• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

WHERE DO ALL THE WHITE HORSES COME FROM? 

-------

Revelation 19:11-16 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Rider on a White Horse

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.  And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.  From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.  On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

heaven opened,

If they have come from heaven, does that become any evidence of animals in heaven,  or of animals going to heaven?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation is a vision. The horses, like everything else, are symbolic. So they are not evidence for the existence of animals in heaven.

"Riding on a white horse" is a pictorial way of saying that Christ has absolute power (and that it is unsullied by sin).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Deborah_ said:

Revelation is a vision.

Yes. A vision of what will be. And it will occur as it is written. 

The horses, like everything else, are symbolic. So they are not evidence for the existence of animals in heaven.

Neither is there evidence of no creatures in heaven. The bible says there are, and I believe it. 

"Riding on a white horse" is a pictorial way of saying that Christ has absolute power (and that it is unsullied by sin).

Again, the word of God says this will happen. Revelation is not a symbolistic fantasy. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Neither is there evidence of no creatures in heaven. The bible says there are, and I believe it. 

Actually, I agree there will be animals in the future life. I just find the evidence elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Again, the word of God says this will happen. Revelation is not a symbolistic fantasy. 

Fantasy - no. Symbolic - yes. Personally, I don't think that Revelation should be interpreted literally, but we might have to agree to disagree on that point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

But Jesus said to John:

Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be after this,  Rev 1:19

What did John see? ...Jesus in His glorified state/body, chapter 1, ...is that "only" symbolic?

What are the things which are? The church Age, chapters 2 and 3, ...is that "only" symbolic?

What are the things which shall be after this? The Church in Heaven, the last "Week" of Daniel's 70 Week prophecy, the Millennium, the Great White Throne Judgement, the New Jerusalem and the New Heavens and the New Earth, chapters 4 through 22, ...are ALL of these things "only" symbolic?

The Revelation is the "only" book of the 66 that God pronounces a blessing on those read, hear and keeps the things written in it. We read it and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us and we "keep," meaning we "attend to carefully," what we hear Him telling us: 

Blessed is the one who reads and hears the Words of this prophecy, and the ones keeping the things written in it, for the time is near.  Rev 1:3

The Apocalypse (Revelation) is Jesus "unveiling" what the future is to His Church, ...it's about as "symbolic" as "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us;"

Lord bless 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

WHERE DO ALL THE WHITE HORSES COME FROM? 

-------

Revelation 19:11-16 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Rider on a White Horse

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.  And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.  From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.  On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Heaven. 

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

If they have come from heaven, does that become any evidence of animals in heaven,  or of animals going to heaven?

Our pets do not have souls so they do not go to heaven. There will be animals in heaven. There were animals in the garden of Eden.

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Fantasy - no. Symbolic - yes. Personally, I don't think that Revelation should be interpreted literally, but we might have to agree to disagree on that point.

Symbolic - yes? :huh: Wow... Okay.

I guess we really do disagree about that then. 

Disputing the validity of God's word is something I don't do. 

At this point I'll bow out of the thread. Happy New Year, Deborah. :)

3 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

Revelation is a vision. The horses, like everything else, are symbolic. So they are not evidence for the existence of animals in heaven.

I do not think the horses were symbolic but literal. 

• Well Said! 1