• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - December 19, 2019

Friend, whatever and where ever!

Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said: "Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me."

When Ruth pledged her allegiance to Naomi and to the God of Israel, it wasn't based on, "What ifs?" or circumstances. It was a faith rooted in her devotion to Naomi and God even to the point of death!

So often, I've received emails from people wondering why? "Why this?" or "Why that?" But honestly, "His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts" -- and I don't have easy answers for much of the horrendous stuff that happens to us! But what I do know is our faith is not based on "if this" circumstance was changed then I could serve -- or "if this" problem didn't exist then my life would be so much easier!

We tend to look at our circumstances, our problems, our status, our situations -- however the faith we're called to have is a "whatever and where ever" faith!

Friend, let's stop looking at the "what ifs" and "why that" and start looking to the "Who" of your life! The "who" of your life should be Yeshua (Jesus) -- and when He is the "Who" of your life -- then the rest of your life is "whatever and where ever" for your good and His glory! 

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Lapeer, Michigan

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Kentucky, and Indiana this weekend! Check out our calendar for our upcoming speaking engagements. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Editor's Note: Looking for the best holiday gift EVER for the person who has everything??? How about a LIFE ALTERING trip to ISRAEL?! Join us (George and Baht Rivka Whitten of Worthy Ministries) as we will be your personal hosts through the Holy Land! Together we will experience amazing historical and biblical sites, relax at the Dead Sea Spa, enjoy all the delicious cuisine of the Middle East, join in power packed worship and solid teaching, participate in hands-on ministry, meet Israelis and Holocaust Survivors, an outreach concert, a special Yemenite lunch, tasting at Jerusalem’s outdoor food market, camel rides, Bedouin hospitality, Shabbat dinner at our home, a baptism at the Jordan River, sunset Galilee boat ride, and loads more!! Experience Real Israel with us— you don’t want to miss this!! We have limited spaces available. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours or send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com.

Editor's Note: If you have a prayer request, or if you'd be interested in becoming an intercessor, be sure to visit the Worthy Prayer Team!

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Iran rolls out new line of advanced centrifuges
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani announced Wednesday his country would employ a new line of advanced centrifuges to speed up uranium enrichment, reducing the time it would take the Islamic Republic to acquire a nuclear weapon to under a year.
U.S., Russian Military Chiefs Meet In Switzerland On Syria, Avoiding Conflicts
The top U.S. and Russian military commanders on December 18 held talks on Syria, where both countries are militarily engaged, and on improving mutual communication.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Thousands of IDF troops drill war in the North, West Bank
Over a thousand IDF reservists are in the midst of a large-scale drill in the West Bank, training to stop terror threats against Israeli civilians by Palestinian terrorists as Defense Minister Naftali Bennett and IDF Chief of Staff Lieutenant-General Aviv Kochavi toured a drill in the Golan Heights.
IDF holds surprise test drill for cyber attack
Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi held a third surprise drill concerning a possible cyber attack and shut-down of security systems on Wednesday, according to the IDF Spokespersons' Unit.
Shin Bet arrests 50 PFLP terrorists, thwarting upcoming attack
Israeli security forces in the West Bank have uncovered and dismantled a 50-person strong terrorist cell believed to behind a string of deadly attacks in the area including the deadly Dolev bombing which claimed the life of a teenage girl, the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) said Wednesday.

Inside the United States
House Votes to Impeach Trump: 230-197 For ‘Abuse of Power,’ 229-198 For ‘Obstruction of Congress’
The House of Representatives on Wednesday voted 230-197 to impeach President Trump for 'abuse of power' over his dealings with Ukraine, and by a vote of 229-198 to impeach him for 'obstruction of Congress.'
US Supreme Court Could Limit Job Bias Lawsuits Against Churches
The Supreme Court said Wednesday it will consider expanding protections for churches against job-discrimination claims.
Consumer Confidence Soars as Economy Steadily Improves
Financial markets globally and in the US are looking up. The DOW, S&P 500, and NASDAQ hit record-closing highs Tuesday as a stock rally extended into five straight sessions.
Court voids Obamacare mandate — but not the whole law
A federal appeals court on Wednesday struck down Obamacare’s individual mandate in a decision that immediately thrusts the health care law to the forefront of the 2020 elections.
Study: US Has World's Highest Percentage of Children Living in Single-Parent Homes
According to a new study, the United States has the world's largest percentage of children living in a single-parent home.
White House Press Secretary: Trump impeached on "two baseless articles of impeachment that lack any support in evidence and fail even to describe any impeachable offense"
Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to impeach President Trump Wednesday night, slating him for a trial in the Republican-controlled Senate in January in which he is expected to be cleared of the charges.

Christian News
Chinese house churches continue to be targets, Bible banned in some regions
The Chinese government crackdown on unofficial Christianity continued late summer into early fall, with house churches in Yunnan province and Shandong province shut down in August and October.
Report releases extremely high death toll of Christians in Nigeria in the last 4 years
More than 1,000 Christians were killed in Nigeria in the last year and more than 6,000 since 2015 according to findings from 'Your Land or Your Blood,' a new report by Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust.
Fla. Education Department says athletic association should not ban prayer from high school football games
Florida’s Department of Education has expressed their support for two Christian high schools who were barred from having a prayer given via loudspeaker at a football game held at the Citrus Bowl Stadium.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA