• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, A Christian 1985.

Charles "Tremendous" Jones once said, "Operate on the principle of SIBKIS: See it big, keep it simple."

The first thing one needs to understand is WHAT the "soul" really is:

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The Hebrew (transliterated) is this:

B'reeshiyt 2:7

7 Vayiytser YHWH Elohiym et haa'aadaam `aafaar min-haa'adaamaah vayipach b'apaayoh nishmat chayiym vayhiy haa'aadaam l-nefesh chayaah:

7 Vayiytser = 7 And-formed
YHWH = YHWH, God's Name
Elohiym = God
et = (next word is the direct object)
haa'aadaam = the-red-[man]
`aafaar = dry-earth/dust
min-= from
haa'adaamaah = the-red-[ground]
vayipach = and-puffed
b'apaayoh = in-his-nostrils
nishmat = a-puff
chayiym = of-living-things
vayhiy = and-became
haa'aadaam = the-red-[man]
l-nefesh = into-an-air-breather
chayaah: = living:

The Hebrew word "nefesh" (often written "nephesh") is found in Strong's Dictionary of the Hebrew and Chaldee Languages:

5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh). From naafash; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. Animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental) -- any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire,
X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

5314 naafash (naw-fash'). A primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air) -- (be) refresh selves (-ed).

So, the word "soul" in the Hebrew means "an air-breathing creature." The Greek word "psuchee" is the same as the Hebrew word "nefesh" for in 1 Corinthians 15, Paul quotes Genesis 2:7:

1 Corinthians 15:42-49 (KJV)

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam was made a living soul"; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

And, the Greek (transliterated with "o" being omicron and "oo" being omega) of verse 45 is this:

45 Houtoos kai gegraptai "Egeneto ho prootos anthroopos Adam eis psucheen zoosan"; ho eschatos Adam eis pneuma zoo-opoioun.

45 Houtoos = 45 So
kai = and/also
gegraptai = it-is-written
"Egeneto = "Became
ho = the
prootos = first
anthroopos = man
Adam = (transliteration of "haa'aadaam" without the article)
eis = into
psucheen = an-air-breather
zoosan"; = living";
ho = the
eschatos = last
Adam = (transliteration of "haa'aadaam" without the article)
eis = into
pneuma = an-air-blaster/a-wind
zoo-opoioun = life-giving.

Strong's gives:

5590 psuchee (psoo-khay'). From psuchoo; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from pneuma, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from zooee, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew nepheshruwach and chay) -- heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

5594 psuchoo (psoo'-kho). A primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently, thus differing on the one hand from pneoo, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of aer, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), i.e. (by implication, of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively) -- wax cold.

Start with that basic information (recognizing that Strong's definitions may not be 100% correct) and beware of which translation of the Bible you are using.

How you doing my brother, Ruach haKodesh I believe revealed to me The difference of The spirit and the soul through His Word, as you showed right off the bat in Genesis, this coupled with "the breath of life" makes man a living nefesh, this breath of life is Elohims, it makes things living, The Spirit of Life, It makes us physically grow it makes all animals alive and plants everything that has life, and we see in Ecclesiastes just as the rivers flow into the sea, and back into the rivers on the other side, everything goes back where it came from, And His spirit of life when anything dies goes back to The One who gave it, not to let others get confused from my words here, Im not saying all dogs goto heaven lol im saying the life that was in the dog, That breath/spirit of life returns to the one who gave it to begin with. And we to have that breath/spirit of life, and our soul is our Individual self, thats why there is Rightoues souls and unRightoues souls, when a man(a soul) dies, the spirit returns To the one who gave it and man becomes a Dead soul and gets moved into Sheol, either righteous, state of peace, comfort, repose, or The evil side...so people can see how we all will be TRULY brought back to life on the day He returns, we will truly be resurrected! 

Edited by Yishai

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Where we all will go in death, Sheol.

Correct. Only after the rapture we will go to heaven.