• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, F_Ivan said:

Yes I really doubt myself and my intentions alot specifically which leads me to having OCD about the thoughts I just mentioned. 

You also probably like to be reassured a lot of the time. OCD thoughts can really be deceiving. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You also probably like to be reassured a lot of the time. OCD thoughts can really be deceiving. 

Yes I do. I like spending time with alot of Christians. Decieving how? Like making you think they are yours?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, F_Ivan said:

Yes I do. I like spending time with alot of Christians. Decieving how? Like making you think they are yours?

They make you think they are real. The thoughts can over take you and cause anxiety. If you can ever get control of those thoughts and tell yourself that it is only your OCD. Pray to God and ask Him to put His healing hands on your brain and quiet your OCD thoughts. I have OCD too. OCD is a form of anxiety. I have really struggled with anxiety. 

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

They make you think they are real. The thoughts can over take you and cause anxiety. If you can ever get control of those thoughts and tell yourself that it is only your OCD. Pray to God and ask Him to put His healing hands on your brain and quiet your OCD thoughts. I have OCD too. OCD is a form of anxiety. I have really struggled with anxiety. 

Yes! I hate owning them, they arent me. I hate how theyre trying to convince me theyre myself. I keep making stupid mistakes out of ungodly fear and anxiety. Thank you

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed a bunch of posts from this thread.  Let's get this started back to the issue at hand.

Ivan, from a practical matter, I believe reading the book -- Victory over darkness can help quite a bit with overcoming anxiety issues.  Whatever "mental" issues you are dealing with ... there is deliverance that can be obtained in Jesus!  I do believe many issues are physical ailments, or mental disorders, that the enemy can then focus upon to exasperate and compound issues.  However, to have true victory over any issues you are dealing with ... you have to start with the understanding of who you TRULY are ... if you are truly BORN AGAIN .... then you are a KING and a PRIEST of the Most High!  

Many of the things Paul spoke of ---

Php 4:6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Php 4:8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
Php 4:9  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. 

There is a Christian doctor, Dr. Caroline Leaf, who studied out the brain physiology and saw the BRAIN actually REWIRE itself by focusing one's thought life.  If you apply Paul's instruction here ... and make it a habit ... you're brain will actually be "reconfigured" so to speak.  

If you're interested in finding out more ...  read a book ... Switch on your BRAIN.

Any of these books, if you cannot afford them @F_Ivan , let me know via Private Message and we'll send them to you as a gift from the ministry!

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, George said:

Dr. Caroline Leaf,

Hah! I'm so glad someone else on here as heard her talk. Very interesting study.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,182
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Psalm 31 King James Version

31 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

Edited by 1to3

13 hours ago, George said:

I removed a bunch of posts from this thread.  Let's get this started back to the issue at hand.

Ivan, from a practical matter, I believe reading the book -- Victory over darkness can help quite a bit with overcoming anxiety issues.  Whatever "mental" issues you are dealing with ... there is deliverance that can be obtained in Jesus!  I do believe many issues are "physical" ailments, or "mental" disorders, that the enemy can then focus upon to exasperate and compound issues.  However, to have true victory over any issues you are dealing with ... you have to start with the understanding of who you TRULY are ... if you are truly BORN AGAIN .... then you are a KING and a PRIEST of the Most High!  

Many of the things Paul spoke of ---

Php 4:6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Php 4:8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
Php 4:9  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. 

There is a Christian doctor, Dr. Caroline Leaf, who studied out the brain physiology and saw the BRAIN actually REWIRE itself by focusing one's thought life.  If you apply Paul's instruction here ... and make it a habit ... you're brain will actually be "reconfigured" so to speak.  

If you're interested in finding out more ...  read a book ... Switch on your BRAIN.

Any of these books, if you cannot afford them @F_Ivan , let me know via Private Message and we'll send them to you as a gift from the ministry!

God bless,

George

Thank you! I can afford it. I don't really know if I'm truly born again which I dont like to admit, its something I really wish I had assurance of. I should be born again according to the promises of John 5:24 and Romans 10:13. My therapist tells me the thoughts come from emotional issues (low self esteem, fear and pessimism) and OCD and the excessive rumination is OCD. I think about salvation anxiety alot. Im trying not to worry about it because worry is a sin I think. The last 2 months ive been worrying all day about condemnation and salvation anxiety, it's something that gives me alot of stress. I dont like bringing up my salvation assurance issues as a quick reply on here because no one here really knows me personally or whats been going on in my life regarding my walk in faith. I think.

