IGNORED

Are the 10 Commandments called "the moral law"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:20 AM, Resurrection Priest said:

In the modern era, what about Charles Templeton?

What about John Wesley?

He preached in England and then came to America as an Evangelist twice, if I remember correctly, ...all before he was born again!

Truthfully, ...truthfully, ...the only person we must be concerned about as to their "spiritual" state is, ...ourselves, ...we must make "certain" we are truly "born again."

Myself, I had many "ministries" in my first church, ...and it was a "Wesleyan" church, ...before I was born again.

Please don't take offense, ...but dear one, ...I have read how you were "baptized" many times, but, .........I don't read about your "crisis" moment in Eternity that resulted in being "born again."

Following the Holy Spirit's teaching of "how" we are born again:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Pet 1:23

He uses this verse to explain the act of "spiritual" conception, the "seed" is the Holy Spirit and the "ovum" is the Word of God, ...every "born again" child of God knows what "verse" was the "ovum"  used by the Holy Spirit in their second, "spiritual" birth, ...just like we know who our father and mother are and we know "when" it occurred, ...just as certain as we "know" the day of our physical birth.  

Peter gives us the verse used as his "ovum" verse, Isiah 40:6-8, ...please, if you don't remember the verse, I didn't either when I first heard this verse expounded, ...ask the Holy Spirit and He will bring it to your remembrance, ...it just so happens my "ovum" verse is the same as Peter's and Luke 5:8 could be a possible "hint" as to when it occurred. 1 Cor 12:3 

Lord bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Please don't take offense, ...but dear one, ...I have read how you were "baptized" many times, but, .........I don't read about your "crisis" moment in Eternity that resulted in being "born again."

I did say I had a supernatural experience.  That experience told me without a shred of doubt that God exists, and that He loves me personally.  After that, I was 100% onboard!  I began to study my Bible.  I was sooooo hungry to know "Him".  Old sins began to fall away.  My husband was NOT onboard.  He didn't know HOW I could become "a Jesus freak".  It was several years later, that he was finally baptized.  I asked him what was the thing that caused him to believe that God exists.  He didn't even hesitate.  "The change in you."  See.  I was not a nice person, before Jesus.  I always rejected people, before they could reject me.  God changed me, and my husband saw that.  He has never looked back, and neither have I.  We recently celebrated 40 years together. 

• Praise God! 3

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Please, take the time to meditate on this and ask the Holy Spirit if you are trying to build another foundation, ...I'm not "accusing" or "attacking" you, ...but in brotherly love I want you to be blessed at the Bema Seat of Christ with many rewards for your work here on this planet.

Thank you Brother in Christ. 

I want you to know that I have prayed, and meditated, and sought earnestly for HIS truth.  Since 1980 now.  I have not just passively swallowed everything I've heard taught from a pulpit.  I believe there are only a few things one must believe to be "saved" or given eternal life.  I call those "salvational truths". 

People can be "born again" and still have differing opinions on the interpretation of Bible passages. 

Of course one must believe that GOD is - that GOD exists - that there is a GOD who created all things. 

One must believe the Bible is GOD inspired, and is profitable for our instruction in the things of GOD. 

One must be "born again" of the Spirit.  This "birth" - connection with GOD, will cause one to love GOD and to love one's fellow human beings.

What else would you include as "salvational" essential beliefs?

On 1/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, JustPassingThru said:

If in the nano second the whosoevers would become only those that God has "predestined,"...then that is a contradiction to Eph 1:1-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved. 

The Holy Spirit tells us we were "blessed" and "chosen," before the/that nano second when God created the foundation of the world, ...when we "existed" already in His Mind.

I've no problem with what you said.  So long as the "called" and "chosen" and "predestined" includes the whole "world".  

Every human being is "called" and "chosen" and "predestined" unto adoption.  It's just that we have the right of refusal.  We can resist.  It's called FREE WILL

Acts 7:51 "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you."

Not every human being will be raised "to everlasting life".  Some will be "lost".  Because they resisted His Spirit, resisted the Father's drawing, resisted His love. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Since we are spirit and have a soul and both are living inside of a "physical" body, ...what died in Adam the "day" he rebelled, ...it wasn't his body, ...he lived 930 years Gen 5:5.

It wasn't his soul because he was "embarrassed" because he was naked Gen 3:10-11

The only thing left is his spirit and since we all inherit the likeness and image of Adam Gen 5;3, ...we are born, ...humans in his "likeness" and "image" with our spirit "dead" to God.

