• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hello.

I'm struggling alot with evil intrusive thoughts (regarding lust, blasphemy/unbelief/apostasy) sometimes the thoughts seem like my own voice. I get them most when im fearful and negative (like thinking im not going to make it). It's an ungodly fear I know, at first I thought fear was good because it was going to keep me anchored to God but this fear does the opposite.

Sometimes the thoughts come and I'm afraid Ive believed them because it feels like they try to possess my mind, it feels like im caving or have caved in sometimes when they come.  I'm wondering if I should just ignore them or pray for forgiveness? I dont want to be a hypocrite and say I havent thought-sinned/sinned greatly if I have but im bothered about asking for forgiveness because its like owning the thoughts (Im afraid of thinking of owning these thoughts) and saying theyre mine or that ive believed them and if i own it im afraid it will only water down my spiritual defenses because they happen quite often, so instead I only pray for help and try blocking the thoughts out as soon as I can and try forgetting about them (wether ive caved in to them or not). Should I ask for forgiveness? Like "Lord forgive me for my foolish/wicked thoughts, please help me" or is just blocking them out asap and just praying for help suffice?

strong rebuke is welcome

Edited by F_Ivan
  • Praying! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Many people have unwanted intrusive thoughts.  In most cases it is an attack of the enemy to derail us and our intentions to witness.  They come against us to rob us of our love joy and peace, as the enemy comes to lie, steal and destroy.  We should not entertain those thoughts but a strong "get behind me satan" might help.   "Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Unchecked Copy Box Jas 4:7  Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Jas 4:8  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands Jas 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Jas 4:9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Jas 4:10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

F. Ivan, my question to you is, have you surrendered your life to Jesus, repented from your former lifestyle, surrendered your will to Him. Sometimes we can come to believing in Jesus as a "passive" believer, and not asked for forgiveness of sins. Thinking you can just continue in  changing and following The Lord in your own strength. This of course will not work for you and gives the enemy every opportunity to attack your mind. As I don't know the answer to my questions, I await your reply so that we can help you better, God bless.

• Well Said! 1

On 1/4/2020 at 7:37 PM, missmuffet said:

Do you have a mental illness? OCD?

Yes OCD

2 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

The Lord give you rest, my friend. He never turns away from us, not even in our infirmities and affliction!

From You comes my praise in the great assembly;
I shall pay my vows before those who fear Him.
The afflicted will eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
Let your heart live forever! 

(Psalm 22: 25-26)

This is an affliction, @F_Ivan, not the result of terrible conduct on your part.   

Really? I dont think I get these thoughts when im happy. I get them when im fearful/anxious + negative/pessmistic. I dont know if its really OCD even though the doctors say it is. It feels like my mind is very loose and undisciplined. Like I have to force it to be sober and controlled sometimes. It used to wander off into mostly harmless entertaining thoughts (like fashion, UFC, cool things ive seen, etc) now it seems to wander off into disturbing thoughts but maybe thats just my fear and anxiety combined with negativity causing that (usually feel anxious always). 

Sometimes ill sense a disturbing thought coming, like Ill get a feeling of fear and stress and sense a disturbing thought trying to burst open the doors of my mind. It feels like I cave under the pressure and the thought comes to mind at times. It feels like I have some control over it but not really? Its hard to explain. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:02 PM, F_Ivan said:

Hello.

I'm struggling alot with evil intrusive thoughts (regarding lust, blasphemy/unbelief/apostasy) sometimes the thoughts seem like my own voice. I get them most when im fearful and negative (like thinking im not going to make it). It's an ungodly fear I know, at first I thought fear was good because it was going to keep me anchored to God but this fear does the opposite.

Sometimes the thoughts come and I'm afraid Ive believed them because it feels like they try to possess my mind, it feels like im caving or have caved in sometimes when they come.  I'm wondering if I should just ignore them or pray for forgiveness? I dont want to be a hypocrite and say I havent thought-sinned/sinned greatly if I have but im bothered about asking for forgiveness because its like owning the thoughts (Im afraid of thinking of owning these thoughts) and saying theyre mine or that ive believed them and if i own it im afraid it will only water down my spiritual defenses because they happen quite often, so instead I only pray for help and try blocking the thoughts out as soon as I can and try forgetting about them (wether ive caved in to them or not). Should I ask for forgiveness? Like "Lord forgive me for my foolish/wicked thoughts, please help me" or is just blocking them out asap and just praying for help suffice?

strong rebuke is welcome

Hi Ivan,

Heybro showed you what to do - repent. What has happened is that at some time in your life you gave your will to `looking at, hearing, saying` those type of thoughts. Thus spirits have `legal` control over a part of your mind. You have to `legally` take back control from these taunting spirits. Come before the Lord and say, -

"I repent, I renounce ...................` and I give my mind completely to the Lord. He is my Saviour, my Lord and by His precious blood has washed me clean. I surrender my mind to the Lord and declare that any spirits tormenting me have to go in Jesus name."

When those thoughts try to come again then declare that they have no right to be there. Spirits will see if you are serious. So keep at it and they will go.

praying, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ivan,

Heybro showed you what to do - repent. What has happened is that at some time in your life you gave your will to `looking at, hearing, saying` those type of thoughts. Thus spirits have `legal` control over a part of your mind. You have to `legally` take back control from these taunting spirits. Come before the Lord and say, -

"I repent, I renounce ...................` and I give my mind completely to the Lord. He is my Saviour, my Lord and by His precious blood has washed me clean. I surrender my mind to the Lord and declare that any spirits tormenting me have to go in Jesus name."

When those thoughts try to come again then declare that they have no right to be there. Spirits will see if you are serious. So keep at it and they will go.

praying, Marilyn.

Yes I think I have given my will to those kinds of things before I was born again though. As born again I still liked reading dark material or topics at times (hate it now) and yeah I thought of some dark things (NOT thoughts of unbelief/blasphemy/apostasy but bad stuff so I dont know if that counts), dont really want to put effort into remembering it for obvious reasons. I certainly dont do that now though and nor do I want to. I rememeber as a young teenager I would practice "creativity" by completley letting loose of my mind. Yes I've given my will and life to Jesus at my conversion. Prayed the prayer you sent but I stuttered a bit and got tense with thoughts and had to repeat halfway. Hopefully that didn't mess it up. Should I pray that daily? 

Im worried that I might still give my will to it? I dont try to intentionally/premeditatedly think of such things. But like I said the pressure of fear/anxiety is high sometimes and the thoughts come into my head 

Edited by F_Ivan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, F_Ivan said:

Yes OCD

That makes total sense. Do you know that OCD is the doubting disorder?

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That makes total sense. Do you know that OCD is the doubting disorder?

Yes I really doubt myself and my intentions alot specifically which leads me to having OCD about the thoughts I just mentioned.