• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, existential mabel said:

We embrace the goddess of environmentalism and fool ourselves into thinking we can preserve the earth indefinitely when God has declared that this current age will have an end: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.

While I may not be able to save the world to last forever as you say. I do like to live in a clean world as long as I am here. Call me silly but I like having clean air to breath and clean water to drink.  And I like trees!   So thank you very much! 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

according to a man called David Bellamy there is no such thing as global warming. and he was silenced in fact he was never again on the tv. no debate just slapped down and silenced

Well no wonder he is not on tv again! If he thinks there is no such thing as global warming he clearly has no ideal what he is talking about. :whistling:

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

I'm still wondering "when" this global warming is going to start?

I visited regularly and lived lived next to the Pacific Ocean in San Luis Obispo County for the first 39 years of my life, I now live on a small island in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean and my work is right next to the lagoon, and the Pacific and the South Pacific ocean levels haven't risen one centimeter in all of my 70 plus years, ...so I'm still "waiting" for the water level to rise, ...can anyone tell me "when" it is going to start?

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

We cling to the illusion that we are lords of our world and build our self-esteem to godlike proportions.

Well are many of us not given authority over earth and it's creatures, by God? Being responsible servants of God doe snot make one Gods. To have self esteem and strive to be holy As God is Holy, being Godlike in service to Jesus is not a bad thing, but a command. To be humble is not to have low self esteem. Low self esteem might even be a denial of God's  will for his own, as God sent his Son to die for His own.

Genesis 1 ESV  Bible Gateway

..."And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so.  And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”  And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so. And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. "

So then I go to thinking about the environment as mentioned  btw I have only at this stage got to the 2nd commandment. I have been using gotquestions.org. and that is when I think of the pope

Well there is a problem right there. Got Questions. Got questions is just men's opinions, and they won't even name themselves. They write as an editorial board writes, just opinions from faceless nameless sources. Better I  think to read the Bible itself pray  and think on the word, not use what is a shortcut a kind of Cliffnotes cheat sheet. That gives the allusion of fact and of having read the original documents.

Sorry to be so blunt. I do think Got Questions does a terrible disservice to God's own. It becomes a way too lazy way  of getting information, and from unnamed sources, a crutch to use without doing one's own reading and praying over the word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, existential mabel said:

ENVIROMENTALISM

1. https://www.gotquestions.org/idolatry-modern.html

Third, we idolize mankind through naturalism and the power of science. We cling to the illusion that we are lords of our world and build our self-esteem to godlike proportions. We reject God’s Word and His description of how He created the heavens and the earth, and we accept the nonsense of atheistic evolution and naturalism.

We embrace the goddess of environmentalism and fool ourselves into thinking we can preserve the earth indefinitely when God has declared that this current age will have an end: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.

to live holy and godly lives

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness” (2 Peter 3:10–13).

As this passage states, our focus should not be on worshiping the environment but on living holy lives as we wait eagerly for the return of our Lord and Savior. He alone deserves worship.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ah the holidays and cabin fever…anyway I got to thinking about the environment but what started this was that I had decided to look at the 10 commandments. After watching a few video’s by Ray Comfort I was struck by the way he used the 10 commandments to illustrate whilst he was street evangelising.

He explained that you need to get away from the intellect and into the heart and by doing a simple process using the question, “do you think that you are a good person?” and a high number of people thought that they were good ….when going through this process they re-thought their opinion of themselves based on the fact that they were heading towards hell…anyway if you want to view this  find his video’s on youtube.

So then I go to thinking about the environment as mentioned  btw I have only at this stage got to the 2nd commandment. I have been using gotquestions.org. and that is when I think of the pope

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

2. https://www.dw.com/en/pope-tells-greta-thunberg-to-carry-on-her-fight/a-48372358

Pope tells Greta Thunberg to carry on her fight

The teenage climate activist and the leader of the world's Catholics agree that the world needs to fight climate change. Pope Francis gave his blessing for Thunberg's fight for the climate.

The leader of the world's Catholics and Thunberg more or less see eye to eye on climate change. Francis has urged the world to protect the environment, even writing a 2015 document on fighting climate change.

Since then he has advocated for the reduction of fossil fuels and calling for the world to convert to clean energy.

Thunberg has inspired a generation of children to strike against climate change and hold regular protests against global inaction on the matter. Thunberg has chastised global leaders for not treating the threat of climate change as a life-threatening emergency.

Daniel 2:21 (KJV) And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Another brainwashed misguided child, the generation that is replacing this one. Making the cover of Time Magazine and using her for ideological purposes as a way to usher in climate change as the new world order uniting point. I strongly suspect 'climate change' will be "the" or one of the mechanisms to fund, and bring about global control.

• Well Said! 2

Environment problems are real, very much so.  There are many scams that have made a few individual very rich as they design scams using cover  of environmentalism, but that does not make  the extremely serious problem of pollution that injuries, causes health problems, and kills, go away.

James Watt was an idiot a useful idiot, and a dumb Christian in the President Reagan cabinet.  He espoused that the end was near anyway, so  basically there is no problem pollute away it's all going to burn..

But there are very serious problems, from the foolish person that takes his used motor oil and pours it around his own land's fence posts to kill weeds, and in so doing poisons his and all his neighbor's water wells; to the horrific problems that an explosion at a propylene storage tank at a Texas factory may be causing starting even now. Man has responsibility  to God to provide safety for all the creatures God has given him dominion over.

Doesn't matter what a young girl from Sweden says or does, nor that a Pope  of the Popedom gets himself involved. Being involved is a good thing, Christians aught to do the same.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

Edited by existential mabel

21 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well no wonder he is not on tv again! If he thinks there is no such thing as global warming he clearly has no ideal what he is talking about. :whistling:

have you looked into this then reg Bellamy?

4 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Have you listened to David Attenborough and watched his programmes on the climate changes? He is very highly respected and knowledgeable

so was Bellamy but he wasnt in the 'establishment' Attenborough is the bbc's voice.Bellamy was until he said what he said. i think Attenborough took over the mantle ...