• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

26 minutes ago, Behold said:

So, if you are reading this and you are not born again, then you are under the Judgment of God and you are going to Hell if you die today.

15 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

What a nasty thing to say...

It's bold and admittedly pretty harsh. But, it is the truth. That's undeniable. Nasty it's not. I've heard numerous evangelical ministers preach this very thing. When my salvation was in question, I ran to the altar of God in repentance. The gospel can't be lovey dovey all the time. Some person who is adamant against the Lord will read this and take serious stock about their eternity. I'll just say this and opt out of the thread. Joel Osteen isn't exactly seeing multitudes saved as Billy Graham had. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, Coliseum said:

While it is true that the more knowledge we have been given of God, the more responsibility we must assume. But the angels never had the Gospel of Grace. They had no options, nor were any given. When they were cast out of Heaven with Satan, Hell was a place Jesus said was reserved for them. So I think men and angels are quite different in that respect. The Proverb, "A live dog is better than a dead lion," is applicable to men, but not to angels. 

Maybe....and yes, to whom much is given much is required.  It's just something I have wondered about.....and I have sometimes wondered about this scripture I will post below as well.  The human race had been tempted and deceived by fallen angels, but I don't think the angels that fell even have that excuse.   They had been in the heavenlies with God and fully knew what they were doing when they decided to rebel against God's will for them and go live in the flesh....it's like they just knowingly and deliberately chose to be reprobate.....choosing to worship self and enjoy the pleasures of the flesh and sin and went and had those women.  It's something I believe we all can take warning from.

It does seem that willful sin is not quite the same thing as sinning out of ignorance or against one's own wishes (where Paul said with the mind I serve the Lord) or struggling with a bondage.  If the person has full control over themselves and fully understands that something is wrong but keeps on deliberately choosing to do it anyway....well after a time there is no more sacrifice for that....the person has chosen their sin over Christ.  And maybe this is like Ananias and Saphira....the land was fully theirs to do with as they wished, nobody was compelling them....but they knowingly and deliberately lied to the Holy Spirit, I guess maybe in order to make themselves appear more charitable than they were being.....and the Lord slew them.  So we can take warning from that as well...and give the Lord His due fear and reverence.  We can be so thankful the Lord is merciful and longsuffering but at the same time He is not to be taken lightly and salvation is not to be taken for granted when it cost His Son so much.  God is not mocked.

Act 17:29-31

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at (overlooked); but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

13 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Thanks for taking the time to edify here, Heleadethme. The Hebrews 6 passage is often wrested or twisted to mean something it doesn't with regard to those who start following Christ in the same way the true believer does but then fall away. It's not that they have been so bad that God won't LET THEM BACK, won't RESTORE THEM, but rather it is because they have no desire to come back, have no intention of being restored, that they cannot be restored. Their own hardened heart prevents it happening. Instead they align with the very people that worked so hard to have Christ crucified, both determined to continue their unrighteous ways without His interference, as they see it. 

Amen...."Their own hardened heart prevents it happening."  Exactly!   And that's just what the scripture says in Hebrews 3....hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

They are choosing to disobey the gospel rather than obeying it....can't be doing both things at once, obeying the gospel and disobeying it willfully...that's just impossible.  Disobeying the gospel means you are not under it.  Trampling the blood of Christ underfoot, taking it for granted, treating it lightly instead of reverencing and appreciating His sacrifice and endeavouring to give the Lord His due.  We are not our own, but were bought with a price....and it costs us everything to follow Him.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Explain how God saves you.

He is able to protect us from the consequences of our sin.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Behold said:

I'm the righteousness of God in Christ, according to God, according to the New Testament.

What are you?

I am a person who tries not to sin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have a few questions to ask.

1. What does it mean to be 'In Christ' and is it a real thing?

In other words--is it just a phrase that describes that you believe in Christ or is it the reality that you are 'located' somewhere. "In Christ.

2. How did you get there? To this location. Describe to yourself and to folks here just how you traveled from one place to another. That is if you believe that you were.

3. Why is it important? What difference does it make, anyhow?

It seems a very vital thing to our Creator.

4. Is 'Salvation' simply a belief structure like say 'Hinduism'--or is it more? Why is it more? Why is it not sufficient to 'believe'?

The answer circles back to question #1.

Please believe me when I say that thinking deeply about these little questions will open up a whole new world and if you keep these things in mind when reading the entire bible, you will gain a great deal.

5. Final question: on the first passover night when the sons of Abraham 'by faith' placed the blood on their houses' door frames with the result being that the angel of death passed by---and they were saved from 'judgement'.

Was it possible for them to reverse that event? Was it possible for them to undo the work of that blood?

What does the 'house' represent? What does the blood represent?

Please keep one thing in mind in this wonderful lesson the Lord provided for us and that the early disciples studied when searching the scriptures to learn of Christ.

What one thing you ask? Well here it comes.

NOT ONE SON OF ABRAHAM LEFT THE HOUSE!!!!!

