IGNORED

Prayer

So what do you do, your way to pray - hands together, arms raised with open palms? 

Do you ever kneel? 

I just put hands together usually, head bowed of course, as i am a very reserved person who does not like to draw attention to myself. But that's just my way. In private i kneel when praying very intensely but not for long - my knees are painful! 

How much does your physical stance matter when in prayer? 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Prayer is more of a state of mind rather than a position. Being able to shut out outside stuff and just focus on talking to the Lord. I dont really have a position that I do. Sometimes I choose a spot on the wall to look at while I pray. Sometimes I look upwards. Sometimes my hands are clasped. Sometimes outstretched. I dont kneel though. If I did, I wouldnt be able to get up again lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

I close my eyes, bow my head. I once prayed in front my rather shocked dental surgeon and her assistant after she said checked my XRay and said  to me:"Your tooth extraction is going to be difficult because it is going to break." After she extracted my tooth she exclaimed:

" This is the strangest thing I've seen . Your tooth didn't break."

I quite often pray while I walk. I sometimes but extremely rarely, pray by crying out in a  somewhat loud voice. Jesus did. Maybe I should more.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

It matters only in that I give thanks for all things. So of necessity I pray while within most any physical stance, silently, aloud, whatever.

I suggest , no urge, and pray, watch the movie "War Room"Prayer Is A Powerful Weapon. It is available for a  reasonable cost at many DVD bins in stores from  local grocer to Wallyworld.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

Good topic. Good question.

I am not saying my way is the best way but here is what I do,

I have prayed in my car or while walking. I also pray before the Lord upon my knees at least three times a day  (see Daniel 6:10). I believe Daniel is a good example to follow in my life. This isn't something I say all must do, it is just something I do. I at times pray to the Lord laying flat upon my face. Prayer is the most powerful tool a person has and serves many purposes as I sometimes simply want to praise them or I am seeking them, or at times I have great need, etc... it is a time of communication and a time of communion.  Or at times I have had "flare prayers" where I need them right then! However, whatever position you may choose at any given moment, the most important position in prayer has to do with our hearts. When I am walking in obedience and in a manner pleasing unto them then I know my prayers have greater power (see James 5:16). Most times I pray alone but at times  I pray with others for I need the alone time with God but I also believe in the power of united prayer. I have a "circle of faith" where we pray for each other everyday and at times pray together. Sometimes at church we will separate into groups to kneel and pray before the Lord. (Those who have difficulty in kneeling join us by sitting in a chair). Prayer with my wife is also extremely important as it helps us to walk united in heart as we go through each day. Anyway, just thought I would share. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

So what do you do, your way to pray - hands together, arms raised with open palms? 

Do you ever kneel? 

I just put hands together usually, head bowed of course, as i am a very reserved person who does not like to draw attention to myself. But that's just my way. In private i kneel when praying very intensely but not for long - my knees are painful! 

I try to be in prayer all day, every day, as Paul taught (1 Thess 5:17). That means I am in prayer as I go about my business. I don't need to put my hands together, raise my arms with open palms, kneel, or bow my head. God just wants us to talk to him and listen to what he is saying to us, all day long. If I am in church, I will bow my head during prayers. If something is particularly important to me, I will go to my bedroom and kneel at my bed.