IGNORED

If you have the ability to discern spirits will you always see them?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I always thought for those that have the gift to discern spirits they either have experiences with the super natural at a young age or they just see them in the spirtual realm. 

I wonder can you still discern spirits without seeing spirits?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

16 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I always thought for those that have the gift to discern spirits they either have experiences with the super natural at a young age or they just see them in the spirtual realm. 

You see spirits? What kind of spirits?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Some who are or were involved in the deliverance ministry have reported seeing shadowy like beings when casting out evil spirits on occasion, but this is not the norm in every case. In fact, it's quite rare. Was there a certain concern about this in particular?  

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Some who are or were involved in the deliverance ministry have reported seeing shadowy like beings when casting out evil spirits on occasion, but this is not the norm in every case. In fact, it's quite rare. Was there a certain concern about this in particular?  

Kind of. Im just a bit confused.. Ill just ask God abt eveeything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,199
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I don't think its to see evil spirits... I think one could. Its seeing in the spirit lol Like "And Elisha prayed, "Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!" 

I believe it would always be for good to help ..points to Christ and where GOD would always get the glory. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TheBlade said:

I don't think its to see evil spirits... I think one could. Its seeing in the spirit lol Like "And Elisha prayed, "Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!" 

I believe it would always be for good to help ..points to Christ and where GOD would always get the glory. 

Ah i see okay.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Figure, we can discern a number of very certain things from the Biblical descriptions of the gifts of the Spirit.  The clearest treatment of the subject in the Word is found in 1st Corinthians chapters 12 thru 14.  

Generally speaking:

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.

And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.

There are 9 specifically identified "gifts of the Spirit" of which  discerning of spirits is one.  But He  seems careful to warn us not to assume too much about  how they operate.  Different gifts, as well as different ways the gifts will be administered, and different ways they will operate.  I kinda hear Him saying "Don't put Me in a box.....I might surprise you"

I think it  is possible that He might manifest the discerning of spirits in a visual way.  But I don't think He's limited to that, and my  own experience with the gift has never been visual.  "differences of ministries" leaves room for more than one application.  Is He talking about becoming aware of the presence and activity of evil spirits, angels, or discerning the condition of a human spirit?  I think the answer is "yes"  :)  All of those are potential manifestations of the gift of discerning of spirits.

He can use any born again believer to  display any  of His gifts through, any  time He chooses, any way He likes.  They are literally aspects of His own nature and ability, shared by  His choice with  whoever He wills, when walking  in those gifts is  necessary for the advancement of the Kingdom.  If we believe :) .

Pray about it, be open and available.  He will teach.

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Edited by Jostler
  • Well Said! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Discerning spirits....It's more about having an inward sense about a person or a place.   @Figure of eighty

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I do believe you can discern spirits without actually needing to see them....   especially the dark ones for they emanate something that some people can pick up on....   I don't think I ever researched the Bible concerning it.   I stopped seeing them when God told me to stay away from them and they away from me....    I don't think people see them unless God has some reason for it to happen....    but that's just some experience on my own part and not anything scriptural I am aware of.    The people I remember in the Bible that saw both good and bad spirits did so because the Lord had a reason for them to.

I have seen some thing that resemble them when taking Percocet for pain but I think that was just in my own mind....   and I refuse to take that drug any longer for any reason.

• This is Worthy 1

20 minutes ago, Debp said:

Discerning spirits....It's more about having an inward sense about a person or a place.   @Figure of eighty

Ah ok. I think i may have this if its described like that then.

• Thumbs Up 1