IGNORED

Is it okay to lie in my situation? Should I confess and tell the truth?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I came here to mostly talk about this problem I have because you seem like people I can trust.

First, I believe that Jesus Christ literally was the son of God made flesh, and he literally rose from the dead after being crucified.

In 2017 I had a nervous breakdown and a psychotic episode. That was the only time in my life that I have suffered from elongated psychotic episode, otherwise I have had a roughly normal view of reality. I was put into a psych ward and forced to take meds. If I didn't want to take meds, the nurses would bind my hands and force me to take them via injection.

After I was released from the psych ward, I was forced to move to a housing unit with employees guarding that the inhabitants live properly, take meds, and don't do anything out of line. I still live there. When I came to this housing unit they would give me medicine by injection, but the medicine made me feel utterly terrible, so terrible that I even made some feeble half-serious attempts at suicide a few times. The doctor said that under no condition can I stop taking medicine.

So I persuaded the doctor to switch to oral medicine. And since that point I have lied to the doctor and the employees about taking that medicine, even though I have taken it far less, or often not at all. The employees have power over my life, so I've been afraid about what they would do if they found out the truth.

I don't think I'm insane. I had the psychotic episode in the fall of 2017, but anything like that had never happened before that or has never happened ever since that. Atheists consider strong belief in literal, actual God and Christ to be peculiar, and lately I've been having doubts whether Earth is really 4.5 billion years old as some scientists say, but those are the only beliefs that are different from many other people.

Both of my parents have said that I should never tell them the truth, especially my mother who has been very adamant about that.

Should I tell the truth?

Edited by Alec2
  • Praying! 2

Also, I can move out when I want to, but otherwise this has been a pretty good and safe place to live. I'm just considering whether I should tell them the truth before or after I move out, or possibly never like my mother wants.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am not sure you should lie about it, but foolish to offer the information if not specifically asked about it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I back up what other one has posted. If they do ask, tell the truth, but don't tell them what they don't need to know.

Thank you for the advice other one and Galleon, I'll try to do that. Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Alec2 said:

Hello, I came here to mostly talk about this problem I have because you seem like people I can trust.

First, I believe that Jesus Christ literally was the son of God made flesh, and he literally rose from the dead after being crucified.

In 2017 I had a nervous breakdown and a psychotic episode. That was the only time in my life that I have suffered from elongated psychotic episode, otherwise I have had a roughly normal view of reality. I was put into a psych ward and forced to take meds. If I didn't want to take meds, the nurses would bind my hands and force me to take them via injection.

After I was released from the psych ward, I was forced to move to a housing unit with employees guarding that the inhabitants live properly, take meds, and don't do anything out of line. I still live there. When I came to this housing unit they would give me medicine by injection, but the medicine made me feel utterly terrible, so terrible that I even made some feeble half-serious attempts at suicide a few times. The doctor said that under no condition can I stop taking medicine.

So I persuaded the doctor to switch to oral medicine. And since that point I have lied to the doctor and the employees about taking that medicine, even though I have taken it far less, or often not at all. The employees have power over my life, so I've been afraid about what they would do if they found out the truth.

I don't think I'm insane. I had the psychotic episode in the fall of 2017, but anything like that had never happened before that or has never happened ever since that. Atheists consider strong belief in literal, actual God and Christ to be peculiar, and lately I've been having doubts whether Earth is really 4.5 billion years old as some scientists say, but those are the only beliefs that are different from many other people.

Both of my parents have said that I should never tell them the truth, especially my mother who has been very adamant about that.

Should I tell the truth?

Always....always tell the truth no matter how much it hurts. 

21 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Hello @Alec2. From what I gather you were committed into the care of these people via a court order (involuntarily committed); you're in a residential treatment program. I hope you understand that zipping your lips (or telling the truth) might not even matter if your caregiver orders lab work, my friend. I'm not aware of your diagnosis nor have you revealed the medication which is having such terrible effects upon you, so my counsel is rather limited I'm afraid. 

Yes, it would probably be called something like that in English. We have planned with my caregivers that I'm going to move out within several months, I have severe doubt that they will order such lab work before that because they haven't done so before during my 2-year stay. My diagnosis is schizophrenia, for whatever that's worth, neither my family or me believe that. The medication is olanzapine or Zyprexa, which I'm not currently taking, and which I have taken very little over the past 2 years.

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Always....always tell the truth no matter how much it hurts. 

Are you saying that I should go out of my way to tell the truth, or tell the truth if the employees ask about it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 hours ago, Alec2 said:

Hi Alec,

Wow, brother. I'm tremendously sorry this occurred in your life. But, allow me to share this. Because of the threat of suicide, that did take away numerous rights that you would ordinarily would have. In a nursing facility such as I'm currently in, a resident I and everyone here has the right to refuse any treatment or medication. It's the law, plain and simple. There's no disputing that. 

