• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Thanksgiving? Oh No! You don't celebrate those pilgrims mixing it up with the locals do you? That's an American pagan feast! Giving thanks to the gods of the harvest, blah blah ....

You make it read like you are a cheapskate what with no car giving.

I have celebrated Christmas on a $35 total budget, had to wait for my "giant $35" Christmas work bonus to do that. Christmas is not giving  of things so much. It is the sharing of our joy one with another. That  sharing does manifest in gift exchanging and serving dinners and lots of little celebrations just getting together  at a time of joy.

My family and more so my wife's family are the locals.....   and if it wasn't for us you guys would have starved to death the first two winters you were here...  Some of my wife's extended family does not celebrate,   they think we would all be better off if we let you starve...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

56 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

May be better off celebrating Hannukah.

Enjoy. As for me I will commemorate the sacrifice made by Jesus in His manifestation in the flesh that he may fulfill prophecy and become my redeemer.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, other one said:

they think we should have let you starve

Not very Christian like is it?

Fortunately the local Wampanoags were more hospitable.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I recently found out that Christmas is a pagan holiday with Jesus thrown in the mix. 

Christmas was originally Yule which is of Germanic origin. Alot of xmas traditions stem from Yule. 

Heres an example: 

To Honour and Protect: The Yule Log

The custom of burning the Yule Log began with the ancient Scandinavians who burned a huge log, felled from and Ash tree, to honour their god Thor. In the Celtic tradition, a continual hearth fire was kept to prevent spirits from entering the home. In order for the fire to keep burning, a large Oak tree was felled and brought into the home where the tree was placed trunk first into the hearth, with the last remnants set aside to burn with next year’s fire. It was also believed that the longer the Yule log burned, the faster the sun would come to warm the earth.

Other Yule Traditions and Symbols

Candles were another way to have an eternal flame within the home. They symbolized the light and warmth of the sun and were used to chase away evils and lure back the returning sun/son" 

I remember bedore2 I was saved I practice occult like stuff and I knew it opened doors I had to close and Im wondering now with the info provided above, Though done in ignorance, burning a log that by practice gives omage to another, false God..will it hinder your walk with God? 

Or is it one of those. Roman 14:23

things where if youre a mature Christian and it doesnt cause you to stumble its ok? 

What do you think?

Christmas is not a pagan holiday. It is the celebration of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Christmas is not a pagan holiday. It is the celebration of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Alot of traditions such as putting up a tree, carroling and many others have root in Yule. 

I will celebrate Jesus birth but no tree or any yule traditions.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Even the word "Christmas" is an affront to the Lord!  It is the mixing together of our wonderful Lord, with the blasphemy of the RC Mass!

If the Lord had wanted us to celebrate the 25th of Dec., as the birth of his Son, then why did he not tell us that, and how to do it?  In fact, why did he not tell us his Son's birthday at all? Why is all the symbolism rooted in paganism?  Why is it on the 25th of Dec. at all (hint: it's the date of a pagan festival)?  Why did many of the early Reformers and Puritans have nothing to do with it?

In short, there is precisely zero scriptural reason for "celebrating" this pagan festival, which is NOTHING TO DO WITH the Lord Jesus Christ, or his birthday.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Even the word "Christmas" is an affront to the Lord!  It is the mixing together of our wonderful Lord, with the blasphemy of the RC Mass!

If the Lord had wanted us to celebrate the 25th of Dec., as the birth of his Son, then why did he not tell us that, and how to do it?  In fact, why did he not tell us his Son's birthday at all? Why is all the symbolism rooted in paganism?  Why is it on the 25th of Dec. at all (hint: it's the date of a pagan festival)?  Why did many of the early Reformers and Puritans have nothing to do with it?

In short, there is precisely zero scriptural reason for "celebrating" this pagan festival, which is NOTHING TO DO WITH the Lord Jesus Christ, or his birthday.

Suit yourself. I do not support your theology.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

NOT GENERALLY..ITS BLOCKED BY THE SPIRIT OF GIVING,,,,,NOW IF YOU TAKE AND STEAL GIFTS MEANT FOR OTHERS,ESPECIALLY THE POOR,,, THEN ALL THE DOORS ARE OPENED,,,AND SATAN WILL PUT A PETITION ..TO CHRIST,JESUS.. TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOU....AND MORE,,,AND IT MAY BE GRANTED,..THE GENERAL NEWS IS TO CELEBRATE ANOTHER YEAR GOD  THRU JESUS HAS GIVEN YOU....AND TO ASK AND PRAY FOR A BETTER ONE OF UNDERSTANDING CHRIST IN THE NEW YEAR AHEAD..

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

(Sigh) 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself. I do not support your theology.

I hope you are not going to say that to the Lord, when you stand before him and he tells you to justify your celebration of a pagan festival, knowing that it is not sanctioned in the Bible.