• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

People are insane drivers where I live. Just in the past 3 months or so, I have witnessed an actual accident or seen the wreckage from an accident at least 4 times (that I can recall off the top of my head, so probably more). I'm not on the road often; this was just from my short commutes to and from work. Unfortunately, I think these accidents were due to distracted driving and not necessarily speeding. Drones could potentially help with accident investigations though? I also could see drones helping to catch speeders and drunk drivers. I would be fine with them, but people fought red light cameras for so long and claimed that they "invaded their privacy," so I don't know if they will become a reality for a while (if ever).

I think the red light cameras helped but the drones could get more information. I am not an advocate for drones. But in this case I think they would help. I am sure people would fight them because people want to do what they want to do. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Hope they aren't arming them with nuclear weapons.

You are talking PARANOIA.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,546
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think the red light cameras helped but the drones could get more information

Sorry  no it didn't. It greatly increased the number of accidents at those intersections ( 14 to 20 % increase). So much so that cities  terminated their contracts with the private for profit company that runs the system. Those communities that first thought it would be a great fund raiser found out otherwise. The cameras took comparably dangerous intersections and made them even more dangerous.

The system  and cities deliberately shortened the time span  of signal light changes reducing the yellow light to less than 20 seconds in order to generate more violations and raise revenue to  profitable status. That caused drivers, as they became aware, to jam on brakes at the turn  of a light to yellow, which greatly increased rear end collisions and  injury and need for paramedic and ambulance runs, plus the need for more officers and traffic accident investigators.

It just doesn't work out well at all. Cities also found their own attorney costs going up as they had to defend themselves in lawsuits from injured parties.

Roads are simply overloaded with way too many signal lights instead of rotary intersections and overpasses. Rotary intersections work very well, plus they are visually  entertaining and rather pleasant to drive around if engineered for today's vehicles. Over passes,  wow they are terrific. Takes way too long to build with the present funding though.

How much are "you"( a generic you) personally willing to pay to improve traffic flow? That is the issue. It is always the same issue money. Some will pay up, appreciate, be thankful, and like with church some will resent, stay home and carp about traffic or church, and of course all those "other people", dang them all anyway. Get off my road!

Really helps to just pray for fellow road warriors and especially pray for whoever is on the passenger list for that ambulance with it's siren blaring. And always pray for the police that are stuck doing traffic duty It is  a very dangerous task, one that should be greatly thinned out.

Might pray for better enforcement of insurance regulation forcing every vehicle to have ample accident liability insurance, not the driver but the vehicle. Plus get on state legislatures that are allowing drivers licenses to be issued to anybody from anywhere.

Force the cost of insurance to be applied to the vehicle owner not the driver.

And pray one for another on the roads.

BTW - Fortunately I have had only one ticket in the past many decades of driving lots of miles per year. It was for my choosing not to jamb on my brakes and get rear ended at a changing to red light. The patrol officer was correct, I did not stop and the light changed to red before I  got through it.

About forty minutes of his time was tied up doing his thing getting that ticket written up and running my tags and insurance information in the slow computer system. I waited, lost time. When he was done telling me how to pay  the $189.00 I offered a short prayer  and encouragement to him to be safe out  there on the streets.

Then I had to make up forty minutes of time lost so I had to push making time by driving faster down the highways. It is all rather self defeating a system of regulation. Mostly there needs be more money spent on better roads with fewer traffic signal controlled intersections. Let the word Freeway become instead payyourownway. Safety costs money.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You are talking PARANOIA.

I do think drones can run into things, and I do think they can drop out of the sky and fall on top of people and things.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Yes...just what we need, more government oversight.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Yes...just what we need, more government oversight.

You mean a federally imposed national speed limit of 55 mph was not a great idea for Wyoming?

• Haha 1

Oh do I have such fond memories of the California Highway Patrol  going along the Freeway at 55MPH  with  the flashing  lights and all of us idling along behind those poor officers, with us packed in like sardines  of Indy cars waiting for that damned vehicle to finally make an exit somewhere. And all those on ramps being backed up for miles behind those rolling road blocks that were imposed to comply with  the federal government's decree that we never ever go over 55mph  else California will lose it's highway building funds.

