• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I guess that's another thread. I pray you are happy with your posterity. I am also rich But not with the money of this world. I am rich in Christ and blessed. In all things be content and I never have had to beg bread. Paul was in prison when that was written. I don't believe neither did Peter  seek riches neither any of the apostles. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Not trying to be disparaging just saying how I feel in my  spirit. 

Hi, I don't think we disagree so much. 

I am not wanting a man  with a Cadillac to only have a bicycle instead.   I neither envy his pleasure nor desire he not have any pleasure. For all to equally  own a ten year old Chevy instead seems to require that some one have owned a brand new one. 

Universal mediocrity for all is not my trumpet to sound nor listen to and follow. I know that the poor will always be with us. In fact I have often been that poor in financial capacity.

I have in my own experience been pleased to be able to literally glean the fields after the crop has been picked by it's owner their having left the corners for the poor.   I have also been financially privileged during a few periods of time to be able to fund the need of another or to join in with other to do labor to the benefit of a widow of the church body.

It is a thrill to be a joyful recipient as well as it is to be a joy filled giver. It takes the one for the other does it not?

Praise God for His unlimited excess that He has extended without my  having merited any.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 12/31/2019 at 1:34 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

He was showing our need for HIM....

I have never seen anyone on our board say we don't need Jesus. I only see where paranoid people keep thinking others are implying it but I don't think so. I doubt that we have even 3 regular members here who would even think such a foolish thing. The majority of our members consider themselves Christians which means of course we're dependent on Jesus. We're dependent on Him for everything.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, JTC said:

I have never seen anyone on our board say we don't need Jesus. I only see where paranoid people keep thinking others are implying it but I don't think so. I doubt that we have even 3 regular members here who would even think such a foolish thing. The majority of our members consider themselves Christians which means of course we're dependent on Jesus. We're dependent on Him for everything.

Many people do not understand the INTENT of the Sermon on the Mound.......Just like they don’t understand why the Ten Commandments were given ....Many people deluded themselves into thinking they could keep them....Anybody in the crowd that day that thought they were “ good enough” , and God was impressed with their Performance because they had never committed Adultery , was set straight that day.....if you are going to use the Law to justify yourself before God, The Standard is PERFECTION ! If you even have an unclean thought, you are an Adulterer in God’s eyes.Jesus was busting “ Self- Righteous Balloons” That day. People today think they are going to Heaven because they think they keep the Commandments and many think they are saved because they “ live by the Sermon on the Mound”. They can’t and they don’t.Nobody is denying Jesus, as you say. They just say, “ Jesus Saves, BUT you gotta keep the Commandments and live by the Sermon on the Mound”  The Commandments were given so that people would look at them and “ shut their mouths” about trying to keep them, and turn to God for Mercy and Grace.The Sermon on the Mound was the Commandments on Steroids! People still  will not “ shut up” about Commandment -Keeping. They think they are “ good enough” because they keep them and they think that is the way to be fit for Heaven.As they say, “ That dog won’t hunt.” God’s Way is to BELIEVE- NOT BEHAVE for your Salvation.... 

• Well Said! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,044
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

is not the gospel made up of all the words of the new testament / covenant / law   ( NEW )

ACTS 7:51 you stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears you do always resist the holy spirit as your fathers did so do you

2 PETER 2:15 which have forsaken the right way ---and are gone astray--- following the way of balaam the son of bosor WHO LOVED THE WAGES OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS

ACTS 13:9 then saul who also is called paul filled with the holy spirit set his eyes on him 

ACTS 13:10 and said o full of all subtilty and --all mischief--thou child of the devil --thou enemy of all righteousness wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of THE LORD 

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words --THAT I SPEAK-- they are spirit and they are life 

JOHN 12:47 and if any man hear MY words and believe not I judge him not for I came not to judge the world but to save the world 

JOHN 12:48 he that rejecteth ME ---and recieveth not MY words hath one that rejecteth him the word that I have spoken the same shall judge him in the last day 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ISAIAH 5:20 woe unto them that call evil good and good evil that put darkness for light and light for darkness that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter 

*******ISAIAH 10:1 WOE UNTO THEM THAT DECREE UNRIGHTEOUS DECREES THAT WRITE GRIEVOUSNESS WHICH THEY HAVE PRESCRIBED*******

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

HEBREWS 5:9 and being made perfect he became the author of --eternal salvation--UNTO ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

48 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

is not the gospel made up of all the words of the new testament / covenant / law   ( NEW )

ACTS 7:51 you stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears you do always resist the holy spirit as your fathers did so do you

2 PETER 2:15 which have forsaken the right way ---and are gone astray--- following the way of balaam the son of bosor WHO LOVED THE WAGES OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS

ACTS 13:9 then saul who also is called paul filled with the holy spirit set his eyes on him 

ACTS 13:10 and said o full of all subtilty and --all mischief--thou child of the devil --thou enemy of all righteousness wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of THE LORD 

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words --THAT I SPEAK-- they are spirit and they are life 

