• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/2002

What is your favorite verse? Why do you like that verse and are there verses you go to in time of need? Just curious :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

25 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

What is your favorite verse? Why do you like that verse and are there verses you go to in time of need? Just curious :) 

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' "

There is closure in that passage.

The story of the Centurion beginning in Matthew 8:5 is my favorite story. The Centurion humbled himself, who understood power and authority, but placed himself under Jesus. Jesus said he had more faith than anyone in all Israel. Here was a soldier, most likely an unbeliever, who believed Jesus, and because he did, his servant was healed exactly the way the Centurion asked---at a distance! Believe Jesus and miracles can indeed happen.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

When Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life".

Because that is the verse that He spoke to me when He saved me.

Actually--He said, "I am the Truth".

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, Kenzie said:

Hi,

I do not have a favorite verse, nor favorite passage.  I do go to the guidance of the Holy Spirit as I read, pray, and try to read as study as well as for pleasurable worship.

I actually tend to fear the versification of God's word by man as often being used to justify behavior and thought it was never intended to justify.  Far as I can tell isolating a portion of God into a verse is a most dangerous way to be led into action.  

As to whole books  of thought, I suppose my absolute favorite contains the 23rd Psalm. Perhaps because it is David that is writing it( The 23rd Psalm), with all his turmoils and history and faults He is secure and counts on that security with his life. It  is likely  written when he was older and is also prophetic in message. He is secure in God.

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
      He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
      He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever."

Merry Christmas Kenzie and all  on the Board.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

All of the words in the Bible come from God. They are all important so I do not have a favorite verse. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

John 11:32-37
32 Therefore, when Mary came where Jesus was, she saw Him, and fell at His feet, saying to Him, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died." 33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her, also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit, and was troubled, 34 and said, "Where have you laid him?" They said to Him, "Lord, come and see." 35 Jesus wept. 36 And so the Jews were saying, "Behold how He loved him!" 37 But some of them said, "Could not this man, who opened the eyes of him who was blind, have kept this man also from dying?" 
NASB

This is my favorite section of scripture because I find it intriguing.   Jesus is about to raise someone he knows from the dead and yet he wept just before doing so.....   I have to ask myself why would he do that...     I am just fascinated by the things that our Lord did.   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 12/23/2019 at 8:23 AM, Kenzie said:

My favourite verse is whatever one the Holy Spirit quickens to me. I like the way this happens when I read material on this site and an appropriate verse of Scripture is soon forthcoming to provide edification.

Christmas Dinner in 20 minutes. :6: 

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

On 12/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, Kenzie said:

Mine Is John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

I Find in life there are times when we get distracted by the things of this world, and doing our own will and desires, and I remind myself to "Abide in the vine". All Of Chapter 15 should be read to fully grasp what Abiding in the vine entails, especially verse 2, Because once you start producing fruit he will begin to prune your branch, and when you understand this it helps smooth out those hardships, because they are God getting you to produce more fruit. 

• Loved it! 1