When first coming here, I was still attempting to come to from a 30 day period of a coma. When I came out of it, they were forcing me to take the antipsychotic medication = Zyprexa, and it was causing tardive dyskinesia*. I was spazzing out all over the place and completely delirious as a result. I wasn't thinking cognizantly and absolutely confused. The medication was the culprit. 

At one point, I'd had enough of it and said so. The nursing staff have to by law make this statement to you at a time you turn down a medical regimen, "Are you saying you're refusing this?" At the point you reply, "yes" they have to abide by your decision. This is how it works and you have a right to this without expected reprisals. Thank God I did this. Had I not, the side effect of the Zyprexa could have been permanent. 

But, when you become committed to a psychiatric ward due to a suicidal threat or attempt, these rights go right out the window. The state psych techs can enforce a reasonable amount of diagnosed medication and restriction on your activities, and many other things you had prior to being placed in such a facility. I hope by now things have been turned around for you, and eventually have the freedom back as before. God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles  

Tardive dyskinesia* - Wikipedia

Tardive dyskinesia (TD) is a disorder that results in involuntary, repetitive body movements. This may include grimacing, sticking out the tongue, or smacking the lips. Additionally there may be rapid jerking movements or slow writhing movements. In about 20% of people, decreased functioning results.
Tardive dyskinesia occurs in some people as a result of long-term use of neuroleptic medications (antipsychotics, metoclopramide). These medications are usually used for mental illness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia

Tardive dyskinesia* - And other drugs that can cause TD include

• Metoclopramide (treats stomach problem called gastroparesis).
  • Antidepressant drugs such as amitriptyline, fluoxetine, phenelzine, sertraline, trazodone.
  • Antiparkinson drugs such as levodopa.
  • Antiseizure drugs such as phenobarbital and phenytoin.
  • Antipsychotic drugs such as zyprexa and risperdal.
Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Hi Alec,

Wow, brother. I'm tremendously sorry this occurred in your life. But, allow me to share this. Because of the threat of suicide, that did take away numerous rights that you would ordinarily would have. In a nursing facility such as I'm currently in, a resident I and everyone here has the right to refuse any treatment or medication. It's the law, plain and simple. There's no disputing that. 

When first coming here, I was still attempting to come to from a 30 day period of a coma. When I came out of it, they were forcing me to take the antipsychotic medication = Zyprexa, and it was causing tardive dyskinesia*. I was spazzing out all over the place and completely delirious as a result. I wasn't thinking cognizantly and absolutely confused. The medication was the culprit. 

At one point, I'd had enough of it and said so. The nursing staff have to by law make this statement to you at a time you turn down a medical regimen, "Are you saying you're refusing this?" At the point you reply, "yes" they have to abide by your decision. This is how it works and you have a right to this without expected reprisals. Thank God I did this. Had I not, the side effect of the Zyprexa could have been permanent. 

But, when you become committed to a psychiatric ward due to a suicidal threat or attempt, these rights go right out the window. The state psych techs can enforce a reasonable amount of diagnosed medication and restriction on your activities, and many other things you had prior to being placed in such a facility. I hope by now things have been turned around for you, and eventually have the freedom back as before. God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles  

Tardive dyskinesia* - Wikipedia

Tardive dyskinesia (TD) is a disorder that results in involuntary, repetitive body movements. This may include grimacing, sticking out the tongue, or smacking the lips. Additionally there may be rapid jerking movements or slow writhing movements. In about 20% of people, decreased functioning results.
Tardive dyskinesia occurs in some people as a result of long-term use of neuroleptic medications (antipsychotics, metoclopramide). These medications are usually used for mental illness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia

Tardive dyskinesia* - And other drugs that can cause TD include

• Metoclopramide (treats stomach problem called gastroparesis).
  • Antidepressant drugs such as amitriptyline, fluoxetine, phenelzine, sertraline, trazodone.
  • Antiparkinson drugs such as levodopa.
  • Antiseizure drugs such as phenobarbital and phenytoin.
  • Antipsychotic drugs such as zyprexa and risperdal.

Hello David,

Thank you for your kind words, and it's relieving to know that others have been through something similar as I. And yes, the suicidal threats were unfortunate, but I must say that I wasn't a Christian back then even though I was reading through the Bible for the first time and was heavily considering Christianity, but I still had strong doubts during the time of those threats. Knowing what I know now, I would never do anything similar again because I consider intentionally harming oneself as bad as harming others.

By the way, Alec is not my real name. I'm not willing to reveal my real name at this time.

I'm sure everything will turn out fine, my current situation is good all things considered especially compared to what it was 2-3 years ago.

Bless you.

• Loved it! 1