ItsJustDeep

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Have any of you ever experienced it? I've had some encounters and just wanted to share.

My father and I moved from a bad neighbourhood to a better apartment building. 

First night sleeping in the new apartment, dad's on the couch and myself on the mattress on the ground beside him. (Yes we had furniture lol) 

So im sleeping and in my dream i'm in the new apartment exactly where I had just dozed off. Ground level on the mattress. I look up and what only I can describe as what looked like Lord Voldemor from harry potter in the same black get up was walking pretty fast towards the hallway. Before it hit the corner it had a spidey sense I watched it, then just like that within a few steps lunged towards me with the hand gripping my heart. In that moment it really felt like I was experiencing physical pain in my chest and that life was being drained out of me. Shortly though, this was all maybe 5 or 6 seconds. I was grunting, trying to yell, I honestly don't know why it let go because at that moment I was scared to death and weak. So while I'm screaming in my dream, I finally wake up to what i'm pretty sure was the echo of my actual yelling. The only thing that tripped me out was my dad still sleeping sound asleep beside me. He wasn't the deepest sleeper either. Had his moments but if I was screaming screaming, he would've awaken. Even if I didn't scream a loud, the attack happened. It let me know that a new place did not mean new peace of mind. Demons from your past will come, maybe even try to kill you in your sleep.

Had another attack about 2 years ago that I won't forget as well. My scariest. Demon hissed at me, twice.

Has any one experienced any thing like this? Thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Yes I guess I have.  I think of it as a moment of indecision within a simple dream on whether to go into fight or into flight mode, most often within the dream itself, but perhaps also  stimulated by sounds in the night. It is like someone put the dream on pause while the subconscious mind works out the plot of the dream story. In that time the real body stops breathing, till it kinda says hey knock it off  get on with the dream or wake up, one or the other.

Dreams can get pretty thin plotted, and seem to have need of rewrites and multiple endings from which to choose.

I don't attribute that to demons at all, just a busy subconscious mind doing its thing as it does 24/7. During awake hours it is busy analyzing real situations,  at night during sleep it just has itself a little practice with story times. It invents as it also monitors and perhaps listens  for sounds that need tending by awakening the body from sleep.

I think it just gets the yips occasionally.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I have experienced it and researched it but I'm still not sure what it is. I've had dreams with demons in them since I became a Christian, if it is a real demon using the name of Jesus should wake you up. It always did. But I had 1 or 2 sleep paralysis events where using the name Jesus didn't work. This lends evidence to the idea that sleep paralysis isn't anything demonic just a very scary human thing. It just feels so real, as if something is holding me in a vice grip and I can't break it's hold no matter what I do. It always grabs me from behind so I can't really see what is holding me. After what always feels like 30 minutes or so, the thing just slowly lets go. Once I can move a bit I start realizing it's a dream.

I doubt you will heed this advice, deeplytroubled, but I would stop watching Harry Potter movies. Evil spirits will give trouble to anyone who loves God but why make it so easy for them to attack you. I've never seen a Harry Potter movie simply because I know the story involves witchcraft, even though they sugar coat it. Actually I made a promise to God that I'll never watch anything that overly glorifies our enemy Satan. Mainly this means that if the character of Satan or Lucifer is being portrayed by an actor then that movie is sin for me. I won't watch such trash. 

But beyond my personal promise to God, I've learned that by not exposing myself to stimuli that's regularly used by evil beings I can help to keep them away. And I want them as far away as possible.

Keep this in mind my friend, you may decide to do this also someday.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

People talk about sleep paralysis demons, but I've never encountered such a thing, near as I know; only the feeling of touch or voices near to when I'm waking up. The feeling of a hand and a voice whispering in my ear. Even had the freaky experience of feeling like there was a tongue in my mouth (and no, not my own, of course). It's really freaky and makes a person paranoid about sleeping, but still, I attribute such things merely to my disturbed sleep and tricks of the mind.

