IGNORED

The Face of God

Reading Genesis 33 verse 10. 

Jacob meeting Esau again after robbing him of his birthright. The power of humility and true repentance, all pride cast aside, resulted in his brother forgetting his rage and embracing him. All fear replaced by love. It is one of the most moving scenes in the old testament. 

As Jacob says, it felt like Seeing the face of God to have this gift of forgiveness. 

I think that is fantastic! The power of forgiveness brings us close to God and in harmony with His will. I forgave someone recently for a huge amount of pain they had inflicted on me. The resulting peace between us is priceless. 

Has anyone here experienced similar? 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Those forgiven may keep hating. Did u experience it ?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I think that is fantastic! The power of forgiveness brings us close to God and in harmony with His will. I forgave someone recently for a huge amount of pain they had inflicted on me. The resulting peace between us is priceless. 

Yes, and I'd like to share it with you. 

Back when I was almost twenty five, I was at my best friend's apartment one night. I met a younger lady there for the first time and we seemed to really seemed to be attracted to one another. We lingered over conversation until late, and when it was time for her to go, I offered to walk her down the stairs and see her to her car. 

We talked some more for a time and the sparks kept lively. Before getting ready to leave, I got my bravery up and kissed her good night. I'm usually not this forward at all, but decided to take a chance. It was received and she kissed me back. Then all of a sudden, I saw stars and blacked out for a few seconds. What happened?

Apparently, a couple of thugs snuck up behind us and clubbed both of on the head with tremendous force. When I came to, the other guy took my me around the neck with one arm, and out of the corner of my eye a knife clicked open and the flash of the blade shown in the streetlight. Oh man, this dude was gonna cut me seriously! 

Seeing the knife aim towards my stomach, I put my hand in a fist and placed my arm in front of my waist. If not, I would have ended up more wounded than the deep gash on the upper side of my head. So, it grazed over my wrist and the blade went deeply enough to expose some major veins. I then pulled away from his grip to get away. 

Meanwhile, my friend heard the commotion down stairs, and came running to our aid. These guys had started to drag the young lady off, and Lord knows what they had plans to do. You get the idea. I was still too stunned from being hit in the head to fully comprehend what was really going on, but my friend told me about it later. 

Anyway, the guys dropped the young lady on the sidewalk and took off. My friend was shouting so loudly it made them run in fear. Both of us were helped back upstairs and assessed our damage. My head had a deep wound and open, but the wrist wasn't too badly cut. The young lady ended up with a goose egg sized bump on her head.

The police came and took a report, but of course having no facial description, they had little to go on for a capture. I ended up in the emergency with twelve stitches on my head, and eight on my wrist. The young lady wasn't too badly hurt to seek medical attention. We both stayed in touch for a bit, but she called it off some time later. 

The guys were suspected gang members and they weren't as common in the late 1970's as they are now. Even though I knew it was right to forgive them for what had happened, hatred continued to fill my heart unto an near rage. It seemed I couldn't shake this no matter how hard I tried. These guys could have killed both of us. 

Then sometime later the next year or so, I was at an evangelistic rally back towards the end row. Towards the aisle seating were two guys that looked like the gang banger type, and wonder what in the world these guys were doing there. Again, hatred seethed within me and could hardly stand the fact they were there. Something happened. 

These guys began raising their hands in worship and adoration. Oh man, my heart melted right then and there. How could I hate them for what they may have appeared to be? Maybe they had been thugs, I don't know. But in my soul, I told the Lord, "I cannot hate these men... I just can't." That was true forgiveness like no other I've had. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

edit post/delete 

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, and I'd like to share it with you. 

Back when I was almost twenty five, I was at my best friend's apartment one night. I met a younger lady there for the first time and we seemed to really seemed to be attracted to one another. We lingered over conversation until late, and when it was time for her to go, I offered to walk her down the stairs and see her to her car. 

We talked some more for a time and the sparks kept lively. Before getting ready to leave, I got my bravery up and kissed her good night. I'm usually not this forward at all, but decided to take a chance. It was received and she kissed me back. Then all of a sudden, I saw stars and blacked out for a few seconds. What happened?

Apparently, a couple of thugs snuck up behind us and clubbed both of on the head with tremendous force. When I came to, the other guy took my me around the neck with one arm, and out of the corner of my eye a knife clicked open and the flash of the blade shown in the streetlight. Oh man, this dude was gonna cut me seriously! 

