IGNORED

If you have the ability to discern spirits will you always see them?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, other one said:

I do believe you can discern spirits without actually needing to see them....   especially the dark ones for they emanate something that some people can pick up on....   I don't think I ever researched the Bible concerning it.   I stopped seeing them when God told me to stay away from them and they away from me....    I don't think people see them unless God has some reason for it to happen....    but that's just some experience on my own part and not anything scriptural I am aware of.    The people I remember in the Bible that saw both good and bad spirits did so because the Lord had a reason for them to.

I have seen some thing that resemble them when taking Percocet for pain but I think that was just in my own mind....   and I refuse to take that drug any longer for any reason.

I had to take percocet for my c section. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

hydrocodone works as well for me without the hallucinations. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

20 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I always thought for those that have the gift to discern spirits they either have experiences with the super natural at a young age or they just see them in the spirtual realm. 

I wonder can you still discern spirits without seeing spirits?

You often feel it. A sense. For instance the way some write on here, I can tell what spirit they are of quite often. Sometimes it is just bluster or immaturity, yet sometimes there is a sinister agenda or they represent a questionable doctrine. Often, you can talk reasonably and then they really 'show'. After this, I will steer clear mostly because one cannot reason with that kind of inner deception.

I was top troubleshooter and could ALWAYS get to the heart of an issue quickly. I take no credit, it is just the way I was made.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

1 hour ago, other one said:

hydrocodone works as well for me without the hallucinations. 

I've never hallucinated on either for prescribed pain needs. They can cause unusual dream states. Narcotics are typical in this manner. Hydrocodone is approximately half the strength of oxycodone = Percodan/Percocet. Hydrocodone maxes out in milligrams to 10, while Oxycontin goes as high as 160. It's extremely potent at that stage, and used instead of reverting to hydromorphone = Dilaudid.

It's also six times stronger than morphine. All these medications are common in nursing facilities, that's why I'm privy to this information. I'm nosey and ask a lot of questions. And all narcotics induce sleep. I've had the unpleasant experience of a few acquaintances who were heroin addicts in high school. A few came to Jesus and beat the habit. The rest overdosed and passed away. It was really tragic. 

Sorry, I realize this is off-topic. The subject did come up though. :off-topic:

• Loved it! 1

7 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I've never hallucinated on either for prescribed pain needs. They can cause unusual dream states. Narcotics are typical in this manner. Hydrocodone is approximately half the strength of oxycodone = Percodan/Percocet. Hydrocodone maxes out in milligrams to 10, while Oxycontin goes as high as 160. It's extremely potent at that stage, and used instead of reverting to hydromorphone = Dilaudid.

It's also six times stronger than morphine. All these medications are common in nursing facilities, that's why I'm privy to this information. I'm nosey and ask a lot of questions. And all narcotics induce sleep. I've had the unpleasant experience of a few acquaintances who were heroin addicts in high school. A few came to Jesus and beat the habit. The rest overdosed and passed away. It was really tragic. 

Sorry, I realize this is off-topic. The subject did come up though. :off-topic:

I never hallucinated either. My aunt was telling me it was super addictive to the point some people injure themselves to get it. Luckily they gave me an upset stomach so I stopped taking them. 

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

I visited a church that a friend invited me to and during the service I was experiencing lustful thoughts and feelings....i was very disturbed by it. After the service the thoughts and feelings left and while I was driving home and I asked God...Father what was THAT all about? He said I was discerning the spirit of lust within the church. Shortly after I learned the pastor was having an affair with a married woman from that church. He was married also, and not long after that voth marriages ended up in divorce and the pastor openly began a relationship with this woman....needless to say the church closed its doors 6 months later. It caused such a division amongst the members that over half of them left and those who stayed were mortgaging property and all kind of things to keep the bills paid....and some even got bound up with lust in their flesh as well.

So it has been ever since...when I am around someone I can feel the spirit operating in them whether good or bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

If a Christian has been filled with the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in other tongues, then it is quite possible that said individual could have the gift of discernment. This doesn't mean that it "their gift," because I have personally felt something being off with people on a spiritually level, while I wouldn't necessarily classify myself as having the gift of discernment. 

Does that mean it isn't a gift of the Spirit that God's given me? Of course it doesn't. 

Will a believer always had said gift? Well, that's quite difficult for me to pinpoint. I'd have to know precisely what you're referring to in terms of "always". Just because God has given a Christian a certain gift doesn't always mean that said individual will always walk in or practice the gift entrusted with them. They might not press forward with said gift out of fear, or it quite simply might not be intended for them to act on.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 1/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I always thought for those that have the gift to discern spirits they either have experiences with the super natural at a young age or they just see them in the spirtual realm. 

I wonder can you still discern spirits without seeing spirits?

Discernment is not about seeing something. It is feeling in your spirit and knowing whether something is right or wrong. This is not a resident type of gift (like preaching, teaching). It does not mean a person can have this gift and can discern something every time. It depends on operation of Holy Spirit and when God wants the gift to be operative.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  06/12/1968

I can discern when something isn't right but i don't see spirits when I do this. It's more on a personal level sometimes. I hear voices but it has nothing to do with the spirits.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:16 AM, ravindran said:

Discernment is not about seeing something. It is feeling in your spirit and knowing whether something is right or wrong. This is not a resident type of gift (like preaching, teaching). It does not mean a person can have this gift and can discern something every time. It depends on operation of Holy Spirit and when God wants the gift to be operative.

Ok this helps alot.