• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Environment problems are real, very much so.  There are many scams that have made a few individual very rich as they design scams using cover  of environmentalism, but that does not make  the extremely serious problem of pollution that injuries, causes health problems, and kills, go away.

James Watt was an idiot a useful idiot, and a dumb Christian in the President Reagan cabinet.  He espoused that the end was near anyway, so  basically there is no problem pollute away it's all going to burn..

But there are very serious problems, from the foolish person that takes his used motor oil and pours it around his own land's fence posts to kill weeds, and in so doing poisons his and all his neighbor's water wells; to the horrific problems that an explosion at a propylene storage tank at a Texas factory may be causing starting even now. Man has responsibility  to God to provide safety for all the creatures God has given him dominion over.

Doesn't matter what a young girl from Sweden says or does, nor that a Pope  of the Popedom gets himself involved. Being involved is a good thing, Christians aught to do the same.

Well yeah! We are to be good stewards with everything God has given us. But this mother earth "worship", symbolized by this young lady, the Pope, the tree hugging crowd and organizations trying to implement monetary penalties for nations emissions. That reeks of globalism, control and additional finance to support their agendas. 

It's really interesting the ecumenical movement and climate change advocates are gaining such steam and traction; to the point the majority seem to be jumping on the band wagon. I smell more major changes heading our way before to long. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,531
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It's really interesting the ecumenical movement and climate change advocates are gaining such steam and traction; to the point the majority seem to be jumping on the band wagon. I smell more major changes heading our way before to long. 

Hi, 

While standing neck  deep in "stuff" yelling "Don't make a wave!" one  doesn't worry too much about the politics of  a rescuer coming along with a rope  and a helping hand. The smell is not the rescuer, it is what one is neck deep in.

I grew up on the Charles River and Boston Harbor. I don't care who get the ball rolling to clean it. I salute those that have made the long hard effort, a half century in the making.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,531
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

That evangelical Christians may not be in the lead in environmental issues is not a shame on those that are involved in working on them.

It is a shame on those evangelicals who read the command and responsibility in Genesis of man for his environment yet only see something others are doing as being bad because they may not be evangelic born again Christians. The serious shame may be that evangelical Christians haven't yet done much themselves to help.  It is not a bad thing to applaud and even join alongside of the unsaved world on this one.

Yes I know the optics of a girl from Sweden having a support team  flying commercial airliners to make possible her so called  environmentally friendly boat cruising. None the less the problems are real even if exaggerated and the solutions sold are often scams.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

Although I believe in being good stewards of our resources, and am opposed to pollution, CO2 is not the problem. When Politicians are involved there is always money involved. They could not figure out a way to make the money taxing big business, so they blame the people. Read the Link I posted on this post.

• Thumbs Up 1