Question about God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

A truly interesting metaphysical inquiry!  As many have indicated, a comprehensive answer to this question cannot be rendered.  In our present state of perception we simply do not have the ability to "see" with the degree of accuracy necessary.  I like the comments of Alive given recently regarding this aspect of creation being hinted at by our investigations within the discipline of quantum mechanics.  I believe if taken to their logical ends all disciplines of inquiry into our universe will ultimately coalesce into a cohesive vision of truth; into the embodiment of the beatific vision.  I hope.  So, pray deeply that you may merge with the mystery.  It is our birthright.  It is our destiny as children of God.  We exist in the eternal love of a beneficent Lord who wants us not only to have the answers, but also to live eternally in His awesome grace. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

44 minutes ago, francesco said:

A truly interesting metaphysical inquiry!  As many have indicated, a comprehensive answer to this question cannot be rendered.  In our present state of perception we simply do not have the ability to "see" with the degree of accuracy necessary.  I like the comments of Alive given recently regarding this aspect of creation being hinted at by our investigations within the discipline of quantum mechanics.  I believe if taken to their logical ends all disciplines of inquiry into our universe will ultimately coalesce into a cohesive vision of truth; into the embodiment of the beatific vision.  I hope.  So, pray deeply that you may merge with the mystery.  It is our birthright.  It is our destiny as children of God.  We exist in the eternal love of a beneficent Lord who wants us not only to have the answers, but also to live eternally in His awesome grace. 

And this brother is why I enjoy looking into what science observes, just as Paul taught us in Romans 1.

We see Him there. I find it very exciting.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, Frank Goad said:

Were was time matter and energy before God made time energy and matter?And if God created time.That's means before time began all time was at 0.And when God made time it went to 1 second.So what was going on before God made time?When it was at 0 seconds?

Shalom Frank Goad,

I see what you are saying.  

I think the problem stems with the fact that you have been born into the dimension of time.  You have no concept of life without time as it is an essential part of your understanding.  But that understanding is limited when dealing with the multiple dimensions of Elohim (God).

Consider this.  You can have some software on your PC which always exists but doesn't appear to until it is opened or run.  Once the software runs, then it enters the dimension of time - as it loads and operates.  But, when the software is closed it is no longer in the dimension of the time, but yet does it no longer exist? 

In the same way, Yahweh can exist out of our dimension of time and unaffected by the simulation that we are living in.  His world is one that isn't dictated by a sun and moon and doesn't age or decay because of free-radicals and the second law of thermodynamics.  

So what was happening at year 0, day 0 and hour 0?  The beginning of this Creation WE live in, with its dimensions, laws and limits.  But as for Yahweh's dimension, it wasn't the start for Him back then.  At least, it doesn't read that way in the Bible.  So it's useless trying to measure Him and His ways with our created and limited understanding.

I hope something in that bumbling helps!

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 12/24/2019 at 10:41 AM, Frank Goad said:

Were was time matter and energy before God made time energy and matter?And if God created time.That's means before time began all time was at 0.And when God made time it went to 1 second.So what was going on before God made time?When it was at 0 seconds?

God speaks of Himself as Spirit outside of any boundary … the infinite of God cannot be bound. However in this infinite God decided for His pleasure to create a beginning that would communicate His unbounded reality... and the ultimate of this was us in His image. Because all we have known is beginning we must through faith believe what God has said about Himself and accept such as reality for then we have honored God by belief in His Word and not require that which cannot be~ to be... time, space, matter continuum is understood by- when God made matter with space in between then time was a result as now distinction from point a to point b was a measure by distance and that distance time was set into momentum... imagine if you can and endless unbounded reality where only 'Being' resides- no matter, thus no space, thus no time and for this Being (Father, Son and Spirit) limits do not exist / you will undoubtedly, as all of us, say I cannot fathom such... God says that if He had brought us into such we would perish thus His coddling of us in begin shall continue in such without end... the magnificence of God cannot be measured nor end!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 12/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, Frank Goad said:

Our perspective on time is based on light. Timespace was created with light in it. God lived before this universe and made the universe and light.

God is Spirit, with great power, and made matter/energy. Praise Him!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

You cannot have time without Matter as we live in a time space continuum. Time can only begin when there is Matter, because of the relationship between the two. Light is also tied to this Continuum, so when one looks at the Genesis account, The creation is stunningly accurate with the Physics. God Created Ex Nihilo (Out of Nothing) the Material Universe and Time began. Let there be light Made that creation visible, which was concealed in darkness. Jesus is the Light of Life, The alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. This should make more sense once you understand this.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/25/2019 at 3:41 AM, Frank Goad said:

When reading my Bible I see that God is - and was - and is to come - Whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting - Forever and ever - The Ancient of Days - From before the ages of the ages - From ancient times - the everlasting God - He continues forever - From of old - Remains forever - Immortal - The Lord shall endure forever - Who lives forever - God’s years - manifest in His own time - Everlasting Father - Alive forevermore - Always lives - Forever - Continually - God’s years never end - From everlasting to everlasting - From that time forward, even forever - And of His kingdom there will be no end.

Many have been taught that time was created by God, and that it is not an aspect of His existence. Please consider though that time cannot be created. Why not? Because creation means going from non-existence to existence, which itself is a sequence, a before and after. And any before and after sequence requires time. Time therefore is a precondition of creating. Therefore time itself cannot be created.

These many phrases given above, from the Old and New Testaments, that show God existing in an unending duration of time, are of course translations from words in the original languages.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Question about God

On 12/24/2019 at 8:41 AM, Frank Goad said:

On 12/24/2019 at 10:34 AM, missmuffet said:

I don't know and it really doesn't matter. You have been thinking too much. 

Frank, MissMuffet has a really valid point here. It's all fine and good to dwell upon the wonder and splendor of God's glory, but sometimes our thoughts can become too lofty for our own good. 

Isaiah 55:8-13 KJV 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 12For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 13Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Philippians 4:8 KJV 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 12/24/2019 at 7:41 PM, Frank Goad said:

Where did you read that time was made separate from matter? Matter and time are inseparable. In fact all matter changes and time is the mark of this change. Change in the matter is perceived as time. If there were no change in all matter (which is impossible in principle) there would be no time. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"; "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night." There is no mentioning of creation of time separate from matter. No mentioning of what God had been doing before that because the Bible describes what concerns mankind. What does not concern us is not revealed. Moreover people do not have and will never have enough intelligence to understand all things especially concerning The Kingdom of God. Can your pet understand how technical things such as cell phones work? No. The distance between what God knows and does and what we human beings know and do is far greater than that. I think we have to put up with that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

Impossible to know.  Only G-d can answer what happened before time happened.