A madman sees this or that, and though others might not see what they witness, they perceive it as real. Perception, the mind's influence over it, it's a very powerful and honestly fairly scary thing. I just try not to let the experiences bug me too much. They did the first time, and I lost more sleep than usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Sleep patterns rem sleep issues sleep apnea  seem to have become a big business as well as a real issue for so very many individuals. Maybe it is  that people and their medical teams are more aware of it. It is a real health issue. I don't think of it as a spiritual one. If it were would a CPAP machine eliminate the problem like it does  for so very many people now a days?

For years I never seemed to have rem sleep, seldom  dreamed, and seldom did I sleep more than 3 hours at any one time. I would however if I dreamed get  one reoccurring dream, a nightmare, of a construction job gone wrong, and water was always pouring in and the waters were rising all around.

Oh wait that was days, building at Florida, sorry about that.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 12/17/2019 at 2:09 AM, Deeplytroubled said:

Has any one experienced any thing like this? Thoughts?

Yes. It's a demonic presence, but you can be delivered from it. By the way, I'd dispense with the Potter movies from now on. That's not helping you much at all. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes. It's a demonic presence, but you can be delivered from it. By the way, I'd dispense with the Potter movies from now on. That's not helping you much at all. 

With or without the demonic presence,  it is inviting a curse to watch those demonic movies/ shows.  The false teachers, false prophets, and false christians however love watching evil things.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not an expert in anything, but I'll share my own thoughts:

I suspect our minds have far more capacity and complexities than we even realize. I think our gateways to our mind [sight, hearing, taste, touch and smell] permanently records and takes in everything presented. Perhaps our mind could even be used as a 'witness' for and against us, and a written record of our lives. I think even though many times we can't bring something to memory we know is there in our conscience mind, it's still there and recorded subconsciously. A crude example:

If I asked you right now to chant off some advertisement jingles, chances are you could only name off a few. If I were to sing or choreograph the first few words of a jingle, I'll bet one could complete hundreds or all of them; even from decades ago. My point is, I think it's all there awaiting retrieval. 

GIGO: When we watch such things for example as Harry Potter, the Walking Dead, horror movies, etc. It enters through our eye and ear gateways, is processed and permanently recorded. What if we were being constantly watched by demonic forces, them knowing us better than we do and our fears and weaknesses, to be used against us and to our detriment? We fight against forces of darkness and principalities in high places bent on our destruction. They shoot fiery darts at us; I take that to mean supernatural forced thoughts, suggestions, fears and possibly dreams. The dark forces are extremely intelligent and powerful. 

So powerful that we are given and need the protective equipment to 'stand' against the Devil; as outlined in Ephesians 6:. I've personally found, the days I immerse myself in the word of God and time each day to read and ponder His word; I sleep much better that night and as I'm falling asleep my mind drifts to something biblical. 

It seems obvious we're the most vulnerable physically when we sleep. What about physiologically, mentally and spiritually when we sleep? < Notice that's a question.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Sleep paralysis is not a demonic presence. It is a neurological disorder and the feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It is common with narcolepsy and also with mental illnesses. 

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Sleep paralysis is not a demonic presence. It is a neurological disorder and the feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It is common with narcolepsy and also with mental illnesses. 

Yes, that's true. Sleep paralysis isn't demonic. 

On 12/17/2019 at 2:09 AM, Deeplytroubled said:

I look up and what only I can describe as what looked like Lord Voldemor from harry potter in the same black get up was walking pretty fast towards the hallway. Before it hit the corner it had a spidey sense I watched it, then just like that within a few steps lunged towards me with the hand gripping my heart. In that moment it really felt like I was experiencing physical pain in my chest and that life was being drained out of me. Shortly though, this was all maybe 5 or 6 seconds. I was grunting, trying to yell, I honestly don't know why it let go because at that moment I was scared to death and weak. 

This is not sleep paralysis. The OP is being troubled with occult influences by watching too many Potter movies, and whatever else is causing it. These aren't bad dreams, they're evil spirits. My former involvement and deliverance from occult bondage is too keen not to recognize this on the spot. 

• Well Said! 1