Follower0fJesus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

They also saw Jesus in his resurrected body.

The transfiguration...

All the villages of Israel...

...coming in his kingdom...

you are presuming you know precisely how God meant these

phrases. The fact that they haven't happened yet means you are mistaken

in that presumption.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

God saw  to it that the Bible was written to appear to be contradictory to the World and to those who will not strive to be a serious, hard working student of the same.The Bible can be a very dangerous Book if not “ rightly divided”. People need to pray that they be lead by The Holy Spirit when they read it.....otherwise, just let it continue to gather dust....

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Also... reaching all the villages in Israel can mean the Jews will not

believe in him in totality until he comes.

This is what the Great Tribulation is for, btw. Not God whipping up on the last generation for

the sins of all generations before it.

But to put Israel (after the Church is gone) into the face of certain and total

annihilation. All else fails, so as a last of the last resorts (in their thinking) they cry out to Jesus to be saved from

the Armageddon campaign. And he will come and he will save them.

"Hosha Nah! Yehoshua HaMoshiakh. Hosha Nah!"

Hosha nah = hosanna

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34

Don't lose faith just because your human mind is confused by something in the Bible.

Our hearts and minds are faulty, worldly, and the devil LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to twist and confuse the word of God.  See, he has accomplished his goal with you.  The claim in your title is that something must be wrong with the Bible, ergo, something is wrong with God and your faith has lessened because God makes mistakes.

Maybe you didn't type that as your title, but it is what you meant.

MATTHEW 10:23 

The context - which is vital - is Jesus speaking of a future persecution.  First, he commissions them for am immediate going out to preach, then in verse 16 - he continues this teaching of how life will be for them in the future.  Verses 1-15 are about their encounters with Jews only, Jesus says, so that's the immediate teaching.  Then, in verse 16, he speaks of the persecution among the Gentiles - being brought before governors and kings of the Gentiles.  So beginning in verse 16, Jesus is talking about a future event.  When he says that the gospel will not reach all of Israel before he comes.  Comes for what reason?  The judgement of Israel.  And that came true.  The Romans government overturned Israel in 70 A.D.  - before the entirety of Israel was given the gospel.

MATTHEW 16:28

Peter, James, and John DID see Jesus coming in his glory.  It was at the Transfiguration.

MATTHEW 24:34

Jesus said that this generation would not pass until "all these things have happened".  What things??

Well, Jesus mentioned, in part:

•  the destruction of the Temple [this happened in 70 AD]
  •  the signs of the coming of Christ
  •  the abomination of desolation [the AntiChrist seated in the Temple]
  •  the end of the age

When looking at this list, "this generation" obviously does not mean "you guys standing right here".  Thayers Greek lexicon says that "generation" can also mean "a successive line of a particular genealogy".

Perhaps Jesus meant the Jews would not die out and all of this will take place with the Jews present.  God is not finished with Israel.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Don't lose faith just because your human mind is confused by something in the Bible.

Our hearts and minds are faulty, worldly, and the devil LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to twist and confuse the word of God.  See, he has accomplished his goal with you.  The claim in your title is that something must be wrong with the Bible, ergo, something is wrong with God and your faith has lessened because God makes mistakes.

Maybe you didn't type that as your title, but it is what you meant.

MATTHEW 10:23 

The context - which is vital - is Jesus speaking of a future persecution.  First, he commissions them for am immediate going out to preach, then in verse 16 - he continues this teaching of how life will be for them in the future.  Verses 1-15 are about their encounters with Jews only, Jesus says, so that's the immediate teaching.  Then, in verse 16, he speaks of the persecution among the Gentiles - being brought before governors and kings of the Gentiles.  So beginning in verse 16, Jesus is talking about a future event.  When he says that the gospel will not reach all of Israel before he comes.  Comes for what reason?  The judgement of Israel.  And that came true.  The Romans government overturned Israel in 70 A.D.  - before the entirety of Israel was given the gospel.

MATTHEW 16:28

Peter, James, and John DID see Jesus coming in his glory.  It was at the Transfiguration.

MATTHEW 24:34

Jesus said that this generation would not pass until "all these things have happened".  What things??

Well, Jesus mentioned, in part:

•  the destruction of the Temple [this happened in 70 AD]
  •  the signs of the coming of Christ
  •  the abomination of desolation [the AntiChrist seated in the Temple]
  •  the end of the age

When looking at this list, "this generation" obviously does not mean "you guys standing right here".  Thayers Greek lexicon says that "generation" can also mean "a successive line of a particular genealogy".

Perhaps Jesus meant the Jews would not die out and all of this will take place with the Jews present.  God is not finished with Israel.

I invite you to read my previous comment. It seems everyone has a similar answer, which I believe is wrong.

Also I don't like the answers: "it hasn't happened, therefore that's not what it meant". 

You can use the same logic with a false prophet. Ex: "He prophesied the end will be in 100 years. But 1 day is as 1000 years". It's just twisting the meaning to meet your own interpretation. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

Matthew 17:1   And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

Matthew 17:2   And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Matthew 17:3   And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Matthew 17:8   And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

Matthew 17:9   And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

Reflect

Matthew 16:28   Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Amongst those that were standing there, were Peter, James and John.  In the vision, they saw Jesus in his full glory, in his spirit form.  They got a glimpse, a vision of how they will see Christ will appear at his Coming.   No one else saw it but them.  Those apostles are dead now.  They were not to die (taste death) until they got to see this.  To taste death is to know it's coming.  To suffer persecution for the Lord's sake.

• Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/20/2019 at 1:28 PM, Follower0fJesus said:

The verse is referring to Jesus coming. You're referring to Jesus going. Read the verse prior to the one I quoted. It explains what's to happen when the "Son of Man comes in his Kingdom". He will come to judge with angels. That hasn't happened. 

His Kingdom is not of this world. When the Holy Spirit came in Pentecost its the sign He has come in His Kingdom.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/20/2019 at 12:13 AM, Follower0fJesus said:

"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34

The more I read, the more I lose faith.

By Follower0fJesus,  Yesterday at 12:13 AM in General Discussion 

Hi, Do you think you had faith to start with?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

It seems everyone wants to throw their opinion in, but not actually read what I write.

Jesus is speaking about persecution as they go through the towns of Israel. That whoever survives to the end will be saved. (context)

Then why does Jesus say, "before the Son of Man comes" and what does it mean?

Let's look at every time it says "Son of Man comes". 

"When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?” Luke 18:8

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne." Matthew 25:31

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory." Matthew 24:30

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works." Matthew 16:27

"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." Mattew 24:37

Every time it's written: "comes", it's referring to the second coming. This is confirmed by his disciples also believing he would return in their generation.

Read this verse in context, full verse: "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." 

He will come with angels to judge. For all the people who say this was the transfiguration. Did he come to judge with angels? No.

Did he have his kingdom yet, before the crucifixion? No.

Again, let's look at every time it's referring to generation.

Matthew 1:1- The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matthew 12:34- O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 12:39- But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matthew 12:45- Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Matthew 17:17- Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you?

Mark 8:12- And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Is he referring to a future generation like everyone claims? No. Furthermore, he says "this generation" not "that generation".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/19/2019 at 11:17 PM, Follower0fJesus said:

Jesus is basically saying he will return within his generation. 

Remember what Jesus TOLD, HIMSELF,  to His Own Permanent Disciples, as recorded in Scripture.

(when would He leave them or desert them? )