JOHN 12:47 and if any man hear MY words and believe not I judge him not for I came not to judge the world but to save the world 

JOHN 12:48 he that rejecteth ME ---and recieveth not MY words hath one that rejecteth him the word that I have spoken the same shall judge him in the last day 

ISAIAH 5:20 woe unto them that call evil good and good evil that put darkness for light and light for darkness that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter 

*******ISAIAH 10:1 WOE UNTO THEM THAT DECREE UNRIGHTEOUS DECREES THAT WRITE GRIEVOUSNESS WHICH THEY HAVE PRESCRIBED*******

HEBREWS 5:9 and being made perfect he became the author of --eternal salvation--UNTO ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM

For all of those truly interested in what the Gospel is , and just as important what it isn’t , Google this.....”Harry Ironside Gospel” He was a man greatly gifted as a Teacher Of God’s Word..... 

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

SCOFFERS 

2 peter 3:3 knowing this first that there shall come in the last days scoffers walking after their own lusts 

ACTS 5:29  then peter and the other apostles answered and said we ought ---TO OBEY GOD--- rather than men 

PROVERBS 18:5 it is not good to accept the person of the wicked --- to overthrow the righteous in judgement 

PROVERBS 17:15 he that justifieth the wicked and he that condemneth the just even they both are abomination to THE LORD 

JEREMIAH 4:22 for MY people is foolish they have not known ME they are sottish children and ---they have none understanding--- they are wise to do evil but to good they have no knowledge 

TITUS 1:16 they profess that they know GOD but in works they deny HIM being abominable and disobedient and unto every --good work-- reprobate

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

For all of those truly interested in what the Gospel is , and just as important what it isn’t , Google this.....”Harry Ironside Gospel” He was a man greatly gifted as a Teacher Of God’s Word..... 

Amen.   The old-time preachers were great men of God, and they presented the truth of God's word with the insight from the Holy Spirit.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

There is only one minister I can recommend, and that is Joseph Chambers.  He has a church in Charlotte N.C. called Paw Creek Church.  It is independent, but he is an old Church of God preacher.  He preaches Church of God  doctrine like it used to be.  He is the most sound teacher I know of.  

• Oy Vey! 1

teacher of GODS word ????  choice--scholarship or discipleship

JOHN 8:31  then said JESUS to those jews which believed on HIM --IF-- you continue IN MY WORD --then are you MY disciples indeed 

JOHN 14:6 JESUS saith unto him --I AM--THE WAY--THE TRUTH--AND THE LIFE-- no one cometh unto THE FATHER but by ME 

JOHN 10:14 --I AM--the GOOD SHEPHERD-- and know MY sheep and am known of MINE 

JOHN 15:7 --IF-- you abide in ME and MY WORDS ABIDE in you you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you

2 JOHN 1:9 --WHOSOEVER--transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine --OF CHRIST--hath not GOD he that abideth in the doctrine of CHRIST he hath both THE FATHER and THE SON 

TITUS 2:1 but speak thou the things which becometh sound doctrine 

EPHESIANS 4:14 that we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by --THE SLEIGHT OF MEN--and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive

2 TIMOTHY 2:7 consider what I say and --THE LORD-- give you understanding in --ALL THINGS--

1 TIMOTHY 2:5 for there is one GOD and --ONE MEDIATOR--between GOD and men the man JESUS CHRIST 

JOHN 15:5 I am the vine you are the branches he --that abideth in ME-- the same bringeth forth much fruit for --WITHOUT ME--you can do nothing 

JOHN 6:48 --I AM--that bread of life --6:49-- your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness and are dead 

JOHN 6:50  this is the bread which cometh down from heaven that a man may eat thereof --AND NOT DIE--

PROVERBS 18:21 death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love shall eat the fruit thereof

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ISAIAH 55:2 WHEREFORE DO YOU SPEND MONEY FOR THAT WHICH IS NOT BREAD AND YOUR LABOR FOR THAT WHICH SASTIFIETH NOT ---HEARKEN DILIGENTLY UNTO ME--- AND EAT YOU THAT WHICH IS GOOD--- AND LET YOUR SOUL DELIGHT ITSELF IN FATNESS

JEREMIAH 15:16 THY WORDS WERE FOUND AND I DID EAT THEM AND THY WORD WAS UNTO ME THE JOY AND REJOICING OF MINE HEART  FOR I AM CALLED BY THY NAME O LORD GOD OF HOSTS 

JOHN 6:63 IT IS THE SPIRIT THAT QUICKENETH THE FLESH PROFITETH NOTHING THE WORDS THAT --I SPEAK--THEY ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

There is only one minister I can recommend, and that is Joseph Chambers.  He has a church in Charlotte N.C. called Paw Creek Church.  It is independent, but he is an old Church of God preacher.  He preaches Church of God  doctrine like it used to be.  He is the most sound teacher I know of.  

Only one pastor you can recommend?   May I ask about your personal pastor?   I understand if you are disabled, you may not be able to attend worship services.  If you don't have a pastor currently, may I ask about your background with pastors?