I have problems with a slippery mind, sometimes I feel bitter and disillusioned with God because of the condemnation and worry and my mind thinks of thoughts of a rebellious blasphemous unbelieving nature that disturb me and I dont wish to think about. I dont know if its really something in my control, I have some control over the thoughts I guess if I really try but it takes alot of mental effort to get them to not appear (I'll sometimes sense an ugly thought in danger of being brought into my awareness and If I try hard enough to distract myself it sometimes works). Sometimes ill fear ill start havimg bad thoughts and thats when they're more likley to come. I don't know if its also a demonic bondage problem or spiritual warfare. As for it being a forgiveness issue, I try to forgive everyone but sometimes when im feeling low ill get bitter at my mom because ill blame her for who I am since she has similar issues but then I try to remind myself thats not Christ like behavior and that she doesnt do it out of malice, she's just lost (shes an unbeliever currently please pray for her) and also that maybe if I wasnt raised exactly how I was raised I would of never found Jesus maybe. 

Edited by F_Ivan
  • Praying! 1

• Steward

49 minutes ago, F_Ivan said:

Thank you! I can afford it. I don't really know if I'm truly born again which I dont like to admit, its something I really wish I had assurance of. I should be born again according to the promises of John 5:24 and Romans 10:13. My therapist tells me the thoughts come from emotional issues (low self esteem, fear and pessimism) and OCD and the excessive rumination is OCD. I think about salvation anxiety alot. Im trying not to worry about it because worry is a sin I think. The last 2 months ive been worrying all day about condemnation and salvation anxiety, it's something that gives me alot of stress. I dont like bringing up my salvation assurance issues as a quick reply on here because no one here really knows me personally or whats been going on in my life regarding my walk in faith. I think.

Yeah, it's a situation whereby you have to pray through it ... and simply receive the promises of God.  Listen the "struggle" of faith, is something that everyone goes through, and suddenly there's a realization that God does KEEP HIS WORD!  Now, it's a problem of truly receiving it in our hearts, whereby we have total assurance of our salvation.  

For myself, it was a 3 month struggle ... and then I realized as much as I wanted to NOT SIN ... I couldn't stop ... whatever stupid thing it was ... and I realized at that point I couldn't save myself ... nothing I could do ... and I just came to the total realization ... IT's all His Work ... I wept and cried and anguished over my sinful state and then it was like a river of love poured over me and I knew at that moment I was delivered ... I knew I was saved and it wasn't anything that I did, it was his peace that overcame me.

Just take that time ... to really seek Him ... the Bible promises ... "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

God bless you as you seek HIM!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Steward

56 minutes ago, F_Ivan said:

I have problems with a slippery mind, sometimes I feel bitter and disillusioned with God because of the condemnation and worry and my mind thinks of thoughts of a rebellious blasphemous unbelieving nature that disturb me and I dont wish to think about. I dont know if its really something in my control, I have some control over the thoughts I guess if I really try but it takes alot of mental effort to get them to not appear (I'll sometimes sense an ugly thought in danger of being brought into my awareness and If I try hard enough to distract myself it sometimes works). Sometimes ill fear ill start havimg bad thoughts and thats when they're more likley to come. I don't know if its also a demonic bondage problem or spiritual warfare. As for it being a forgiveness issue, I try to forgive everyone but sometimes when im feeling low ill get bitter at my mom because ill blame her for who I am since she has similar issues but then I try to remind myself thats not Christ like behavior and that she doesnt do it out of malice, she's just lost (shes an unbeliever currently please pray for her) and also that maybe if I wasnt raised exactly how I was raised I would of never found Jesus maybe. 

The battle of the mind is something that all believers struggle with ... and something that you have to fight through ... but it's like a rocket taking off from earth ... at first it's really slow and seems like it's not really moving ... as it breaks gravity ... it's soaring!  While we are in orbit so to speak, gravity is always tugging away ... but it's easier to fight the battle if you have broken free from the initial gravitational pull.   Keep on fighting ... the book I recommended, it will reveal who you TRULY are as a believer, and then you will be able to truly fight the battle for your mind!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1