• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well i basically agree with that, but believe there is a difference between being in debt and being indebted, since one is a voluntary mindset of constant gratitude whereas the other is something that you will always OWE, until it is paid off. Which of course we can never pay off so why would God hold us to it as if we did owe it back, when we should actually be WILLING to pay it back with thanksgiving and praise,which is basically all we can offer. And our obedience to serving Him and doing whatever we can in that capacity, which is more what my previous post was about. But our works and faith are equally important and are not opposed to each other as some would make it seem, since you are probably not going to serve God without first having the faith that you can and will accomplish what you set out to do. And that is my main problem in the doing part, which is not being sure it is actually God calling me to do it, or just basically not believing He ever would in the first place. 

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

No wrath upon me now :)

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 
Rom 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 

(Rom 5:9)  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

(Rom 8:1)  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 
Rom 8:30  Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 
Rom 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 

(Heb 9:14)  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

(1Jn 1:7)  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Thank you Jesus for cleansing us from all sins and delivering us from the wrath to come!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 12/31/2019 at 8:44 AM, CaptWalker said:

This question is taken from Luke-19 and Matthew-25, the parable of the pounds/talents. In both versions the "Master" is basically referred to in the same way by the lazy servant who did not gain anything from what he had been given because he hid it. He is called "hard" and "austere", but i am focusing more on the Luke version and the meaning of the word Austere which is translated as "harsh,rough,rigid". Now I know the "Master" in the story is at least a type of GOD, but my question of late is does that make him 100% in nature and character? Actually in every teaching i've ever heard on this the focus has always been on the lesson to be learned rather than if the Master and GOD are actually one in the same? But no where in the chapter does it indicate whether they are or not, but only that Christ taught it as if they both were. Even if there seems to be a contradiction between the Master simply dishing out retribution and punishment, whereas God is being fair and just even if the final judgement/sentence is exactly the same?  Anyway i have just been a little bothered and confused by this lately and about the attitude God seems to have towards someone who may actually deserve to be chastised but at the same time may have just been too ignorant or overly cautious and afraid to take some action or make a big life decision for instance? But maybe someone else has another perspective on this and i do appreciate any feedback or input... 

King James Bible
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.” (Matthew 23:8)

Master here comes out teacher: 

Strong's Concordance
didaskalos: an instructor

Original Word: διδάσκαλος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: didaskalos
Phonetic Spelling: (did-as'-kal-os)
Definition: an instructor
Usage: a teacher, master

Certainly there is no severity here. Christ is close to us and near to us (Pslam 34:18). 

A good summary of both: 

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 18:20)