• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Thursday 1-2-20, Tevet 6, 5780 5th. day of the weekly cycle, 13th. Winter day,

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans Three:31

God Forbid: Yea, We Establish The Law 

Romans Three:21-31 KJV

Description Of Righteousness:

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

God Forbid: Yea, We Establish the Law. Every born-again believer is obligated to obey and fulfil the laws of God, but because WE ARE saved. When an unsaved (non-Christian) person sins, they are held responsible by God as their eternal Judge (Revelation Twenty:10-15).

Revelation Twenty
King James Bible Par ▾
Satan Bound the Thousand Years

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Satan Cast into the Lake of Fire

7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Final Judgment

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

building on definition of righteousness

ROMANS 6:16 know you not that to whom you yield yourselves to obey his servants you are to whom you obey whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness 

2 TIMOTHY 3:16 all scripture is given by inspiration of GOD and is profitable for doctrine for reproof for correction for instruction in righteousness 

TITUS 2:11 for the grace of GOD that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men --2:12-- teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly righteously and godly in this present world 

PROVERBS 8:8 all the words of MY MOUTH are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them

PSALM 119:138 thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful

PSALM 119:142 thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and thy law is the truth 

PSALM 119:172 my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness

ROMANS 6:18 being then made free from sin --- YOU BECAME THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ---

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

6 hours ago, steve morrow said:

building on definition of righteousness

ROMANS 6:16 know you not that to whom you yield yourselves to obey his servants you are to whom you obey whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness 

2 TIMOTHY 3:16 all scripture is given by inspiration of GOD and is profitable for doctrine for reproof for correction for instruction in righteousness 

TITUS 2:11 for the grace of GOD that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men --2:12-- teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly righteously and godly in this present world 

PROVERBS 8:8 all the words of MY MOUTH are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them

PSALM 119:138 thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful

PSALM 119:142 thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and thy law is the truth 

PSALM 119:172 my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness

ROMANS 6:18 being then made free from sin --- YOU BECAME THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ---

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

Amen, after looking at the OP and the above, I can clearly see why righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a reproach to any people. By righteousness a nation is lifted up, but sin is a cause of shame to the peoples.

Proverbs 14:34-35

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 1/3/2020 at 5:31 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

God Forbid: Yea, We Establish the Law. Every born-again believer is obligated to obey and fulfil the laws of God, but because WE ARE saved. When an unsaved (non-Christian) person sins, they are held responsible by God as their eternal Judge (Revelation Twenty:10-15).

Sounds like you've got it back-to-front:  Firstly, we are not saved until after we die and Jesus judges and then grants us salvation - until then we only have the "hope" of being saved, as in pointed out in at least 15 NT verses.  

Secondly, Jesus will judge us according to our "deeds" ( 1Peter 1:15-17, John 15:6), that is to say, whether on not we abided in Him while we were on earth; and we abide in Him on earth by keeping His commandments - 

“All who keep His commandments abide in Him, and He in them.” (1John 3:24)

“If you keep my commandments you will abide in my love” (John 15:9)““If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned … (John 15:6)

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” (John 14:15).

James 2:24 says "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone".  But he means by "works" includes keeping the commandments.   No works, no justification - no justification, no salvation.

We as believers are commanded to "be holy", because our "deeds" will be judged on the Last Day:

“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, be HOLY yourselves in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘YOU SHALL BE HOLY, for I am holy’.  And if you invoke as Father Him who judges each one impartially according to his DEEDS, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.”  (1Peter 1:15-17)

Edited by RogerDC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

For those who BELIEVE, they are in The First Resurrection. Very simple, uncomplicated and a THOROUGH work of God alone. We bring NOTHING to the table except our BELIEVING LOYALTY to the One True God.

Read about Nahum and the Widow that Yeshua expressly mentions when He sees the unbelief of His fellows in His home town.

UNDERSTAND fully that nothing we do impresses God...  except BELIEF like the centurion that Yeshua marveled at because of his believing faith...

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill

9 hours ago, RogerDC said:

Sounds like you've got it back-to-front:  Firstly, we are not saved until after we die and Jesus judges and then grants us salvation - until then we only have the "hope" of being saved, as in pointed out in at least 15 NT verses.  

Secondly, Jesus will judge us according to our "deeds" ( 1Peter 1:15-17, John 15:6), that is to say, whether on not we abided in Him while we were on earth; and we abide in Him on earth by keeping His commandments - 

“All who keep His commandments abide in Him, and He in them.” (1John 3:24)

“If you keep my commandments you will abide in my love” (John 15:9)““If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned … (John 15:6)

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” (John 14:15).

James 2:24 says "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone".  But he means by "works" includes keeping the commandments.   No works, no justification - no justification, no salvation.

We as believers are commanded to "be holy", because our "deeds" will be judged on the Last Day:

“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, be HOLY yourselves in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘YOU SHALL BE HOLY, for I am holy’.  And if you invoke as Father Him who judges each one impartially according to his DEEDS, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.”  (1Peter 1:15-17)

Amen, as for as the scriptures, but have you looked at the context of the OP ?, after reading Romans 3:1-31, when Paul asked the question in Romans 3:31 at the first question, "Do we then make void the law through faith" ? and he goes on to say, yea, we establish the law.

Law simply brings a sure knowledge of sin. Because by the works of the law, no flesh will be justified in his sight. For through the law comes the knowledge of sin. wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin. Romans 3:20

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Unless God is the author we will never possess righteousness. Righeousness is being acceptable to God as made possible by God. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

God Forbid: Yea, We Establish the Law. Every born-again believer is obligated to obey and fulfil the laws of God, but because WE ARE saved

What if we don't obey and fulfil the laws of God - are we still saved?

When an unsaved (non-Christian) person sins, they are held responsible by God as their eternal Judge (Revelation Twenty:10-15).

Rev 20:10-15 says the "dead" are judged, meaning everyone who has ever died.  It doesn't say anything about only the "unsaved" being judged. 

On 1/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, Justin Adams said:

For those who BELIEVE, they are in The First Resurrection. Very simple, uncomplicated and a THOROUGH work of God alone. We bring NOTHING to the table except our BELIEVING LOYALTY to the One True God.

Your comment seems to contain a contradiction:  You say our salvation is the "work of God alone", but then you say we must have faith to be saved?  If we must have faith to be saved, then we our salvation is not the "work of God alone".  Perhaps you are confusing our redemption with our salvation.  The suffering and death of Jesus on the Cross alone is not what saves us, otherwise everyone who has ever lived would be saved.