IGNORED

Are the 10 Commandments called "the moral law"?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

I'm a Jew, I reject any law-keeping that deceives a Gentile or Jewish Christian into thinking they're magically closer to God for doing so.

The Sabbath principle is great, take a rest. Telling believers they're sinning because they meet on Sunday, not so much.

I have NEVER told any believers "they're sinning because they meet on Sunday".  NEVER!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Dunno what to tell you man, Acts 20:7 says Sabbath in the Greek.  Fact. 

Don't argue with me, argue with the Apostle Luke :)

Jews would not handle money on Shabbos until after sundown. You would then say, "On Shabbos, we met with Paul and gave him money," and I would understand it was Saturday night. And because the Bible translators know that Jews did not handle money on Shabbos, they made an acceptable translation, early on the first day of the week. It's not a conspiracy to tell us they met in the early church on Saturday night in homes, to get us to meet in buildings on Sunday!

1 hour ago, Resurrection Priest said:

I have NEVER told any believers "they're sinning because they meet on Sunday".  NEVER!

I didn't say you did, but I can qualify my statement.

It's not magic to meet on Saturday instead of Sunday.

No one "grows extra" because they rest on Saturday and not Tuesday.

No one "sins less" because they rest on Saturday rather than do some work for some or all of the day, etc.

If you can tell me how we "grow more" resting on Saturday, I will tell you I believe in the Sabbath principle (get some rest, don't burn out, spend extra time with the Lord) but that nothing magical happens when my calendar moves, and that the Lord Jesus Christ did not command Xian believers to meet on Saturday. IF HE HAD, a lot of Jews would have been "outed" as Jewish Christians and DIED in the first centuries after Christ! These Jews could go to SYNAGOGUE on Saturday then meet Saturday night or Sunday morning or Wednesday afternoon or Tuesday in homes to enjoy Christianity.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I agree, that is wrong. 

As is telling believers who meet on Sabbath that they are "under the law" or "fallen from grace".  

I'm not saying you say that, but many do. 

“Believers who meet on Sabbath” are neither “here nor there”  until they  say , “ Jesus Saves.....BUT you also gotta observe the Sabbath to STAY saved.” That would be crossing the line into Legalism.Its Jesus Plus Nothing That Saves and Keeps One Saved ......Add to that and you are a Modern Day Judaizer.No different from  those in Paul’s Day that insisted on Circumcision for Salvation.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

Jews would not handle money on Shabbos until after sundown. You would then say, "On Shabbos, we met with Paul and gave him money," and I would understand it was Saturday night.

I know what you're saying.  

I think you and I know we can go on for hours round and round on this topic. It's just one of those differences that we should learn to overcome peacefully, for His Glory. 

Love & Shalom 

10 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I know what you're saying.  

I think you and I know we can go on for hours round and round on this topic. It's just one of those differences that we should learn to overcome peacefully, for His Glory. 

Love & Shalom 

I agree we should find unity, although I don't have more to share, to go round for "hours".

You want to keep any of the 613 laws, not unto salvation, that's a preference.

Keep a law unto salvation? Legalism, and heresy.

Marry your brother's wife or wear cotton only if you like. As a Jew, I reject the concept that I can do things for myself that Messiah already did for me.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

No one "grows extra" because they rest on Saturday and not Tuesday.

No one "sins less" because they rest on Saturday rather than do some work for some or all of the day, etc.

If you can tell me how we "grow more" resting on Saturday, I will tell you I believe in the Sabbath principle (get some rest, don't burn out, spend extra time with the Lord) but that nothing magical happens when my calendar moves,

Wow. It's sad you see the Sabbath this way. 

No, it is not magical. You won't "grow extra" or be special.  But so what? 

What, shall we only obey God if it's beneficial for us or we get something out of it? 

Personally, I don't expect anything from the Sabbath but rather to give an offering, of free will, in obedience.  Because I don't HAVE to, but I CHOOSE to.  Another way to thank him in my actions - not to be special or loved more, but to love Him more - free to serve willingly, rather than fear of punishment. 

If Yahweh decides to bless me on a Sabbath and you on a Tuesday, what difference does it make? You have yours and I have mine, we both have Him and He has both us!

So let's not give each other a hard time about how each of us are being led differently, according to His will and our understanding. 

Love & Shalom 

2 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Wow. It's sad you see the Sabbath this way. 

No, it is not magical. You won't "grow extra" or be special.  But so what? 

What, shall we only obey God if it's beneficial for us or we get something out of it? 

Personally, I don't expect anything from the Sabbath but rather to give an offering, of free will, in obedience.  Because I don't HAVE to, but I CHOOSE to.  Another way to thank him in my actions - not to be special or loved more, but to love Him more - free to serve willingly, rather than fear of punishment. 

If Yahweh decides to bless me on a Sabbath and you on a Tuesday, what difference does it make? You have yours and I have mine, we both have Him and He has both us!

So let's not give each other a hard time about how each of us are being led differently, according to His will and our understanding. 

Love & Shalom 

You are being led differently, yes, according to your understanding.

There are some believers who are not as loving as you, who instead push the Sabbath as only Saturday and as a command principle and not a free will offering.

To be frank, I meet people who give God a Sabbath voluntarily or eat kosher voluntarily but I think the main offering from us now is evangelism and discipleship, not just personal holiness.

Thanks for understanding.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“Believers who meet on Sabbath” are neither “here nor there”  until they  say , “ Jesus Saves.....BUT you also gotta observe the Sabbath to STAY saved.” That would be crossing the line into Legalism.Its Jesus Plus Nothing That Saves and Keeps One Saved ......Add to that and you are a Modern Day Judaizer.No different from  those in Paul’s Day that insisted on Circumcision for Salvation.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.

Does that mean I can knowingly steal, lie, and commit adultery too, without confessing my sin to Him and repentance - and stay saved?  How 'bout idols, or taking God's name in vain, or even worshiping other gods?  I don't think so.   So why the carve out - just for the 4th commandment?  Why call just THAT ONE "Jewish"? 

Real faith always results in good actions - actions that demonstrate love for others, and respect for God. 

I rest on the Sabbath BECAUSE the LORD has commanded that we do so.   It is a sign of respect for HIM, to rest on the day that HE has identified as the reminder that HE is our Creator. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

A saved person could do all of the things you mentioned and much more, just like any other person .God won’t take freedom away from Fools. God chastises all Fools That are His Children. Disobedient and Foolish Christians are still Saved Christians—- It’s what one BELIEVES That Saves them —NOT how they behave.Grace covers all the sins of  a Christian.Many Carnal Christians will make their entrance into Heaven with many welts on their rear- ends! It’s our choice.

If one  sincerely wants to exhibit a “ sign of respect” for God — do what He really wants— Make every day your “ Sabbath” by “Sabbathing” or RESTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Well Said! 1