charge of the prison.

Then one morning Joseph woke up in prison and went to bed that night as the Prime Minister of Egypt, ...like has already been said, ...God know the plans He has for you, ...to give you a future and a hope. Jer 29:11

From personal experience I know this verse to be true, 35 years ago my daughters and I were spending their Easter Vacation on Maui, half way there the airplane was experiencing mechanical problems and the pilot brought the plane down to 500 feet over the ocean thinking he might have to ditch into the sea, ...the Lord gave me this verse, ...the passengers were screaming and my girls 14 and 11 were terrified, ...one sitting on my right and the other on the left, ...I put my arms around them and hugged them close to me, ...a peace came over them, so profound we all fell asleep, ...the next thing I remembered was the hostess shaking my shoulder to wake us up, we were on the final approach to the Maui airport.

Father "will" take care of you if you just learn patience and put all of your trust in Him.

Lord bless 

Whew thats a testimony if I ever read one. Praise God. His peace is amazing.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 1/12/2020 at 2:23 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

You know, it is OK not to know what GOD wants for your life. I myself am 32 years old, and I thought I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, but now I am not so sure. Maybe I will pray again and ask GOD about it.

But you are not the first person who has ever felt like we did not know what to do with their lives. I feel that way as well. When I was young, I knew exactly what I wanted and I always went for it, but now I am not so sure who I am anymore or what GOD wants for me...

I mean i know what I want to do to the T. But i think dor God to be the head of my life...I have to let him lead and see what he wants. 

I'll defintely be in prayer.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

God told me to bloom where I am planted.   That means to love the unlovable, which usually means the people I live with who really bug me.  Sometimes it means to love those who are not saved, but often it means other Christians who have hurt me.    Often the people that bug us are reflecting the sins that God is removing from our own lives.  God sends people into our lives to show us how much He loves even them in spite of their sins, which tells us if He can love even those people and die for them, how much He also loves us.  He wants that kind of love to flow from Him through me to others.

Rom 5:7  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—

Rom 5:8  but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:9  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Rom 5:10  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/16/2019 at 8:41 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Right now im sick and have been for a while which sstirs these questions within me.

Pray about it, but also look into god's word and i am sure he will touch you with some form of inspiration there is also a pastor at a church that can help you on your journey.