ItsJustDeep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Nightmares or night terrors are no more than your brain's way of dealing with your fears or any trauma you may have experienced. It is not evil spirits. If the nightmares or night terrors continue and disrupt your sleep continually and you are losing sleep perhaps it is time to visit your physican and get a checkup. Prayer is the best weapon for this disturbance.

Philippians 4:6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

What made my sleep paralysis experiences so terrifying was that they usually start with me seeing someone I think I recognize but then that person grabs me from behind and hold me tight. Once he's holding me I can no longer see his face but I could see his arms and they changed from human into something more like octopus arms. I don't want to believe there was actually a demonic entity doing this but that is 1 theory. ... ... The very first time I had a dream which lead to me screaming the name Jesus was when I was a newbie. It was only later when I told this dream to some church friends, was I told that all Christians get scary dreams that often require the use of the name Jesus to make the dream end. In my 40 yrs as a Christian I'd say this is true. But hopefully these are just bad dreams.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Nightmares or night terrors are no more than your brain's way of dealing with your fears or any trauma you may have experienced. It is not evil spirits. 

True, they are not. When one is experiencing these occurrences while conscious as was indicated, it's another issue all together. I've experienced similar, but not near as intense. We didn't have Potter movies then, or any other thing like them. Yes, I became entangled with the occult. Play with fire, you will get burned. I learned, and learned well from my mistakes. The Lord delivered me from occult bondage. I can testify, anyone can be freed by Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've seen a couple potter movies but in no way a fan ? It was just an accurate description for a bald ghoul looking thing. Neither a fan of scary movies in general, i've dealt with my share of real life demons to open that door again. Atleast not alone no way.

But to shed light on the paralysis attacks..

Before I got tired at night I would always tell myself not to sleep facing the wall because I wouldn't see what's behind me. Shoot, I still do that. Granted, there were times when I did fall asleep facing the wall, and felt some what lucky feeling that "they didn't get me" in the morning.

Fast forward to the time I fell asleep facing the wall, I had a dream i'm there on my bed and the door knob slightly turns. My brother walks in with his hands in the air(wearing black if that matters) I reach for an object and throw it at him, he dodges and takes one large lunge-step towards the foot of the bed and I put my guard down then go back to sleep. I'm still dreaming.

While in dream of another dream I wonder 1) why is my brother here? 2) why did I throw something at him? 3? where was he last before falling asleep?

After crossing off the questions in my head I woke up facing the wall, terrified just feeling like something demonic is behind me looking down. Me being a coward I was too afraid to even face my demon, I stretched my hand towards the door about to call on the name Jesus to hopefully do what I can't. THAT is when I froze. That's when I heard the first hiss. Like a snake or angry cat.

I tried to move and the 2nd hiss was more loud, angry even. Finally tried with everything to get on my back and did, felt like I wrestled a ghost and the fight was over like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Deeplytroubled said:

After crossing off the questions in my head I woke up facing the wall, terrified just feeling like something demonic is behind me looking down. Me being a coward I was too afraid to even face my demon, I stretched my hand towards the door about to call on the name Jesus to hopefully do what I can't. THAT is when I froze. That's when I heard the first hiss. Like a snake or angry cat.

I tried to move and the 2nd hiss was more loud, angry even. Finally tried with everything to get on my back and did, felt like I wrestled a ghost and the fight was over like that.

Friend,

I believe you have answered your own questions here on experiencing so-called sleep paralysis. Many have had frightening experiences while slumbering. Trying to call out for help and being unable to move or vocalize. Trapped by strangers that seem intent on harming them, etc. That's all pretty normal stuff. Still, what you've described here is on the spiritual plane. So I'm gonna say this again, these are evil spirits. Having studied demonology and how occultism ties into how these things occur, I've heard this previously, numerous times. That's why my stance on this is adamant. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

i look up scripture readings that i can listen to. or music. i even like listenign to ocean waves or rain

14 minutes ago, preciouspearl said:

i look up scripture readings that i can listen to. or music. i even like listenign to ocean waves or rain

Yes, my sound machine has these and a few more that are not so great. Wind has the intermittent howls that sound like a banshee. Tropical forest has periodic birds squawking in it. Nothing's perfect. I avoid those features of course.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, my sound machine has these and a few more that are not so great. Wind has the intermittent howls that sound like a banshee. Tropical forest has periodic birds squawking in it. Nothing's perfect. I avoid those features of course.  

yeah that is why i never bought a soun dmachine. youtube is good for finding what you want. just a steady noise. no surprises. and my ceiling fan

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,025
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Sleep paralysis is a physiological condition, which occurs for physical reasons. 

Sleep researchers conclude that, in most cases, sleep paralysis is simply a sign that your body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep. Rarely is sleep paralysis linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems.

Over the centuries, symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, the old hag in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and alien abductors. Almost every culture throughout history has had stories of shadowy evil creatures that terrify helpless humans at night. People have long sought explanations for this mysterious sleep-time paralysis and the accompanying feelings of terror.

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-paralysis#1

Which is not to say that a demon couldn't use that human characteristic any less than it could use any other.   But the odds are, unless you've noticed something apart from this common phenomenon, it's merely dreaming that persists momentarily after you wake up.    During dreams, your body is normally "turned off" so that you don't thrash around; sometimes that continues briefly after you wake up.

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

During dreams, your body is normally "turned off" so that you don't thrash around; sometimes that continues briefly after you wake up.

Ever watch a time lapse video of a person in a sleep clinic? You'll see tossing, turning, and intermittent body movements going on through the entire sleep phase. Dreaming or not. I'd post a YouTube vid on that, but it is not allowed in this portion of the forums. ;)