Question about God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Were was time matter and energy before God made time energy and matter?And if God created time.That's means before time began all time was at 0.And when God made time it went to 1 second.So what was going on before God made time?When it was at 0 seconds?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Nobody but God Himself can answer that question.  All anyone can do is guess.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Frank Goad said:

Were was time matter and energy before God made time energy and matter?And if God created time.That's means before time began all time was at 0.And when God made time it went to 1 second.So what was going on before God made time?When it was at 0 seconds?

Seems to me time exists without having to be created. People talk about going backward or forward into time, but it seems to me that is impossible. And then they talk about "alternate" universes, but I would have to question whether or not that is possible, either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Frank Goad said:

I don't know and it really doesn't matter. You have been thinking too much. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Our understanding of time is limited due to us being men. Time is actually a very complicated thing that we don't fully understand. How we understand and comprehend time might not be (and if you ask me, is most likely not) the same as how God understands or comprehends it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/24/2019 at 10:41 AM, Frank Goad said:

Time boiled down t its root definition is progression. The animation of all things in the universe, without which all things would be frozen in place.

Before God created anything to exist (other than God's own eternal existence*, of course) this progression was not necessary.

* existence without beginning or end

My feeble minded attempt to get my head around the totality that is God is best described IMHO

by the example of God's creative footprint on the universe itself:

3 spatial dimensions which are everywhere at the same time all the time...

from the macroscopic to the microscopic...

the absence of any one of which would make existence impossible.

What we think of time is rather humanity's feeble minded attempt to measure the progression mentioned above.

Time dilates stretches, shortens, and is actually different from each an  every perspective (typically too minute to be noticed).

I love sci fi stories of examples of this like the way Supergirl could leave Krypton (age 12) at the same time her infant cousin and arrive on Earth

still age 12, but her infant cousin (now grown) arrived decades earlier.

If we were any closer to the sun time would slow down. Gravity wells affect time.  

A sunburst takes 8 minutes (to us) to get here. From the sun's perspective, it takes much longer.

You asked what happened before what we think of as time began.

Perfect, all knowing God was all that existed. Talk about Paradise. All love, all peace, all the... time. {SMILE}

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Within all that we are and have began in is not necessary to God's eternal existence... that which begins demands in it's own reality confines. God has simply stated to us that if we were brought into His fulness of presence of Being we would simply perish! The humility - as soon as you have God corralled in your mind that is not God!

Job 9:10

10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
KJV

Rom 11:33

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/25/2019 at 2:41 AM, Frank Goad said:

Were was time matter and energy before God made time energy and matter?

Before God makes things, they don't exist (except in His mind).

And if God created time.That's means before time began all time was at 0

It actually means time didn't exist before God made it. That's a difficult (likely impossible) reality for us to comprehend because our whole experience is finite and time-bound. Even our language is inadequate to describe such a reality (e.g. there is no such thing as “before” until time actually comes into existence – so speaking about what existed 'before time' is technically misnomeric (though we know what we mean). It is more accurate to speak if reality without time, or apart from time).

God exists in an eternal (and therefore infinite/timeless) reality that supersedes the created time and space reality that governs our lived experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Time has a start and an end.

Before anything was created there was no "start". Once anything is created it will eventually have an "end"

God did not create time, time was a result of something being created. Once something is created, it has a beginning and an end, it has a time in which it will exist.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The space time construct is one of the little things I am looking forward to fully understanding some day.

But I believe it is a ‘construct’ and a ‘context’ in which His creation as fine tuned can exist.

Perhaps—and that is a big perhaps, I look forward to knowing how ‘mind’ fits into this construct.

I am equally interested to understand just how He “holds all things together”, but I believe that this aspect of the Creation is an actual mechanical reality and the ‘hints’ are within our observance of quantum mechanics and particle spin in particular.

I think the current universe is an actual thing within and outside of more.