• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. (Romans 14: 1-4)

When it comes to meats drinks and days .

Not sin .

I am one who believes I may eat all things ,  yet to anyone who has a weak conscious ,  I simply eat as they eat .

I see all days alike ,  but some will hold some days above another .  I just celebrate and honor the LORD on whatever day period .

But sin is sin and disobeying JESUS is grave sin .

I think this post would be a wonderful and great idea to see WHO really follows WHO .    Enjoy it .     I, Lord willing will probably bring it some time in the coming week .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Alive said:

A great promise--but "oh that Ishmael might live".

Yes there is a falling away from the 'Truth'. A total reliance on Christ and the power of the New Creation. The total work of the cross. Not just a part of it.

Many simply don't understand, because lies have been and continue to be taught.

There is a lot of wresting of scriptures going on surrounding this topic.  We need to rightly divide.

I'm sure the scriptures below have already been pointed out sometime during some of these discussions....and they are clearly talking about those who are born again.  It doesn't mean that if we commit one sin or stumble a couple of times that we have fallen beyond restoration...because clearly scripture also talks about restoring those who fall into sin, however we are well-warned that the potential exists for someone to fall away to 'a point of no return':

2Pe 2:20-22

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Heb 12:15-17

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, johnthebaptist said:

For those of you who would argue that we don’t have to obey the Lord’s commandments, remember what Jesus said: “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15 RSV

2 Groups of people?

How about..........Lost or Saved?

How about ......those who are trying to keep themselves saved, vs those who are trusting only in Jesus to do it for them?

Maybe i repeat myself ???

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Alive said:

To move off of a footing of nothing but Grace and the Law of Life to works and the Law of Death.

I agree 200%  ....but you are misunderstanding what people are trying to say.  Just I beg of us all, let's not dismiss or deny or overlook or try to explain away (wrest) the scriptures that clearly warn and admonish us for our spiritual good.  There clearly CAN come a point when grace runs out on those who CONTINUE to sin WILFULLY.  But rightly divide what that means.  And God is the judge of every heart, and He decides who and what the case may be with each individual, and He decides who He will extend mercy to or for how long, etc............so then let us just fear Him, and appeal to Him as we need to, and repent of whatever we need to, and lean into Him for His grace and help to be willing & obedient, or to change us more into the image of Christ, etc, as we have need.  You know, as the scriptures say....run the race....fight the good fight of faith....and work out our salvation.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Dear sister, ...here's the problem with what you are saying, ...no one, ...not you, not me, not anyone can judge the condition of someone's heart, and no one can see or evaluate the spiritual condition in/of another person's life, ...GOD is the only ONE who can do that, ...I agree with you, ...and I've been fool/deceived thinking this person is "saved" and then some time later the go back to their old ways.

So beloved, those that you have seen, I have seen and probably many here at Worthy have seen also, that started to "walk" the Christian walk, ...and then turned away, fell away, left God, ...were never born again, ...Jesus Himself taught us that in the Parable of the Soils with the seed that fell on the stony places that fell away when tribulation came into their lives, why..., because He said they did not have any Root, ...then to corroborate Himself with having "two" wittiness for us to know the Truth, He taught us there will be many who will come to Him and say, "But, but Lord, we did this and we did that," ....what was/is His response, "Depart from Me I NEVER knew you!"

The "key" here being the word "NEVER," ...He did not say, "I knew you once, ...but now I don't!" I think you will agree these people were never born again.

Unfortunately this is very close to me and around me every where I go, many, multitudes, who tell me they are "born again" because of some ritual, or act they have performed, ...but God said:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:13

These people I'm talking about say they are born again because their parents are/were (blood), or, ...I have done this or I have done that (flesh), ...or I'm born again because my pastor/priest has dunked me in water or sprinkled water in my face when I was a baby (man), ...and NEVER say, ...by the Regeneration of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God 1 Pet 1:23 ...as the Word teaches us.

Lord bless

Sure brother, some who name the name of Christ are not born again......but the scriptures are talking to those who are.  They were written for us.  They are warnings for those who are born again and are in Christ.....so that we will not fall away.

"Away from me, I never knew you"....is speaking on the basis of God's foreknowledge that they would do their own thing with their spiritual gifts, rather than the will of God in their own life.  This is what goes on with many ministers....they get up on stage and wow the crowds with their spiritual gifts, meanwhile they are not following Jesus (doing God's will) in their own personal life.....they are accumulating wealth, they are divorcing, engaged in adultery, not giving to the poor, self-indulging in all kinds of entertainments, and just not living Christlike in general but doing their own will and going their own way rather than taking up their cross, denying themselves, and following Jesus.

• This is Worthy 1

56 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

I keep reading about how if anyone falls away from the faith and from doing God's Will, they are branded as never being saved in the first place ..

