Sign in to follow this  
Hadley

Vatican {Church} Thyatira?

Notice this Church will go into Jacobs Troubles!!  “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, rwho has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.
I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first.  But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants uto practice sexual immorality and uto eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but  if she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.  Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:59 AM, Hadley said:

Notice this Church will go into Jacobs Troubles!!  “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, rwho has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.
I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first.  But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants uto practice sexual immorality and uto eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but  if she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.  Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead.

Hi Hadley,

I doubt very much that a person can equate the Vatican with the Church of Thyatira. Yes, the Vatican and the RCC are guilty of numerous sins, esp the popes, with their blasphemous utterances. But the letter to the Church in Thyatira is addressing a different religion. I pasted and copied a snippet from a blog I'm currently working on that addresses the Letters to the Seven Churches.

Who is Jezebel?

In prophecy, women are used to represent religious systems. For instance, the "woman" in Rev 12 is Israel/Judaism. 

The passage of Rev 2 clearly states Jezebel "calls herself a prophetess" (she thinks she hears from God), and she teaches a mistaken theology. 

She leads Christ's bond servants astray by encouraging them to sin by eating foods sacrificed to idols and committing acts of sexual immorality. Jezebel herself is not the "adultress", but rather encourages believers to commit adultery. 

What religion is this?

We know it isn't Judaism or apostate Christianity because if they are unfaithful to our Lord they would truly be committing adultery.

That leaves Islam as the only remaining choice. Let's look at the OT to help determine if Islam is the religion represented by Jezebel:

" Now Ahab the son of Omri became king over Israel in the 38th year of Asa king of Judah, and Ahab the son of Omri reigned over Israel in Samaria 22 years. Ahab the son of Omri did evil in the sight of the Lord more than all who were before him. It came about, as though it had been a trivial thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he married Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians, and went to serve Baal and worshiped him.".......(! Kings 16:29-31)

Who was Baal?

This ancient god was the nemesis of Israel throughout most of its existence. Numerous scholars speculate that Baal and Allah are the same.

Mohammed was from the tribe of Quraysh. Their principal deity was Hubal, and was the same deity known in northern countries as Baal. There  are other documents that show that the principal deity was Allah. Since you can't have two principal deities, many contend that Hubal, Baal and Allah are the same. Even if Baal and Allah are not the same god, it is rather obvious that Jezebel does not symbolize apostate Christianity. Jezebel was a pagan, not an apostate................... So, the only choice for the symbol Jezebel is Islam.

What's interesting is that "they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols".......that these two are tied together. We all know that in the Islamic system of Hallal, the slaughtering and preparing meat for food, is all a sacrifice to their god Allah. When the Mark of the Beast is instituted around the mid point of the 70th week, no-one will be able to buy unless they have the mark. And the food that can be bought with the "Mark" will be food sacrificed to idols.

Even though Christians are free to eat all types of food, the Apostles placed a restriction on gentile believers to "abstain from things contaminated by idols (Acts 15:20) and when meat is sacrificed to idols (1 Cor 10:1-13)

The sexual immorality mentioned may be a spiritual unfaithfulness, as believers fall away and commit apostasy rather than face death. Spiritual unfaithfulness is caving in and taking the Mark of the Beast for food, rather than relying on the Lord for provisions. 

I gave her time to repent, but  if she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.  Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead.

Here, Jesus uses the term "great tribulation". This phrase occurs only two times in the New Testament, in Matt 24:21 and Rev 7:9. In both instances it refers to the period of tribulation be the Antichrist in the last half of the 70th week of Daniel. 

The passage says that Jesus has allowed "Jezebel" (Islam) time to repent......some 1400 years! But, enough is enough. Islam will be thrown onto a bed of sickness. Her "children" He will kill with pestilence. And it will be of supernatural origin, and specifically target Muslims.  Psalm 91:5-10:

You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
Of the pestilence that [a]stalks in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But it shall not approach you.
You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
[b]For you have made the Lord, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10 No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your [c]tent.

The passage also says that those who commit adultery with Jezebel (Islam) will be thrown into "great tribulation". It specifically differentiates between those who commit adultery with her.....and....her children. Those who covert to Islam ARE her children. Those who commit adultery with her are those who do not actively oppose Allah and accept some of Islam's practices. Being passive will not save you. They will not escape the wrath of Islam. They will be thrown into Great Tribulation by God!

On 1/1/2020 at 2:59 PM, Hadley said:

I’m not sure why you would associate the RCC with the church of Thyatira.  Could you explain this to me?  I don’t see it so maybe I can learn a thing or two here. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

The catholic church in rome was not included in Jesus message to the 7 churches given to John. Jesus did not acknowledge it as His church.

Edited by R. Hartono

On 1/1/2020 at 11:59 AM, Hadley said:

We do not know. It is speculation on your part. 

Sign in to follow this