• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

Dear sister don't worry about it the king of kings has invited you and me and your other brothers and sisters in christ to the marriage supper of the lamb.everyone's been invited no one will be left out .remember the parable how an extra effort was made to go into the high was and by ways to call everyone to come in. in our fathers house there is enough room for all his children so for now let us together go about inviting people to come so that the house is full.and no one gets left out ... May Jesus bless you and lift up his face upon you and give you peace

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

That's exactly how it should be. I know the church I attend has an annual banquet, and they have it catered in with a fine spread. It's not cheap, and of course it's far too expensive for the church to be expected to pick up the tab for each and every member. A banquet hall in a restaurant is booked and has to be paid for. It comes at a pretty high cost. Quite a few that are gifted with reservations so not everyone is left out. Many choose not to attend and that's their decision.  

Your post made me chuckle a bit inside :D

First let me say I don't particularly like to identify myself and belief's with a denomination. Christianity is a faith and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ, one church, and there should be no divisions in our faith. I became a member of our local Baptist church because; I believe being an active member of the body of Christ is critical, and not to forsake the gathering of the body of believers. There is nothing in the Gospel, core belief's and tenants, preaching / teaching. values and church covenant I question. I was formerly a member years ago of an independent Bible believing church. With all that said as a background...

All my life I always heard, "them there Baptists really like to eat"! I'm here to tell ya, that's the truth! Every fifth Sunday and special occasions and holidays, we gather to eat, fellowship and socialize. Most times the meat is purchased by the church, and the congregation brings everything else. It's a blessing and good time assembling and associating with like minded Christians. Sure beats my days of me assembling in the tavern and getting drunk with my beer buddies, telling lies and war stories and driving home drunk; getting home and getting into it with my wife because I missed the toilet bowl when I puked; and all that goes along with the evils of alcohol. There's no peace or joy in bottles of beer.

I'm so grateful the Lord changed me and my life!

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

we gather to eat, fellowship

Ah, Dennis, in a baptist church,
fellowship includes eating
eating includes fellowship

Baptist church:
Every pastoral message ends with the gospel call.
Every fellowship has food, of some type.
All the rest of the time, it's coffee, coffee, and more coffee!

To find a new friend, be friendly.......
They've been waiting for you.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

i agree. on church page no one should be excluded. events should be announced clearly and concisely.

on their on personal fb pages i could understand but the church fb  site is usually public :/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

You are feeling down as so many are at this time of year  but sorry you were NOT left out and if you needed company you could have invited others who may also have been feeling alone  so pull those big girls panties up and rejoice that some like crowds ands others ( myself included ) like to be more in the background xxxxx:emot-hug:

Oh and ignore BB he is feeling sad cos his best buddy  has left him ( even more sad that his best buddy was a rodent :emot-fail: )

We do not want to derail this thread....... meet me in the “ Mouse in the Kitchen” thread——“ IF” you got the guts!

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Doubt that it was the pastor that posted it or authorized it. He may even be embarrassed by  it having been posted  if he now knows about it . Nonetheless it is not worth chasing down. It happened, time to move on not letting Satan's own have a victory.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

Jesus told US if u make a celebration invite those poor who cannot return ur favour that u may b rewarded in heaven

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Just asking here. If your pastor and his wife hosted a New Years Eve gathering/get together at his house and then posted the photos to his facebook page of all the fun they had and you were not invited. Would you feel left out? Some people said somethings and the reply that was given was that they weren't leaving anyone out and told us to come next year. But it seems only the people who where there know about it. So.....it dose seem like some people were being left out. Well how do you all feel about this? I'm not really sure how I feel. I mean he can't invite the whole church to come to his house. But then you still kind of wonder why you weren't included. Well...thoughts?? 

If it was presented on Facebook as a church event, then I might be upset if I wasn't invited. If it was a private event, then I don't think I'd have anything to complain about.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

Here's the relevant scripture.

But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous. (Luke 14: 13-14)

Did the church invite them for Christmas celebration ?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Doubt that it was the pastor that posted it or authorized it

Yes it was the pastor. He even commented on it saying that if anyone is looking for a church home you be welcomed by these people.  Again I am not mad.  A few other members commented on the post that they were not invited or did not know anything about it. I am not making such comments. It just seem odd to me is all that only a few where invited.