IGNORED

May I Confess My Sin Here So That I May Be Healed?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

Staring in November 2017 I started swearing really bad. Or cursing, cussing, whatever the correct term is. I was in a legal dispute with a Christian organization and I ended up cursing everybody out through email, including my own pastor who was just trying to help. 

I’m talking about using the F word and every other word I could think of. A-holes seemed to be one of my favorites.

Prior to that, I had spent twenty years avoiding movies that were rated R because I could not stand to hear a single F word. I would ask relatives to please not cuss around me. I was not judging them, I was just easily offended by it. Now, after twenty years, I’m struggling to stop. It only occurs when I get extremely scared or extremely angry.

Aside from being disobedient to God’s Word that says “let no corrupt word come out of your mouth,” I’m traumatizing my kids. The cursing episodes are few and far between, but my kids  are used to a very sweet and calm Mother who teaches them Bible lessons everyday. Now I’m cursing like a sailor, once the cursing starts.

One time last year we were in public and I got scared when I saw a man that I thought looked  threatening.   I said the F word in front of my kids, which shocked them and me.

A few days ago my daughter was viewing things on the Internet (not anything sexual) that I didn’t approve of and she told me that it was no big deal. I snapped and started cursing. Very, very badly and she started to cry.

Confession over. 

James 5:16 English Standard Version (ESV)

16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.[a]

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Praying! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,702
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have to ask why your even in a legal dispute with a church? The Bible says not to take a brother or sister to court. Perhaps that is more akin to the actual problem, and the cursing just a symptom.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

I have to ask why your even in a legal dispute with a church? The Bible says not to take a brother or sister to court. Perhaps that is more akin to the actual problem, and the cursing just a symptom.

I was not taking anyone to court. I came forward about sexual misconduct and they threatened to put me in prison and sue me. That’s over so I won’t get into those details, I’m just concerned about the after effects.

I’ve never heard a Christian go from being devout to  speaking the way that I have spoken and I am deeply concerned about it.

Here is  an example of them threatening me. I will delete it soon and not post any other screen shots. But just wanted to give an idea of how ugly the dispute was.

B98ABD47-F4DF-4532-AB07-4DB966480777.png

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,702
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

well, stress can often bring out the negative aspects of our lives. Its not an excuse, but it is understandable. I will be praying for you. Sorry I misjudged the situation. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

Staring in November 2017 I started swearing really bad. Or cursing, cussing, whatever the correct term is. I was in a legal dispute with a Christian organization and I ended up cursing everybody out through email, including my own pastor who was just trying to help. 

I’m talking about using the F word and every other word I could think of. A-holes seemed to be one of my favorites.

Prior to that, I had spent twenty years avoiding movies that were rated R because I could not stand to hear a single F word. I would ask relatives to please not cuss around me. I was not judging them, I was just easily offended by it. Now, after twenty years, I’m struggling to stop. It only occurs when I get extremely scared or extremely angry.

Aside from being disobedient to God’s Word that says “let no corrupt word come out of your mouth,” I’m traumatizing my kids. The cursing episodes are few and far between, but my kids  are used to a very sweet and calm Mother who teaches them Bible lessons everyday. Now I’m cursing like a sailor, once the cursing starts.

One time last year we were in public and I got scared when I saw a man that I thought looked  threatening.   I said the F word in front of my kids, which shocked them and me.

A few days ago my daughter was viewing things on the Internet (not anything sexual) that I didn’t approve of and she told me that it was no big deal. I snapped and started cursing. Very, very badly and she started to cry.

Confession over. 

16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.[a]

Hi Renee. I have done the same, sometimes. I used to curse like a sailor before I was saved, but I still fall back from time to time. Perhaps you might want to, if you have not already done so, share with your children that everyone occasionally loses patience, gets angry, and does things that saddens God. Pray with them and help them to see by your actions that you are repentant before a loving God. It might even be a time to help them pray with you about the things they may want to confess as they turn to Him. You can make this a beautiful learning experience that can help all of you be accountable to each other. :)

Edited by Coliseum
  • Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,212
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

If it were me I would do this with a believer i knew or the like. The word also says to confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He died rose already PRAISE GOD! So by His strips you were healed. OT they just looked at the bronze snake and were healed.

Song playing what a friend we have in Jesus. Jesus is real. What He started in you He will finish. Were in a fallen world. We ALL have this battle. Christ already won. We lean on, hold on, run to follow Him.. on and on. Give it to HIM! Jesus is REAL!  We need to go to the ones we hurt and ask them to forgive us. Sometimes we can't ..most of all forgive ourselves. So put those hands up or how ever you want and praise Him! For you have no clue as to all the WONDERS He is going to be doing in your life! Faith.. trust Him. He is the ONLY ONE that will never ever let you done. So many promises in His word that HE WILL DO.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

13 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

If it were me I would do this with a believer i knew or the like.

I did and they quoted this verse to me:

Matthew 12:34 King James Version (KJV)

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

54 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

You can make this a beautiful learning experience that can help all of you be accountable to each other. :)

This is perfect. Embarrassing and disappointing that I have to do this, but good advice. Thank you.❤️

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,933
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Share happiness n forgiveness, don't share cursed

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Confession over. 

I hope you have confessed your sin to God. It is a bad habit to break. But once you confess this sin God wants you to not cuss again.