Seeing the knife aim towards my stomach, I put my hand in a fist and placed my arm in front of my waist. If not, I would have ended up more wounded than the deep gash on the upper side of my head. So, it grazed over my wrist and the blade went deeply enough to expose some major veins. I then pulled away from his grip to get away. 

Meanwhile, my friend heard the commotion down stairs, and came running to our aid. These guys had started to drag the young lady off, and Lord knows what they had plans to do. You get the idea. I was still too stunned from being hit in the head to fully comprehend what was really going on, but my friend told me about it later. 

Anyway, the guys dropped the young lady on the sidewalk and took off. My friend was shouting so loudly it made them run in fear. Both of us were helped back upstairs and assessed our damage. My head had a deep wound and open, but the wrist wasn't too badly cut. The young lady ended up with a goose egg sized bump on her head.

The police came and took a report, but of course having no facial description, they had little to go on for a capture. I ended up in the emergency with twelve stitches on my head, and eight on my wrist. The young lady wasn't too badly hurt to seek medical attention. We both stayed in touch for a bit, but she called it off some time later. 

The guys were suspected gang members and they weren't as common in the late 1970's as they are now. Even though I knew it was right to forgive them for what had happened, hatred continued to fill my heart unto an near rage. It seemed I couldn't shake this no matter how hard I tried. These guys could have killed both of us. 

Then sometime later the next year or so, I was at an evangelistic rally back towards the end row. Towards the aisle seating were two guys that looked like the gang banger type, and wonder what in the world these guys were doing there. Again, hatred seethed within me and could hardly stand the fact they were there. Something happened. 

These guys began raising their hands in worship and adoration. Oh man, my heart melted right then and there. How could I hate them for what they may have appeared to be? Maybe they had been thugs, I don't know. But in my soul, I told the Lord, "I cannot hate these men... I just can't." That was true forgiveness like no other I've had. 

That is such a frightening experience. Such appalling violence, what is uglier than physical assault?. From a place if such darkness to the incredible peace and light of forgiveness is amazing. Our God works miracles. Thank you so much for your story. 

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

That is such a frightening experience. Such appalling violence, what is uglier than physical assault?. From a place if such darkness to the incredible peace and light of forgiveness is amazing. Our God works miracles. Thank you so much for your story.  

You're welcome, Melinda. This was probably the most traumatic experience I've ever had. This, and several other things I've shared on WCF, are some of the contributing factors for PTSD. I must apologize for the quality of my composing the incident, as it was written in haste. Kinda sloppy really, and it could have been better quality if time had permitted. This is something that had been meant to be posted for a while, and finally the opportunity came about. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/3/2020 at 10:14 AM, Melinda12 said:

No, I guess not me anyway. 

I did learn to ask God to forgive my own trespasses and to forgive those that trespass  upon me. I believe God answers prayer. But can't say there have been any great burdens put on me by others, nor me onto others, far as I know. I do take seriously the thinking on it especially because I think it is part of the Lord's supper ( communion ) preparation, but it is not something I dwell upon as part of my own life's adventure.

Maybe I lead a simple life, don't know. I just don't much worry about "stuff" of this life all that much for it is what it is and it's all gonna burn away anyway.

I try to shoot for the joy  of positive reinforcements ( do's) and  suspect that keeps me from suffering sadder emotion under the negative (don'ts) ones.

Maybe I just forget easily. I am content in the day at hand.

11 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

You're welcome, Melinda. This was probably the most traumatic experience I've ever had. This, and several other things I've shared on WCF, are some of the contributing factors for PTSD. I must apologize for the quality of my composing the incident, as it was written in haste. Kinda sloppy really, and it could have been better quality if time had permitted. This is something that had been meant to be posted for a while, and finally the opportunity came about. 

Was perfectly well written, i would rather read that which is genuine and from the heart than perfectly composed. Physical violence is the most horrifying and ugly of all things, i cannot bear even the thought. Because long ago as a child i had to helplessly witness it between my parents. My father was a nasty volatile man. Now he is an old man with dementia, i have forgiven him through asking for help from God. The resultant peace is wonderful. 

Edited by Melinda12

2 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Because long ago as a child i had to helplessly witness it between my parents.

Yes, the same occurred when I was a young boy. It was the first of my post traumatic shock disorders.