I used to zig  jag the side streets under and beside the Santa Ana and San Diego FRWYs  gunning the engine hitting the brakes gunning the engine again and again  in order get ahead of those dang rolling road blocks. Once out ahead of that squad car  I  ( and a few  that also managed to get around it) would just hit petal to the metal so to speak on a cleared freeway stretch  out in front of that highway patrol car's flashing lights. All to make the time I needed to make to get to work, an already two hour commute.

What with the 45 minutes of time added onto my old timing because of the  55 MPH speed limit and the rolling road blocks. I burned more fuel and went through more brakes that way than ever before.  We all did. Absolutely hated  all federal regulations because of it.

Well that federal hammer and Nixon's wage and price controls never have gone completely away. 

*^**#*  %%&^$#* Feds &$^&^%.

Well you pushed my buttons, eh!

Those days had become so bad that a few of the workers just stayed at work overnight  during much  of their own workweek schedule, never even trying to get back home. Their own commutes having become a four hour run one way. 

Ah, memories of government regulations solving problems for us.

Gas every other day only, but needing a tankful each day for the commute? Not a problem  just pay $1.00 at the new USA gas station owned evidently by Mexicans providing unlimited amounts of Mexican gas that we could also go  across the border and get  for as little as 10 cents a gallon instead of 69 cents that was a more average price at the time. Up from 28 cents before the supposed gas crisis. Or as some did or rather may have done, buy a used school bus put tanks in it and run to the border getting as much as 1500 gallons of gas and cross back over the border and fuel  up other vehicles.  

Oh for the days of Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter- The great problem solvers of my lifetime so far. Each had a federally imposed plan for most everything.

More federal regulations always fuel more violations- It's a law of it's own. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, Isaiah53NIV said:

People are insane drivers where I live. Just in the past 3 months or so, I have witnessed an actual accident or seen the wreckage from an accident at least 4 times (that I can recall off the top of my head, so probably more). I'm not on the road often; this was just from my short commutes to and from work. Unfortunately, I think these accidents were due to distracted driving and not necessarily speeding. Drones could potentially help with accident investigations though? I also could see drones helping to catch speeders and drunk drivers. I would be fine with them, but people fought red light cameras for so long and claimed that they "invaded their privacy," so I don't know if they will become a reality for a while (if ever).

People are becoming insane drivers everywhere. I have close relatives in 16 different US states and friends in many others. One of my closest childhood friend's father was killed by a drunk driver as he pulled out of his driveway! I was on a busy road a couple of years ago and I noticed that the traffic was strangely stop and go and then saw it was because the guy 2 cars in front of me was texting. The car in front of me starts honking to let the texter know that he's driving like a bozo and then the Holy Spirit tells me to be super careful and slow down completely. Bamm! The honker smashed into the texter. That taught me half the people on the road are either texting,on the cell/mobile or drunk or sort of drunk. (People don't realize even only 1 beer will make you unfit to drive-must wait 10 hours.I love beer, had some last night and going to have a couple tonight but I'm not driving for 10 hours after .My cousin, a doc, told me half the kids in the hospital are there because of traffic accidents(was she generalizing/exaggerating?)

Did you hear about the person who reversed their car in a parking lot and killed 4 church-goers in Florida. I saw the story on CNN I think. Then awhile after I heard  an army general say -at a Pentagon briefing on the situation in war-torn Iraq ,onNBC or ABC news :" Iraq isn't the most dangerous place, your local parking lot is."

Life is hard and harsh, always has been. On the road today, then buy the biggest baddest vehicle money can buy and that one can  afford. Stay out of the fast lane  if not driving among the fastest movers on the road.  And never ever buy one of those "Smart" cars. They transmit tall impact energy to the softer  living structure inside of them, braking bones nerves muscles  inside the bag of flesh. Have abig impact energy absorbing beast  from Detroit instead.

And know the security that the worst day of one's life is also the best for it is the Hello Jesus moment.

Just as soon go in a splat as going  after battling debilitating disease for months and years.

Better yet Maranatha, come Lord Jesus come. Meet me in the air. "Aint No Grave Going To Hold Me Down"- Brother Claude Ely, available for fun worship and uplift on Youtube