IGNORED

Is it okay to lie in my situation? Should I confess and tell the truth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, this is true. Antipsychotic meds like Risperdal and Zyprexa can also cause some undesirable withdrawals as well. Medically controlled mood swings and depression can occur when you don't take them accordingly. If they are needed, one should continue to take them as prescribed.  

If you go off of those meds suddenly it can be a disaster. You could go into withdrawals. Some who are on high doses and have been taking them for years may never be able to get off of them. Do your research and be very, very careful before starting up those medications. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

For the original question of this post. If you are having problems with lying then realise that you do not have to lie but that instead you can just not say so much.

Be clever by finding a way to not lie when you speak e.g. if a dodgy looking stranger asks you your name then look at your watch and say its already so and so time and I must be going as truly you must be going as they are a dodgy looking stranger.

You should always be honest and change your ways if you have eaten a massive bar of chocolate all to yourself though ??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 1/3/2020 at 4:55 PM, Alec2 said:

Hello, I came here to mostly talk about this problem I have because you seem like people I can trust.

First, I believe that Jesus Christ literally was the son of God made flesh, and he literally rose from the dead after being crucified.

In 2017 I had a nervous breakdown and a psychotic episode. That was the only time in my life that I have suffered from elongated psychotic episode, otherwise I have had a roughly normal view of reality. I was put into a psych ward and forced to take meds. If I didn't want to take meds, the nurses would bind my hands and force me to take them via injection.

After I was released from the psych ward, I was forced to move to a housing unit with employees guarding that the inhabitants live properly, take meds, and don't do anything out of line. I still live there. When I came to this housing unit they would give me medicine by injection, but the medicine made me feel utterly terrible, so terrible that I even made some feeble half-serious attempts at suicide a few times. The doctor said that under no condition can I stop taking medicine.

So I persuaded the doctor to switch to oral medicine. And since that point I have lied to the doctor and the employees about taking that medicine, even though I have taken it far less, or often not at all. The employees have power over my life, so I've been afraid about what they would do if they found out the truth.

I don't think I'm insane. I had the psychotic episode in the fall of 2017, but anything like that had never happened before that or has never happened ever since that. Atheists consider strong belief in literal, actual God and Christ to be peculiar, and lately I've been having doubts whether Earth is really 4.5 billion years old as some scientists say, but those are the only beliefs that are different from many other people.

Both of my parents have said that I should never tell them the truth, especially my mother who has been very adamant about that.

Should I tell the truth?

You absolutely need to find a different doctor to tell the truth to, one who can safely monitor you while you're off drugs that could prevent you from death!

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, Alec2 said:

Should I tell the truth?

Always tell the truth no matter what, to keep lying someone has to have a good memory.