Yesterday on another "christian" forum, i was doing there, what i do here.

I was pointing out to spitting Legalists who are trying to keep themselves saved, who have dead faith, because they are no longer trusting in Christ to keep them saved.....  I was responding to..... about, i dont know, 5 or 10 of them, and one of them was ranting about "not falling away", or becoming "faith shipwrecked"...etc..... as this is your eternal doom if you do it, they explained with devout passion.

What i find remarkable about these people is that they are always so hot try to kick a Christian into Hell....... so excited to be trying to  do this on forums......Yet, if you ask them anything about Grace, or "justification by faith", or "the gift of Righteousness"..........if you ask them to EXPLAIN IT....they will stare at their laptop or phone, and become amazingly SILENT.   And that is because....>How can you explain, what you don't have, or don't understand?

I finally got tired of responding to them so i wrote them a question.  

"Explain how the Blood Atonement that saved you, keeps you saved".

And just like magic.....Im by myself there..............same as always.    They dont like that question.  They can't answer that question, yet they all know that they should be able to.......but they CAN'T.

See, RELIGIOUS People talk about obedience and law and commandments and the rest of their List that excludes CHRIST's BLOOD and God's GRACE, because they don't have any of THAT to talk about.

Listen, when you have been redeemed by the BLOOD and the CROSS, you talk about it.  YOU REMEMBER THAT DAY.....  You and ME, WE talk about our Savior, and THEY< talk about theirs.  (The List).

See how that Math works?    Its perfect math.   Its a final answer regarding them, every time.

So, i pointed out to this error-head that ............you have the "Gospel of Mark".

They are familiar with the title, and thats about it.    Because like most Heretics.   They only read Matthew, James, and Hebrews..  So, i explained to them that Mark was a believer who backslid for many many years.  And Before he did this, he was a part of Paul's program, and he ended up betraying both Paul as well as Christ.

Backsliding is betrayal of your faith., but it does not separate you from God's Grace.

SO< WE have the Gospel of Mark.   Its in the BIBLE.

He wrote it  AFTER HE CAME BACK, YEARS LATER..... = God still used Him to write it.

Thats how Salvation works.  Its not temporary.  It does not become obsolete and deleted if you mess up your discipleship.   

Perfection is not required for God to take you or keep you..  

What He requires is for  you to  "BELIEVE ON JESUS AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED" = AS SOON AS YOU DO......AND THAT MEANS FOREVER.

As they say in the south......"when yur took yur took"..    When God pays for you with the Blood of Jesus, you are BOUGHT......You're HIS......there is no getting away from being Born again.

YOUR SALVATION,    Will last for as long as God lives.  This is because its HIS.    Its a GIFT.  And its a Gift that has purchased for you with the Blood of Jesus.

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

23 minutes ago, Behold said:

2 Groups of people?

How about..........Lost or Saved?

How about ......those who are trying to keep themselves saved, vs those who are trusting only in Jesus to do it for them?

Maybe i repeat myself ???

How about those who have repented and those who haven't?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

14 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I agree 200%  ....but you are misunderstanding what people are trying to say.  Just I beg of us all, let's not dismiss or deny or overlook or try to explain away (wrest) the scriptures that clearly warn and admonish us for our spiritual good.  There clearly CAN come a point when grace runs out on those who CONTINUE to sin WILFULLY.  But rightly divide what that means.  And God is the judge of every heart, and He decides who and what the case may be with each individual, and He decides who He will extend mercy to or for how long, etc............so then let us just fear Him, and appeal to Him as we need to, and repent of whatever we need to, and lean into Him for His grace and help to be willing & obedient, or to change us more into the image of Christ, etc, as we have need.  You know, as the scriptures say....run the race....fight the good fight of faith....and work out our salvation.

I know exactly what people are trying to say. I have heard it all for a long time. There is nothing new--only more twisted ways of saying it.

Grace never runs out, but even that statement is erroneous. It is you who misunderstand, my friend. Folks have been indoctrinated with the lie that Jesus will lose one that the Father gives and makes eternal. People wrest from scripture what they don't mean in order to fit the lie.

Please consider what it means to be 'born from above'. Just, for the Lord's sake and yours---meditate on what I have written on the subject.

We who are born again have been relocated. Do you know from where to where? Do you grasp this?

• Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

How about those who have repented and those who haven't?

Answer this, and you'll have your answer.

How is it, that you can repent, and still go to Hell, but you can't be born again, and go to hell..

why is that?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, Behold said:

Answer this, and you'll have your answer.

How is it, that you can repent, and still go to Hell, but you can't be born again, and go to hell..

why is that?

I would argue with your premise - I think repenting is what keeps us out of hell.

• Oy Vey! 1