IGNORED

Are the 10 Commandments called "the moral law"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

@Resurrection Priest  Sorry, ...but I don't "receive" any of what you have said...

I have studied the Word, Geneses to Revelation at least 5 times with pastors anointed by the Holy Spirit, I have listened to thousands of hours of expositional Bible Study anointed by the Holy Spirit, ...I have read commentaries by Holy Spirit anointed men of God, and all have "spoken" to me and I "received" what they have been taught by the Holy Spirit, ...I'm NOT bragging or saying I'm some "spiritual" giant, ...why I'm saying this is I have never heard anyone teach what you are saying, ...in fact in 34 years of walking with the Lord, you are the "only" one that I have heard it from, ...I don't believe in "new" revelations for the Church, ...the Bible I hold in my hands is written by God and it has survived for millenniums and doesn't need to be added too...

Lord bless

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

@Resurrection Priest  Sorry, ...but I don't "receive" any of what you have said...

I have studied the Word, Geneses to Revelation at least 5 times with pastors anointed by the Holy Spirit, I have listened to thousands of hours of expositional Bible Study anointed by the Holy Spirit, ...I have read commentaries by Holy Spirit anointed men of God, and all have "spoken" to me and I "received" what they have been taught by the Holy Spirit, ...I'm NOT bragging or saying I'm some "spiritual" giant, ...why I'm saying this is I have never heard anyone teach what you are saying, ...in fact in 34 years of walking with the Lord, you are the "only" one that I have heard it from, ...I don't believe in "new" revelations for the Church, ...the Bible I hold in my hands is written by God and it has survived for millenniums and doesn't need to be added too...

Lord bless

I respect your statement @JustPassingThru. 

Everyone here is free to express views.  I am assuming such posted views were studied out over years, with much prayer.  We are all searching and seeking to grow - are we not?  We post Scripture passages which we believe support our views.  Why a forum to share and compare and discuss different views, if everyone holds one view?  Rather just maintain a teaching forum, and shut out any who hold differing views.  Perhaps that is what this forum is, and I didn't understand that. 

I would just say the majority is not always right - about everything.  If that were the case, we could simply ascertain the majority view, and know that is the correct view.  For 1200 years, the Catholic Church maintained a stranglehold on the Christian church.  It's view was the majority view, for that time.  Was it correct - about everything? 

• Well Said! 1

On 1/10/2020 at 8:07 AM, Billiards Ball said:

I didn't say Paul rested on Sunday, I said the NT is clear that money was collected in early church meetings, and that the church meeting on a Saturday could get a Jew killed.

NT Jews did NOT handle money on Sabbath, but they did EARLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK when the churches met. EARLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK is Saturday NIGHT. They didn't need to meet SUNDAY MORNING.

In love, let's discuss anything you want as long you draw off what I actually write!

Should I always quote the entire post, every time?   Sorry.  Was trying to address a particular point. 

Wasn't there a Havdalah service held the evening of Sabbath, to bid farewell to the Sabbath?  That often continued on into the "first day of the week" after the sun set.  Paul was preaching at such a service, and went very long, and the young man Eutychus fell out of the window (Acts 20:9).  Paul and the gathering prayed, and Eutychus was restored to life.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:09 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Do you have a NT or OT command where GENTILES need to rest on HIS DAY? If you did, I don't think you'd have mentioned the ark of Revelation.

I am often puzzled, why Christians seem to reject the 7th Day Rest so.  It's just a rest.  What's bad about it? 

Friend of mine says she loves the Sabbath.  God has given her the right to rest one day of the week.  She's a realtor and goes 90 miles an hour the other six days. 

I don't see the same rejection of the other 9 commandments (except for the Catholics who want images). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

1 hour ago, Resurrection Priest said:

Wasn't there a Havdalah service held the evening of Sabbath, to bid farewell to the Sabbath?  That often continued on into the "first day of the week" after the sun set. 

Little fact for you my friend. 

Although most english Bible translations have "first day of the week" in Acts 20:7, in the original Greek it says "Sabatton".  You can easily check this online with seconds. 

Even the mighty KJV erroneously says "first day of the week"!  

Interesting amendment... 

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Should I always quote the entire post, every time?   Sorry.  Was trying to address a particular point. 

Wasn't there a Havdalah service held the evening of Sabbath, to bid farewell to the Sabbath?  That often continued on into the "first day of the week" after the sun set.  Paul was preaching at such a service, and went very long, and the young man Eutychus fell out of the window (Acts 20:9).  Paul and the gathering prayed, and Eutychus was restored to life.

The word said Paul was talking a lot and Eutychus fell asleep, not "it was the same weekly service, the one where the guy always falls asleep and falls to his death". AND the Jewish Christians would not be able to always name Yeshua in the wider non-saved congregation!

Think about it, when they started to separate, because the master said put down the sword, around 100-120 CE, there was NO WAY the Christian Jews were "just in synagogue late on Saturdays".

14 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Little fact for you my friend. 

Although most english Bible translations have "first day of the week" in Acts 20:7, in the original Greek it says "Sabatton".  You can easily check this online with seconds. 

Even the mighty KJV erroneously says "first day of the week"!  

Interesting amendment... 

Love & Shalom 

The "first day of the week" is when they HANDLED THE COLLECTION OF MONEY, which did NOT happen until Saturday night, it IS the first day of the week, Saturday night to Sunday.

I am often puzzled, why Christians seem to reject the 7th Day Rest so.  It's just a rest.  What's bad about it? 

Friend of mine says she loves the Sabbath.  God has given her the right to rest one day of the week.  She's a realtor and goes 90 miles an hour the other six days. 

I don't see the same rejection of the other 9 commandments (except for the Catholics who want images). 

I'm a Jew, I reject any law-keeping that deceives a Gentile or Jewish Christian into thinking they're magically closer to God for doing so.

The Sabbath principle is great, take a rest. Telling believers they're sinning because they meet on Sunday, not so much.

• Brilliant! 1

Just now, Billiards Ball said:

The "first day of the week" is when they HANDLED THE COLLECTION OF MONEY, which did NOT happen until Saturday night, it IS the first day of the week, Saturday night to Sunday.

Dunno what to tell you man, Acts 20:7 says Sabbath in the Greek.  Fact. 

Don't argue with me, argue with the Apostle Luke :)

1 minute ago, Billiards Ball said:

Telling believers they're sinning because they meet on Sunday, not so much.

I agree, that is wrong. 

As is telling believers who meet on Sabbath that they are "under the law" or "fallen from grace".  

I'm not saying you say that, but many do. 

• Thumbs Up 1