• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

16 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Looking at all the post and threads on here about "Christmas being pagan and should we talk about Santa."  Makes me miss the old days when Christmas was just Christmas.  Everybody I knew from non-Christian to Christian to even the pastor of the church, celebrated Christmas without issue.  Lights, trees,  even in the church. With of course a Nativity scene and a children's Christmas play. Now it seems we have people who act like we were all worshiping satan.  Trying to make us feel like we are less then holy and forsaking God to follow the ways of the world if we put up a tree or sing Jiggle Bells. That we are all heading to hell because of it.  Back in my day. We would have never thought of such a thing. In fact it was just the opposite. If you didn't partake in Christmas you were not being a Christian and not celebrating Jesus.   I wish Christmas could just be Christmas again. Instead of being an opportunity to show how righteousness we are by using it it pass judgment on fellow Christians. I wish it could just be a fun holiday with time spent with friends and families. Now everything is an issue. 

Well thank you for allowing me to share my personal thoughts with you all. Merry Christmas! 

I totally agree.   I remember as a child going to church, being in a play about the birth of Jesus, singing in the children's choir.   Also, I remember going caroling with the children's church choir.   At home we had a big Christmas tree and enjoyed the cheerfulness of the lights and ornaments.  Our Jewish neighbor would make Christmas cookies and give us a plate every year.   We would reach out to family and friends with Christmas cards.

Now I am a senior citizen....I still enjoy the cheerfulness of Christmas.   I only have a two foot tree and some decorations on the counter, plus a wreath on the apartment door.   But to me, this is some cheerfulness for my elderly mom and myself.   I don't think the Lord begrudges us this bit of happiness for us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

No nativity scenes on any government buildings or property.

Hi, did want to mention this.   Each year at Olvera Street where L.A. was founded, there is a life sized nativity scene including camels and sheep.   It is in a State Historic Park.   I'm always glad to see they allow the nativity scene.   Also, there is a large, permanent cross at Olvera Street.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

I will let you have this thread, without my input, all cheer!

Is that your Christmas gift to me. LOL!  ?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Christmas to me is both a celebration of the world when people put down their weapons and celebrate with their families and receive and give gifts, and a celebration of the King of kings as the true gift Giver. I have no problem either putting down my "weapons" or honoring the King. If anyone gets a BB gun, "Don't shoot your eye out."

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1