• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

7 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Also not sure what you mean by "personal help", and how that will answer any questions.... 
Other than talking to someone who will lullaby you back into faith with sugar coated words....

:sherlock:

No Sugar

There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to Him: 

haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that run swiftly to evil, a false witness who gives false testimony, 

and one who stirs up discord among brothers. Proverbs 6:16-19 (Berean Study Bible)

No Sweets

“And they shall go forth and look Upon the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm does not die, And their fire is not quenched. They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.” Isaiah 66:24 (New King James Version)

Just A Short Walk

“If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell, where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. Mark 9:47-48 (New American Standard Bible)

Into Eternal Perdition And Fire

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 11-15 (English Standard Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Can't Believe

so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life. “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:15-16 (New Living Translation)

Just Ask

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11;13 (New International Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Love, Joe

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Interesting you chose the word "truth", yet almost every answer here was different. 

Of course!  Why assume that every child of God is at the same level of understanding of the things of God?

Again, you've got no reason for such an assumption....

And, we have reasons to OPPOSE that assumption...

Therefore, diversity of opinions amongst God's children is not evidence against the truth of the object of those opinions...

Regards...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

I've been studying these verses for years, and all these answers I've heard of countless times, and none of them work. The "answers" are either a play on words/meanings or out of context references to events. 

Those 3 verses cross reference each other, and giving an answer to one by changing the meaning of words, doesn't answer any questions. 

Maybe those answers satisfy others, but not me. I've tried applying similar meanings, but the more I read, the more I realize they don't work. The more it seems Jesus really was preparing for a return within his generation.

Also not sure what you mean by "personal help", and how that will answer any questions. Other than talking to someone who will lullaby you back into faith with sugar coated words.

"I've been studying these verses for years, and all these answers I've heard of countless times, and none of them work. The "answers" are either a play on words/meanings or out of context references to events. "

BASELESS accusation.

WHERE is your proof of this claim?

"Those 3 verses cross reference each other"

BASELESS accusation.

"The more it seems Jesus really was preparing for a return within his generation."

BASELESS accusation.

"Other than talking to someone who will lullaby you back into faith with sugar coated words."

Ahhh....and here we see a glimpse of the REAL problem evidently seeking to hide behind alleged "problems" in the Bible....

An attitude that resists "faith with sugar coated words".....

Very well then.

STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

SATISFY your OWN burden of proof that you place upon others.

Do NOT be a hypocrite, by demanding a standard of proof for others, when you don't even meet that standard yourself!

Do NOT give us FAITHLESSNESS WITH VINEGAR-COATED WORDS.

DEFEND and JUSTIFY your position.

PROVE Your claims.

Thus far, you have FAILED to prove the following:

1. "The "answers" are either a play on words/meanings or out of context references to events. ""

2. "Those 3 verses cross reference each other"

3. "The more it seems Jesus really was preparing for a return within his generation."

So, if you want OTHERS to prove THEIR viewpoints, then YOU MUST DO THE SAME (or else you're a hypocrite, by definition....)

So PROVE YOUR THREE CLAIMS.

PROVE them.

Don't just type them (and then pretend it's proof).

Where's the PROOF, buddy?

WHERE'S the beef?

I'm hungry...but you're only giving me baseless claims....

And, you've been avoiding the evidential detail in my responses, again confirming you're not willing to follow the evidence where it leads you.....implying that the REAL problem is something else.....a heart that is unwilling to follow evidence.....

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt....

So try again.

37 minutes ago, nobleseed said:

those things did happen in their time, they saw the resurrection of Jesus and the beginnings of the kingdom of God

Mt 24:30 (Rev.1:7) is yet future.

After all, the great tribulation (Mt.24:21)....evidently described in great detail in Revelation.....is yet future.

Thus, Mt. 24:34 must be future.

25 minutes ago, nobleseed said:

it started in their time but will end in ours, also that generation did not pass away because they received eternal life

"that generation" is in reference to the generation that sees "all these things take place"....and all those things did NOT yet take place....so it's referring to a future generation......

I think maybe we agree on this....

blessings...