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Hebrews 4, 6, and 10.... along with Matthew 4-25,  along with James 2, are where all Devil led Heretics live and die.

So, let me help you.

If you can read, and im assuming you can, then if you notice that Paul is telling a group of HEBREWS....(notice the BOOK).......Its not addressed to the CHURCH.   Notice every other Letter that Paul writes, is addressing.....NOTICE THE BEGINNING....... THE INTRODUCTION.......This informs anyone who can read, to whom the address is given...

Now, notice the "letter to the HEBREWS"......This is not to the "church"....."its not to the BRETHREN" .....Its to the HEBREWS.......   Hebrews are unsaved JEWS.

This is why Paul is preaching to them the GOSPEL.   He is not teaching the church.  He is PREACHING the Gospel to a GROUP of unsaved Hebrews.   He is not teaching one, He is PREACHING to a GROUP....."them".... and he is not only preaching the Gospel, He is also warning these HEBREWS what will happen, if they willfully SIN....= reject the gospel, = reject their Messiah = reject CHRIST.

This is what is happening in those verses that you thing are written to born again Christians.  So, once you get that worked out, we can talk more about other things that you have also been taught that are error, and probably blasphemy against the Grace of God.

If you can grasp that Paul would not be preaching the Gospel to the BORN AGAIN.......then you can begin to realize why this letter is written to HEBREWS, and then you can begin to see what is actually happening in HEBREWS 4, 6, and 10.

Where on earth did that notion come from....CLEARLY he is writing to those who have already been evangelized, though there may have been some unsaved among them who were still in the valley of decision so to speak.   Whoever taught you otherwise is in great error....probably they are wresting the scriptures like that in order to try and prop up their wrong doctrine....instead of simply letting the scriptures speak for themselves.

Heb 2:1-4

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Heb 3:6-9

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Heb 3:12-15

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Heb 4:1-3

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:14

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 5:11

Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Heb 6:1

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

And this will we do, if God permit.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

@Margo1945 Above, I have quoted my post to Deb.  You quoted my post and responded with the following:

Margo, I clearly did not say any of this.  

Join the club..........default_cool2.gif.630ebf7b393ea19140f6f67e64d87b2a.gif

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:39 PM, Margo1945 said:

if that is what you "truly" believe, fine .. I do not believe such .. I believe we must believe .. then love .. then obey Christ's two great commandments which He commands all who love Him to obey .. and I believe that when I fail to do so, I am turning away from Him, not Him from me, and am pursuing willful sin .. then I can just keep doing so and never return and throw away my salvation as a gift no longer wanted OR I can repent aka return to God and change my heart back to doing HIS Will, not mine .. forgiveness is NOT automatic .. we are to confess our sinfulness and ask forgiveness and if we do so genuinely, we shall be forgiven, our sin forgotten, and no punishment given as Jesus paid the "punishment" .. I cannot see how anyone can claim  to love God but not find it in his/her heart to acknowledge sinning against Him and asking His forgiveness which we know we shall have if we are genuine .. but if you think you can sin and just expect all to be forgiven and forgotten without you even bothering to confess your sinfulness and express sorrow for sinning, then go for it .. I can't .. I love the Lord too much to callously sin and ignore such and count it already forgiven - so do as I wish .. what does it matter .. it is gone as soon as I do it .. what utter nonsense .. so believe as you wish and I shall do so, too .. 

I have no idea why this popped up .

But I want to remind us all , that we must return diligently to ONLY the bible .   Every letter the apostels wrote , was for ALL believers .

It was inspired by the SPIRIT and thus we ought to feast of it daily .

Many men have long destroyed things by trying to omit parts or claiming parts are for this or that one , WHEN ITS FOR THE ENTIRE CHURCH .

Let every word be embraced ,  let every letter be feasted on .   All things that peter  , paul , james , jude ,  and any letter in that bible, Was FOR the CHURCH .

Lets just get back into bibles and things will be made clear .   

What man and men have made cloudy , BY the SPIRIT and reading ONLY BIBLES ,  GOD can make clear .   

We have had deceivers abounding for a long time .    We need an all out exodus out from mens teachings and an all out ENTRODUS back into bibles only 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Let a whole new start be made .   Today is day ONE .    OPEN BIBLES and feast daily .     Our senses will be sharpened ,   we will be built up

and able to discern the true from error .

If any has the SPIRIT , they know this to be true .    The more we read JUST the BIBLE for ourselves , the clearer things become and we are built up

and many deceivers will not be able to toss folks to and fro with deceptive tactics .

An all out call to return to bibles ONLY and FAST is being made .    With hearts that cry and minds that cry unto the LORD .

Let the entire being of our heart and mind be set above on HIM and HE shall supply all we need .   HE will make clear what man has muddied .    HE WILL DO IT .

Any lamb that hungers for truth , GOD DOES FILL .   AND if they hunger for truth , IN BIBLES ONLY they would be where they would GET filled WITH TRUTH and UNDERSTANDING .

DO not hesistate , do not wait .