• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

27 minutes ago, TimothyGirl said:

I don’t pretend to understand what Paul means by “because of the angels.” It still remains a mystery to me.

The answer to this is well know in antiquity though few will want to tell you the truth because they are embarrassed. So go and look up online Dr. Michael Heiser's take on the head covering issue. As for the 'angels' that is a very real threat due to Gen 6 so the apostle links the two. It is the Greek Medical understanding of the day.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,044
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

MATTHEW 24:35 heaven and earth shall pass away but MY words shall not pass away 

GALATIANS 1:11 but I certify you brethren that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man --1:12-- for I neither received it of man neither was I taught it but by the ---REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST 

ROMANS 2:11 for there is no respect of persons with GOD 

COLOSSIANS 3:25 but he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done ---and there is no respect of persons 

1 PETER 1:25 but the word of THE LORD endureth for ever and this is the word ---which by the gospel--- is preached unto you 

HEBREWS 7:22 by so much was JESUS made a surety of a better testament --7:23-- and they truly were many priests because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death 

********7:24 BUT THIS MAN because HE continueth ever hath an unchangeable priesthood*******

PSALM 108:12 give us help from trouble for vain is the help of man 

ISAIAH 2:22 cease you from man whose breath is in his nostrils for wherein is he to be accounted of 

HEBREWS 13:6 so that we may boldly say --THE LORD IS MY HELPER-- and I will not fear what man shall do unto me 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Edit: Video removed because A. Not in the video section and B. outside of our video length guidelines.

See: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/207066-before-posting-a-video/

and:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/198807-video-length-please-read/

Edit: Video removed because A. Not in the video section and B. outside of our video length guidelines.

See: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/207066-before-posting-a-video/

and:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/198807-video-length-please-read/

Oh... Please forgive I didn't know that. :noidea:

Another argument that is seriously flawed is this one:

[The Messiah's instruction on prayer is complete. To say that the Messiah is silent on the matter is to deny the Word of God for the Messiah is the Word of God.The Messiah said "When you pray, say: 'Father, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.'" (Luke 11:2-4).]

i.e. Well Jesus didn't mention it in how we are to pray.

Paul was appointed as an Apostle by the Messiah and given Apolistic authority and he spoke as he was so moved by the Holy Spirit. Hence, all of his writings to the church body are indeed authoritative.

Here they are making an argument from silence. Just because Jesus did not mention head coverings it does not logically conclude that they are not required. I could very well claim that in the Lord's Prayer Jesus focused his attention on what to pray instead of what to wear while praying. Paul on the other hand, focused on what to wear rather than what to say while praying. Thus they do not contradict each other. All Scripture including all of Paul's letters to the churches are inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit and Jesus do not contradict each other.

You propose an argument from silence which is one of the weakest arguments. Just because something is not mentioned in one passage of scripture does not preclude its instruction in other passages of scripture. In other words, you cannot use silence to rule out other specific passages of scripture that do address the subject at hand.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=424030217  Part 1 

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=72503233756  Part 2

by Pastor Brian Schwertley 

Part 2 covers cultural issues.

Christians should not come up with excuses not to follow 1 Corinthians 11 1-16 (head coverings) just to support their declension.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

9 hours ago, Servant of the Lord said:

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=424030217  Part 1 

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=72503233756  Part 2

by Pastor Brian Schwertley 

Part 2 covers cultural issues.

Christians should not come up with excuses not to follow 1 Corinthians 11 1-16 (head coverings) just to support their declension.

That pastor also believes that thou shalt not use any musical instruments in church, and thou shalt not use any hymns not found outside of psalms. Amazing grace is banned from his church. I reject his teachings as too legalistic. 

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

Personally, I believe this to be the custom for women (Godly ones) to have their head covered out of respect for God at that time.   I could be wrong but this is what I think thus far in my christian walk.  I have had no conviction from the Holy Spirit to cover my head ...just saying. 

At certain times in culture things are wrong or appear sinful and we as christians should try not to look sinful even though we follow God and not the world.  If it is thought of as wearing red lipstick your a fallen women or sexually immoral then it's kinda in the same context.  This was once the case in history but NOW it does not mean you are sexually immoral because you wear red or any lipstick color.  So it does not matter now what lipstick you wear.

This is just to look at scripture not saying anyone here is a Pharisee or wicked please don't get me wrong on that. 

But the Pharisee was surprised to see that Jesus did not first wash before the meal. 39“Now then,” said the Lord, “you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40You fools! Did not the One who made the outside make the inside as well?…

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. LUKE 11:39

Romans 14:14 Paul also wrote this:

therefore let us stop judging one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way. 14I am convinced and fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.