• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Our body is mostly made up of water. Do your research online to find out how much so that you have learnt for yourself.

Water is a major physiological need.

Feeling a bit like a zombie? Maybe the occasional snarl? ?

Eight cups of water a day or a different pace e.g. 4 big glasses. Having this much will make you feel so good. You might not notice it at first but pretty soon you will feel much better.

Get a good water filter for home if you are in a hard water area. You can even get an in built filter for your kettle. These takes out a lot of the chemicals which are not good for you.

If you are homeless then boil river water, use a filter on a pouch (bought online) or use purification tablets.

A game changer actually.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sharky & George

Our bodies are made up of about 60% water ,I think we learn these things in elementary school but you never know -I would hope most people realize the importance of staying hydrated and taking care of themselves,drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is always good advice for starters .Good advice for the care of our temporal bodies as we live in this temporal place

More importantly is this:

King James Bible
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, Sharky and George said:

Our body is mostly made up of water. Do your research online to find out how much so that you have learnt for yourself.

Water is a major physiological need.

Feeling a bit like a zombie? Maybe the occasional snarl? ?

Eight cups of water a day or a different pace e.g. 4 big glasses. Having this much will make you feel so good. You might not notice it at first but pretty soon you will feel much better.

Get a good water filter for home if you are in a hard water area. You can even get an in built filter for your kettle. These takes out a lot of the chemicals which are not good for you.

If you are homeless then boil river water, use a filter on a pouch (bought online) or use purification tablets.

A game changer actually.

Water might help, but I think there is more to feeling good than eight cups of water.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

43 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Water might help, but I think there is more to feeling good than eight cups of water.

Yep an additional eight glasses of lemon water on the half hours.  That's about 128 ounces of fluid a day.

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yep an additional eight glasses of lemon water on the half hours.  That's about 128 ounces of fluid a day.

Well, no, eight ounces of lemon water per 30 minutes would be 384 ounces. Add that to the 64 ounces suggested in the op and we're talking 448 ounces. That is 3.5 gallons a day.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Taking on a healthy lifestyle (or at least 'healthier' lifestyle) can make one feel fantastic. I grew up on fast food and really wasn't that active. Best I can describe my unhealthiness is like trying to run underwater, upstream. You just feel heavy and sluggish. Like you're supposed to be a flowing brook, but you're clogged up with a bunch of mud. Always tired. You almost feel like you're experiencing some form of mild slow motion.

I got tired of being tired and heavy, and pushed myself to get active. It was hard at first, but I kept at it. My body had fought me too many times, so I decided that I'd fight back. I picked up weightlifting, going on walks, and eventually, a punching bag. It felt fantastic. Started getting muscles, and I had energy. If you had asked unhealthy me if he wanted to do some leg raises, he'd say no and stay collapsed on the couch. If you ask healthier me? I'd ask if that was all we were doing.

The habit of working out, I fell out of it a while ago. Not sure how to explain why, but let's just say that my sleep hasn't been as good. I'd wake up and ask myself if I felt like working out, and being in pain and having lost sleep, I decided against it, for too long. I began to feel sluggish and tired again. So I've recently picked it up once more to try and get back to where I was. Can't do nearly as much as I used to and I think it's going to be while until I can, but it feels great to be active again. Muscles are coming back and I feel better. I thank the Lord for the energy and motivation, seriously, it's great being active again.

Now if only I could eat healthier, I'd be unstoppable. Need to find a way to make greens more edible without having to drown them in dressing. Far too used to burgers and pizza, to boot.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,080
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Well, no, eight ounces of lemon water per 30 minutes would be 384 ounces. Add that to the 64 ounces suggested in the op and we're talking 448 ounces. That is 3.5 gallons a day.

We eliminate about a cup of water a day in exhaling.         most trips to the bathroom eliminates about 2 cups a trip.  At 16 cups  a gallon that works out to about 28 trips to the bathroom just to eliminate that much water.    Unless you are working hard and sweat  it out...   I can't even imagine sweating more than a cup or two a day so that would still leave 27 trips to the bathroom, or out behind the garage.....   I would find that much water being really aggravating to deal with.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,080
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Galleon said:

Taking on a healthy lifestyle (or at least 'healthier' lifestyle) can make one feel fantastic. I grew up on fast food and really wasn't that active. Best I can describe my unhealthiness is like trying to run underwater, upstream. You just feel heavy and sluggish. Like you're supposed to be a flowing brook, but you're clogged up with a bunch of mud. Always tired. You almost feel like you're experiencing some form of mild slow motion.

I got tired of being tired and heavy, and pushed myself to get active. It was hard at first, but I kept at it. My body had fought me too many times, so I decided that I'd fight back. I picked up weightlifting, going on walks, and eventually, a punching bag. It felt fantastic. Started getting muscles, and I had energy. If you had asked unhealthy me if he wanted to do some leg raises, he'd say no and stay collapsed on the couch. If you ask healthier me? I'd ask if that was all we were doing.

The habit of working out, I fell out of it a while ago. Not sure how to explain why, but let's just say that my sleep hasn't been as good. I'd wake up and ask myself if I felt like working out, and being in pain and having lost sleep, I decided against it, for too long. I began to feel sluggish and tired again. So I've recently picked it up once more to try and get back to where I was. Can't do nearly as much as I used to and I think it's going to be while until I can, but it feels great to be active again. Muscles are coming back and I feel better. I thank the Lord for the energy and motivation, seriously, it's great being active again.

Now if only I could eat healthier, I'd be unstoppable. Need to find a way to make greens more edible without having to drown them in dressing. Far too used to burgers and pizza, to boot.

I try to swim an hour a day 5 days a week and I agree it makes one feel a lot better....

17 minutes ago, other one said:

We eliminate about a cup of water a day in exhaling.         most trips to the bathroom eliminates about 2 cups a trip.  At 16 cups  a gallon that works out to about 28 trips to the bathroom just to eliminate that much water.    Unless you are working hard and sweat  it out...   I can't even imagine sweating more than a cup or two a day so that would still leave 27 trips to the bathroom, or out behind the garage.....   I would find that much water being really aggravating to deal with.

Yes, I think it would be inconvenient.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Water actually

There was a time while working a hard and physically challenging job, my daily amount of water consumption was a gallon a day. Sometimes during the Summer months, two gallons. It gets oppressively hot here, and would be dessert wasteland if not for extensive irrigation throughout the valley. Water is a real matter of concern in this region especially, with an approximate ten inches per year of rainfall.