What do I call this experience?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Gonna keep it short: Me and my family was invited to church after some things happened that led us to have a pastor pray for me anyways once they invited us to church we go the following service and I get convicted and start to cry and apologize for sins that I have done and while I was crying or rite when I stopped crying I felt like warm and a perfect peace inside of me and felt weightless like I was floating, i was just wondering if this was for sure the holy ghost? I didnt speak in tounges when it happened I have recently but not until 7 years later that I spoke in tongues. So what do I call this experience ? Thanks for reading any comments are appreciated. God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

It's not an unusual experience. Coming to God and feeling His presence can be a very emotional event that includes the very things you've mentioned.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, Rivers said:

I felt like warm and a perfect peace inside of me and felt weightless like I was floating,

Hi,

Could be most anything I suppose, but I would call it conscience relieved, a mental and spiritual weight being lifted off. By itself it likely doesn't mean a whole lot. What happens as result however, That may have much consequence and positive result.

What does the confession  or acknowledgement lead  to next?- A restitution of some kind, or a change in manner going forward?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 12/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, Rivers said:

Gonna keep it short: Me and my family was invited to church after some things happened that led us to have a pastor pray for me anyways once they invited us to church we go the following service and I get convicted and start to cry and apologize for sins that I have done and while I was crying or rite when I stopped crying I felt like warm and a perfect peace inside of me and felt weightless like I was floating, i was just wondering if this was for sure the holy ghost? I didnt speak in tounges when it happened I have recently but not until 7 years later that I spoke in tongues. So what do I call this experience ? Thanks for reading any comments are appreciated. God bless.

I Echo @Neighbor words in that this is the burden of sin being lifted off of you, the feeling of being Cleansed when one is Born again.

The Holy Ghost convicted you, and you received Him then. Tongues and the other Gifts of the Spirit are a Baptism of the Holy Spirit, that comes Later in ones walk and faith.