Yeshua153

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, now about xmas, which a lot of you will know about the pagan aspect, but I want to tie it up around denominational doctrine.
First, the ancient Romans celebrated the 'Saturnalia', where, for a 7day period, 17-24th Dec, they had wild orgies, & partied, & selected a slave to be king, for 7 days, & then be sacrificed on the 25th, which was winter solstice, on the Julian calander (now is 21st), same as throwing the yule log in the fire.
The Emperor Constantine, fearing for his life, as Vandals, Goths, Huns & Visigoths, were attacking Rome, he merged Christian & pagan belief together, to appease, so that everyone could worship their gods. Signified by many churches having Jesus, Mary & disciples with halos above their heads, so the sun god worshippers could have what the so called Christians had.
Constantine formed the Roman Catholic church, & started the Eucharist, & transubstantiation, of the round wafer, (literally believing it turns into Christ's body), which is eating human flesh, cannibalism. In the old testament, priest was Khan & their god was Baal, that's where cannibal came from. The catholics still parade around in white pointed hats & robes, similar to the KKK.
The Protestant churches had their own form of Eucharist, as well as most other denominations. By the way denomination comes from the Greek de- no & nomos- law, meaning no law, as men make their own.
This can all be summed up from 2Cor11v4 
For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As for me I will celebrate the Lord with a joyful "Merry Christmas!" to all.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 3

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

There are records of Christians celebrating Jesus' birth on December 25th before Constantine was born (e.g. in the Commentary on Daniel by Hippolytus of Rome - 202AD).

1 - We should be cautious against falling for the common anti-Christian strategy of claiming our traditions are derived from paganism, and

2 - God looks at the heart. So what is important about Christmas is what it means to the conscience of each Christian.

Romans 14:4-6 - Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

Merry Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Betha said:

Yes, another jesus....which they have well put up with ..a counterfeit....for 2000 years so far.  But when the TRUE LORD returns from Heaven it will all be changed...as HE establishes HIS Kingdom !!!  COME SOON LORD JESUS !!!

Wow! someone who agrees, hopefully not too many more, wouldn't want to get popular. Better to be hated for following truth, than be fitting in with what the world follows!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

A perfunctory search will find out the Babylonian etc etc origins of x-mas.

Yeshua was born 2-3BC 9/11 as far as the star charts indicate.

The rest is the major components of 'the church' falling away. The great falling away is celebrated by x-mas, yule, halloween, and all that pagan stuff. Fairly obvious, especially considering the evergreens and the cakes for the queen of heaven. So sad.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Afraid we will never be 'popular in this present 'evil world.Gal 1v4.  We are 'hated and thus 'spiritually killed.

Nope you are not hated, not at all.  Merry Christmas!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

2 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

@Revlori, I received notification that you responded to something in this thread but I can't find such, so cannot respond .. sorry

That's ok sister,I was just agreeing with you and I believe what you said was well spoken! let us stand strong together  this Christmas season, and know what Christmas really means and proclaim it!

(whatever history says .. rightly or wrongly .. Christmas for me is celebration of Jesus Christ's birth .. He came to give His sinless life on the cross to pay the debt aka price for mankind's sinfulness from Adam and Eve on .. He was named Immanuel aka Emanuel, meaning "God with us" .. Christ was/is Messiah, Lord and Saviour .. so, Christmas for me is all about the aforementioned, nothing to do with pagans or their celebrations .. as for the fun part of Christmas, Santa Claus and gift giving was originally St. Nicholas who was there for the poor as was good King Wencelas (spelling?) .. and although part of pagan worship, the Christmas tree to Christians is just a beautifully decorated tree which adds to the happiness of Christmas .. its lights cheer up the darkness and Christ is Light of the World, so maybe Christmas tree lights lighting up a darkened room can be a symbol or not  but certainly nothing to do with paganism .. so Christmas for me is spiritual around Jesus Christ Son of God and God Himself and Saviour of all mankind and around the fun part .. soooooooo, Merry Christmas to all .. Happy and Holy Christmas to all .)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Wow! someone who agrees, hopefully not too many more, wouldn't want to get popular. Better to be hated for following truth, than be fitting in with what the world follows!

The Lord's Supper was Galilean Seder at Passover

(on 14 Nisan while official Seder was on 15 Nisan).

At any rate, the third cup (the cup of redemption)

is what "communion" is supposed to be about as well

as the afikomen being the broken bread / body.

But try telling anyone that without anger. hate, getting thrown out of

church...

Oy!

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

12 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

You have adopted a persecution fantasy by confusing disagreement with hatred.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

Well, let me "rain" on the parade here...

I can kill my spirit,...HOGWASH!!!

I'm a born again new creation in Christ, in the process of my "conception" my "spiritual" Father is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God is the "spiritual" ovum...  1 Pet 1:23

Why do I say it's HOGWASH, ...because to "kill" my new creation's "spirit,"  ...I have to be more powerful than God Almighty, ...THE Holy Spirit!!!

Ain't never gonna happen.....