• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1999

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while, but it's nice to be back :-) 

I just wanted to ask if any of you have ever had to spend Christmas/Christmas Eve alone or without the person you really wanted to be with? (I'm sure it's very likely) 

I recently moved into my own apartment and have been finding it quite hard to settle down on my own. I'm used to a very noisy household, having 10 siblings and two dogs, and now that I'm all alone (I couldn't bring my dog to my apartment ?) it's extremely lonely. 

I'm concerned about Xmas this year especially. I'll be going back to my mom's house for the day, but not everyone is going to be there, and since my boyfriend is working Xmas Eve, Xmas day and boxing day, I won't see him at all. This is the first time in 5 years we won't be seeing each other over Xmas. In fact, we're not even going to see each other during the week leading up to Xmas! It feels a bit daunting tbh. 

Also, his brother just had a baby at the beginning of the month, but he's not going to be allowed to spend Xmas with his new son -- he and the mother are having problems again -- and he's pretty broken up about it. My friend has just moved out as well and is on her own with her three little girls for the first time! She has her boyfriend with her, but she's never had to do Xmas all by herself before -- wrapping presents, decorations, Xmas dinner etc. I imagine is quite overwhelming, especially the first time. 

Any advice on how to stop feeling so lonely/overwhelmed/anxious? Or do we need to just suck it up and get on with it? I feel kind of childish even worrying about it all, but I can't help it atm.

I hope you all have a great Xmas and get everything you've wished & prayed for ?☺️

Edited by Godfearingfeminist
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

25 minutes ago, Godfearingfeminist said:

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while, but it's nice to be back :-) 

I just wanted to ask if any of you have ever had to spend Christmas/Christmas Eve alone or without the person you really wanted to be with? (I'm sure it's very likely) 

I recently moved into my own apartment and have been finding it quite hard to settle down on my own. I'm used to a very noisy household, having 10 siblings and two dogs, and now that I'm all alone (I couldn't bring my dog to my apartment ?) it's extremely lonely. 

I'm concerned about Xmas this year especially. I'll be going back to my mom's house for the day, but not everyone is going to be there, and since my boyfriend is working Xmas Eve, Xmas day and boxing day, I won't see him at all. This is the first time in 5 years we won't be seeing each other over Xmas. In fact, we're not even going to see each other during the week leading up to Xmas! It feels a bit daunting tbh. 

Also, his brother just had a baby at the beginning of the month, but he's not going to be allowed to spend Xmas with his new son -- he and the mother are having problems again -- and he's pretty broken up about it. My friend has just moved out as well and is on her own with her three little girls for the first time! She has her boyfriend with her, but she's never had to do Xmas all by herself before -- wrapping presents, decorations, Xmas dinner etc. I imagine is quite overwhelming, especially the first time. 

Any advice on how to stop feeling so lonely/overwhelmed/anxious? Or do we need to just suck it up and get on with it? I feel kind of childish even worrying about it all, but I can't help it atm.

I hope you all have a great Xmas and get everything you've wished & prayed for ?☺️

We can't be with our family Christmas day but later over the weekend....    so we are going to be with some church friends on Christmas day....    Thanksgiving we had a Thanksgiving meal for anyone alone on that day at church.     Our church friends will invite several couples that do not have family home and we all get together to enjoy each others company.

So if you are alone and others you know are alone just have them all over to your place and be alone together.   It helps.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Christmas can be very lonely indeed. Just a fact that statistics also give testimony to, very sad and even terrible for some.

So that acknowledged what might one do? It is going to be different anyway-

Is it too late to give some small portion of Christmas day to some others that do not have much or even anything material for themselves? How about doing a short stint helping others help yet others on Christmas with a meal, or a time at a rest home or rehab facility for an hour or maybe two?

How about finding a place to give a gift of your labor and some friendship?

How about just go shopping  for a toy  to give to toys for tots.

Or could just pick up a easy reading Bible story  or the Bible and just read and pray,  for personal enjoyment and quiet comfort.

A plan to give some of self on Christmas might help some. But; yes it will be a bit lonely by comparison to Christmas Past. So build a Christmas Future  could start out today even.

May God bless you on Christmas, especially this Christmas a new adventure for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Oh my gosh you sound like future me! I have 3 other siblings and 2 dogs and I have a baby son so Im used to noise as well. 

Kudos on your apartment..if you ever feel lonely go out and visit family :)

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well... if you don't want to be alone on Christmas then go find someone to be with. Your not the only one who is alone on Christmas I'm sure....find someone else and brighten their day somehow...it will probably brighten your Christmas as well.