That means when we are "born again" our spirit is "regenerated" so that we can "communicate" with God, the Word tells us we are a, ..new creation in Christ 2 Cor 5:17, ...a "new"  man and Scripture also tells us we are two persons living in the same body, the "old" carnal nature inherited from Adam and the "new" spiritual natural given/conceived to/in us by the Holy Spirit 1 Pet 1:23

Are you following?

Think I understand what you're saying.  Just do not understand our nature that way. 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 1/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, missmuffet said:

Yes

Edit: Memory problem...

Are you saying yes, the 10 Commandments are called "the moral law"? If so, where are they called "the moral law"?

Edited by plo1988

15 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

It was several years later, that he was finally baptized.

That's fantastic what happened in your lives,  ...but would you please explain to me what you and your husband believe "baptism" is and how it relates to a child of God?

Lord bless

I believe there are only a few things one must believe to be "saved" or given eternal life.  I call those "salvational truths". 

Yes, ...the "moment" when we are "born again" the "only" Truth we know is Jesus is God, He died on the Cross for our sin, He rose again the third day and we are sinners destined for Hell and Jesus is our savior and we need to ask Him for Salvation, 

People can be "born again" and still have differing opinions on the interpretation of Bible passages. 

Absolutely correct, ...it all depends on whether they are attending a church with a pastor Jesus has called and anointed, ...or a church where the world has "ordained" a man.

What else would you include as "salvational" essential beliefs?

I agree with what you have stated, ...but please remember, as a new born babe of Christ, ...we didn't "learn" these "Truths" on our own, we didn't know how to "understand" spiritual Truths and principles anymore then, ...than being able to read and understand a book when we were born physically, ...these Truths we "planted" in our heart so that we "could" be born again Matt 13:3, ...without them being "revealed" to us by the Holy Spirit there would of never been a new "creation" in Christ born spiritually.

We read in the Genesis account of God creating man He used the physical elements to fashion and mold his body, this word in the Hebrew is yâtsar and it means to make, fashion, create from existing materials; Gen 2:7.

However in Gen 1:27 when God said let's "create" man in "our" image, the word in the Hebrew text is bârâ', which means to create from nothing, ex niliho, so since the body was already "formed" before God gave him Life by breathing into his nostrils, ...so it is when we become a "new creation in Christ," just as Adam's body was lifeless before God "created" bârâ', his soul and spirit, ...it's the same when we are born again, ...that's the "mistake" so many make, they try to use the "things" of the old man before "regeneration" to "create," yâtsar, their "new" bârâ' created life in Christ.

Lord bless

16 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

I've no problem with what you said.  So long as the "called" and "chosen" and "predestined" includes the whole "world".  

That's what God said:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Every human being is "called" and "chosen" and "predestined" unto adoption.  It's just that we have the right of refusal.  We can resist.  It's called FREE WILL

Think about what you have said, ...if "every" human ever born from Cain to the very last one were "chosen" and "predestined" to come to Jesus for salvation and then some don't, ...is that not eliminating God's foreknowledge, ...isn't that saying God "chose" and "predestined" this person, but He didn't "know" they would refuse Him?

Does that not "contradict" the meaning of "predestined," ...an outcome determined in advance by God's Divine Will?

Dose not God's Word refute this by telling us:

For many are called, but few chosen.  Matt 22:14

Does not the Word of God tell us we are born "slaves to sin"  Rom 6:17 and the "only" free will we have is to "chose" which sin we want to delight ourselves in?

The Holy Spirit "overrides" this at our own personal "crisis" moment when we are given the "free will" to chose or reject Jesus and His Salvation, ...does not the Word of God confirm this:

...as it is written "There is none righteous, no not one; there is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God."  Rom 3:10-11, ...Psa_14:1-3; Psa_5:9; Psa_140:3; Psa_10:7 and Psa_36:1, Isa_59:7-8 

Think I understand what you're saying.  Just do not understand our nature that way. 

Then please explain how you "understand" our nature as written in the Word...

Lord bless

4 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Absolutely correct, ...it all depends on whether they are attending a church with a pastor Jesus has called and anointed, ...or a church where the world has "ordained" a man.

It all depends upon whether they are reading and studying the Bible, and are lead of God's Spirit.  It doesn't depend on "a man".  Bibles were dropped into North Korea and China.  People there read and studied.  They were lead of God's Spirit.  They believed.