• Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

In Jeremiah 50:6, God calls Israel His people and “lost sheep.” The Messiah, spoken of throughout the Old Testament, was seen as the one who would gather these “lost sheep” (Ezekiel 34:23-24Micah 5:4-5). When Jesus presented Himself as a shepherd to Israel, He was claiming to be the fulfillment of Messianic prophecy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

In Jeremiah 50:6, God calls Israel His people and “lost sheep.” The Messiah, spoken of throughout the Old Testament, was seen as the one who would gather these “lost sheep” (Ezekiel 34:23-24Micah 5:4-5). When Jesus presented Himself as a shepherd to Israel, He was claiming to be the fulfillment of Messianic prophecy

When God chose Israel as his favored sheep, did he mean to just include ONLY them to be blessed and be in heaven or was salvation always for everyone?

* didn't see the replies going to check verses. Thanks all for the help.

Edited by Deeplytroubled

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

When God chose Israel as his favored sheep, did he mean to just include ONLY them to be blessed and be in heaven or was salvation always for everyone?

No. And No.

Who was the first Israelite?

Plus; ( importantly ) who is a Jew anyway?

Do all individuals end up at heaven?

I think the question might be more fully framed ( and answered ) as: Are there saints to be lifted to meet Christ Jesus in the air from as far back as Adam, and are there many to yet come?

May you enjoy your research of your Bible as you pray and read and consider as you pray on what you read. May the Holy Spirit make you especially alert a you do read and pray.

Maranatha!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

* didn't see the replies going to check verses. Thanks all for the help.

Salvation has always been for everyone who believes in Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

ALL THOSE THAT DO NOT FOLLOW OR BELIEVE..IN JESUS,,INCLUDING ALL IN ISRAEL...JEW AND NON-JEW. AMEN

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 12/28/2019 at 1:50 AM, Betha said:

it's a 'long...ish story....but in short...they are the other sons of Jacob/Israel who are NOT of jewish descent Gen 35. Why are they lost ? good question....it's all there in scripture. 

Very interesting.   The house/nation of Judah included 3 Tribes: Judah, Benjamin and the priestly tribe of Levi [which remained with the Tribe of Judah after the split from Solomon]. There were no Hebrew Jews/Judeans before the birth of Judah.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/jew.htm

The Etymology of the Word "Jew"

In his classic Facts are Facts, Jewish historian, researcher and scholar Benjamin Freedman writes:

Today most people think of Jews as the people of Israel, but that is not correct. An Israelite was one who had descended from Jacob. In Jesus' time individual Jews may or may not have descended from Jacob, but they all recognized Pharisaism and not the Law of Moses. A Jew is properly a Judean...............................
=============================================================================

Judah is listed as 4th born in Genesis, but  listed 1st in Revelation:

12 Tribes of Revelation 7

1. Judah = "I will praise the Lord"

12 original Tribes in the OT:
Genesis 29:31-35 Genesis 30:1-22 Genesis 35:17-19

1. Reuben 2. Simeon 3. Levi 4. Judah 5. Dan 6. Naphtali 7. Gad 8. Asher 9. Issachar 10. Zebulun 11. Joseph 12 Benjamin

Jesus is of course our Chief Shepherd:

Jer 50:6 “My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray; They have turned them away on the mountains. They have gone from mountain to hill; They have forgotten their resting place.

Zec 10:3My anger is kindled against the shepherds, And I will punish the goatherds. For the LORD of hosts will visit His flock, The house of Judah, And will make them as His royal horse in the battle.

Jhn 10:14 'I am the good Shepherd, and I know my sheep, and am known by mine, 16 and other sheep I have that are not of this fold, these also it behoveth me to bring, and my voice they will hear, and there shall become one flock -- one shepherd.

Heb 13:20 And the God of the peace, who did bring up out of the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep -- in the blood of an age-during covenant -- our Lord Jesus,

1Pe 2:25  for ye were as sheep going astray, but ye turned back now to the Shepherd and overseer of your souls.

1Pe 5:4  and at the manifestation of the chief Shepherd, ye shall receive the unfading crown of glory.

================================================

Revelation also shows Jesus being the Lion/Lambkin of the tribe of Judah and the Chief Shepherd over all the tribes of Israel:

Reve 2:27 And He shall be shepherding<4165> them in rod iron, as the instruments, the pottery, is being crushed, as I have gotten beside the Father of Me.

Reve 7:17 That the Lambkin  in midst of the throne shall be shepherding<4165>  them and shall be leading them upon life springs of waters and the God shall be rubbing-away  every tear out of theie eyes.

Reve 12:5 And she brought forth a Son, a male, who is about to be shepherding<4165> all the Nations in rod/staff, iron.  And is caught-away the child of her toward the God, and toward the throne of Him.

Reve 19:15 And out of the mouth of Him is issuing forth a sharp/keen sword, that in it He should be smiting the Nations. And He shall be shepherding<4165>them in rod iron and He is treading the trough of the wine of the fury of the God, the Almighty.