• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

ENVIROMENTALISM

1. https://www.gotquestions.org/idolatry-modern.html

we idolize mankind through naturalism and the power of science. We cling to the illusion that we are lords of our world and build our self-esteem to godlike proportions. We reject God’s Word and His description of how He created the heavens and the earth, and we accept the nonsense of atheistic evolution and naturalism.

We embrace the goddess of environmentalism and fool ourselves into thinking we can preserve the earth indefinitely when God has declared that this current age will have an end: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.

to live holy and godly lives

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness” (2 Peter 3:10–13).

As this passage states, our focus should not be on worshiping the environment but on living holy lives as we wait eagerly for the return of our Lord and Savior. He alone deserves worship.

Ah the holidays and cabin fever…anyway I got to thinking about the environment but what started this was that I had decided to look at the 10 commandments. After watching a few video’s by Ray Comfort I was struck by the way he used the 10 commandments to illustrate whilst he was street evangelising. BTW i have since discovered that Ray Comfort is a works based....

He explained that you need to get away from the intellect and into the heart and by doing a simple process using the question, “do you think that you are a good person?” and a high number of people thought that they were good ….when going through this process they re-thought their opinion of themselves based on the fact that they were heading towards hell…anyway if you want to view this  find his video’s on youtube.

So then I go to thinking about the environment as mentioned  btw I have only at this stage got to the 2nd commandment. I have been using gotquestions.org. and that is when I think of the pope

Edited by existential mabel
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well I can't use the popedom as an excuse for being irresponsible in how I personally affect my environment.

Of course the more of us there are using the facilities of earth the more  need there is to consider how to tend the garden and supervise the animals too. There is responsibility, not from some girl not from  the popedom, it has always been  a homework assignment from God. No extra credit given, just a responsibility assigned. There is work to be done even now, especially now.

The dung gate of the city is as important to tend and consider as is the Fountain and the Valley gates. “You see the trouble we are in, how Jerusalem lies in ruins with its gates burned. Come, let us build the wall of Jerusalem"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member

PART 2

That gets me thinking ok so the pope is on board so that must be scriptural then but then having just done the second commandment I am confused…

Anyway I remember the programme I listened to on the World Service Radio the other day about the fact that the internet etc are fossil fuel greedy I found this article

3. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/17/internet-climate-carbon-footprint-data-centres

The energy used in our digital consumption is set to have a bigger impact on global warming than the entire aviation industry

If you worry about climate change and a cause celebre such as the expansion of Heathrow airport, it is worth considering that data centres are set to soon have a bigger carbon footprint than the entire aviation industry.

Unless I study this and i am no scientist. I don’t know if this is in fact truth. As these days truth is not top of the pops ( a ye olde engalish saying!)

Oh and btw

He mentions the vast amounts of electricity consumed by the operations of the online currency Bitcoin – which, at the height of the speculative frenzies earlier this year, was set to produce an annual amount of carbon dioxide equivalent to 1m transatlantic flights.

4. http://eartheast.org/pope-francis-care-for-the-earth

Pope Francis calls all of us to feel deeply our stewardship to care for the earth and the poor.  As people of faith we honor our Creator as we care for creation.  Highlights from Pope Francis' letter were shared in the first meeting of Earth Stewardship East.

Ah that word stewardship..

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This pope is a social justice pope. Which in the way in which social justice is practiced today is a false gospel. 

But one can be aware of and sensitive to the environment without going overboard into an idolization of it. Unfortunately too many activists today go far overboard, putting the environment ahead of people. Turning "mother earth" into an idol. 

For instance, I live in the desert where water is always a concern. I have chosen to have native plants and low water use plants in my yard instead of grass and higher water use plants like many have. My yard looks nice and we have been told by the city that we are among the lowest water use homes in the city. Water use is not part of the climate change fad so it isnt discussed as much, but it too is part of the environment.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

PART 3

5. https://grist.org/article/the-pope-might-make-destroying-the-earth-a-sin-will-catholics-listen/

Francis said he was thinking about adding “ecological sin against the common home” to the catechism, the book that summarizes Catholic belief.

hmmmn so then earlier in the day, I just happened to read,

Rev 22:

18I, John, solemnly warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to his or her punishment the plagues described in this book.

19And if anyone takes anything away from the prophetic words of this book, God will take away from them their share of the fruit of the tree of life and of the Holy City, which are described in this book.

Now is John just meaning Revelation here and not the rest of the bible? Seeing as the pope is thinking of adding …

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Funny but here in the subtropical suncoast of Florida useable water is also in short supply. We are all sucking deep running water out of the same hole from the Hudson River  NY. to the St. Lucie river Fl.

25 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

PART 3

5. https://grist.org/article/the-pope-might-make-destroying-the-earth-a-sin-will-catholics-listen/

Francis said he was thinking about adding “ecological sin against the common home” to the catechism, the book that summarizes Catholic belief.

hmmmn so then earlier in the day, I just happened to read,

Rev 22:

18I, John, solemnly warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to his or her punishment the plagues described in this book.

19And if anyone takes anything away from the prophetic words of this book, God will take away from them their share of the fruit of the tree of life and of the Holy City, which are described in this book.

Now is John just meaning Revelation here and not the rest of the bible? Seeing as the pope is thinking of adding …

The pope is adding a sin to further the social justice gospel, a false gospel. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

silly question i know but is he deliberately doing this? i mean he is the head of the Catholic church and would know that he is going down the worldly secular road.

these issues are of course very important and do have a massive impact. but having studied the 10 Commandments i can start to see for myself how unscriptual this is. along with other issues....

It is possible that he isnt saved, in which case he might not know he is going down the secular road. 

• 4 weeks later...

according to a man called David Bellamy there is no such thing as global warming. and he was silenced in fact he was never again on the tv. no debate just slapped down and silenced

• This is Worthy 1