IGNORED

Bethel Church - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly~!

FresnoJoe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matthew 10:16

Edited by FresnoJoe
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

This is very long, much longer than I would usually allow or even watch, but it is worthwhile and thought provoking.  He weighs the works and beliefs of Bethel from as an impartial evaluation as we will probably find.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

he seems to endorse it partly he also sounds like he is still active with Bethel and that Bethel are adding to the teachings. just seems like toxic poision to me it makes me uneasy in my spirit and that is after only 15 mins

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,188
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Thanks FresnoJoe,

Appreciate you posting that informative video. That `false teaching` is certainly spreading everywhere.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

This Pastor/Speaker looked over 60 hours of Bethel Reddings church videos to really see where they stood.
That was commendable. In the video:

-He clearly sees Bethel with dominionist teachings. One of it's many faucets is that they will eliminate all the poor.
(John 12:8)  For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

-Hundreds of false prophecies being made and encouraged among themselves:
(2 Peter 2:1)  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

-Bethel twisting the Lord's Word:
(2 Peter 3:16)  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, (twist up)  as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

-He mentions the "Destiny cards" that some use at Bethel. These "cards" are the equivalent of (witchcraft) Tarot cards.

-The speaker mentions that he's never heard Bill "give a Gospel message at Bethel," yet will side with others who do. Confusing no???

-18:42 Bill Johnson speaking: "I refuse to create a theology that allows for sickness..."

Bill would have us all as Christians believe that if we are in any way sick, we do not have the right Gospel. Much of this stems from the "word of faith" movements as well. I would like to note Bill Johnson has corrective glasses on while he's teaching this lie.
Jesus did heal, and we can pray to be healed and or pray for others to be healed. However, we are not Jesus, and we trust the outcome to Him. Epaphroditus was sick in the N/T, so much so, that he nearly died. Philippians 2:25-27

While the Pastor speaks rightly here in rightly judging Bill Johnson:

-105:19 "So I think that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, and I think you (Bill Johnson) encourage error. This isn't just messing up but this is saying things as they're from God when you have no reason to think that they're from God. So the movement you're creating is artificial and you cannot have error like that without having consequence. We reap what we sow."

-116:45 Pastor quoting Bill Johnson"...When Jesus became flesh, the Word became flesh, and as I am walking in Christ and I'm giving out prophesies, and I'm speaking out words of healing, the Word is becoming flesh again in me."

Where is THAT in the Bible?? Nowhere!! But it does sound akin to the liturgy of eating the "real" body of jesus christ at the Transubstantiational Mass of the RCC.
This kind of christ that becomes "flesh again in me" falls into Galatians 3:1 territory: O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Ironically, after this video showed many fallacies and errors in Bethel and it's teachers, the same critiquing pastor towards the end jumps a bit towards their side by stating:
"Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater. I think these are our brothers and sisters in Christ. Bethel's not a Church full of demons.
...I would still fellowship with them."

Just wow. Never. I believe that to be Rosemary's baby in that dirty bath water, toss it all out.
Beyond calling on Bethel to repent, we should have nothing to do with Bill Johnson's '"ministry" along with his many false teachings mentioned in the video.
If any of the young in the Lord wind up in Bill Johnson's church as a part of his flock, with it's extra biblical theology, they would quickly be led astray.

Along with many other heresies in our day, Bethel's teachings are stretching far and wide. I've spoken with a few in my area mentioning much of his heretical doctrines, calling for them to repent and come out of that "strange fire."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Bethel Reddings most recent theatrics last month sadly involved a couple that attended Bethel, Andrew and Kalley Heiligenthal.
Kalley was a worship leader there.

The couples two year old daughter Olive died on Dec 13th, 2019.

For five days, this false signs and wonders church believed god would raise their dead daughter from the grave. The entire church prayed, jumped about, and chanted these lines over and over repetitiously in song:
Come alive, Come alive ,Come alive, dry bones, Awake, arise, Inhale the light, In Jesus Name, Olive, come out of that grave!

After five days, they finally understood the child would not be raised from the dead.
Hopefully now, some real closure on the death of their daughter will come for this couple.

Bethel Redding's Bill Johnson continues to teach grave error, and has led others to believe in the same, including the deceived parents of this couples dead child.