• Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,175
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, F_Ivan said:

Hi Ivan,

Thought you may like this song that I have been singing lately. You could listen to it on the internet. All the best and still praying.

Just a Closer Walk with Thee. 

1 I am weak but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

2 Thro' this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. [Refrain]

3 When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. [Refrain]

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is indeed when His Word 'IS' more real than our own we grow... for nothing created can make God's Word a lie! This is the foundation of Life

Luke 16:27-31

27 "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,  28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'  29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'  30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'  31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.'" 
NKJV  
                          }       this Old Testament Scripture                 {     

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 
NKJV

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 
NKJV

Matt 4:3-4

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
KJV

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I've been being bothered by a particular condemning thought the past month or two that im a selfish reprobate at heart and everything I ask for is for a selfish motive at heart. For example I'll pray to God for mercy and guidance and other spiritual things and thoughts come to me saying I only ask this so I can be saved/brought into a point of salvation or that im only asking it to keep my salvation (Fear of hell basically) (suffer from salvation anxiety alot currently). I suppose its possible being under so much fear and condemnation latley that there might be some aspect of that when I ask but its kind of unavoidable (?). I wish I never entertained such stupid thoughts for so long because the accusations make wonder if its true sometimes and if ive really ruined my heart worrying and ruminating on such things. I pray and hope its not. It makes me feel like I'm blocked off to God in prayer sometimes if I'm only asking out of fear. 

I think it's just my OCD acting up. Thoughts?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, maryjayne said:

It sounds like your OCD. I recommend you finding a portion of scripture about your salvation, maybe Romans 8? and print it out, and when the intrusive thoughts come, dont fight them. Let them happens in the back of your mind. While this is going on, take a couple of slow breaths and read the scripture passage, out loud if you can. 

Our minds are like blackboards. When we write on a blackboard, and then erase it, it can leave a shadow, so that what we write next doesnt fully cover it. OCD is like that. So by breathing and focussing on something else, it helps to overwrite other, good thoughts, and fade out the OCD ones.

Try not to panic when the OCD thoughts come. Let them happen, just like if you have ever had a panic attack. The more you focus on it, the worse it gets. Just let it happen, and read the scripture, as many time as you feel you want to. In a calm and slow manner.

This may be very hard at first, and you may need to do it often, but your mind will learn to change its reaction to the OCD thoughts. You may not be able to stop the thoughts happening, but you will gradually change the way you react to them. Have several different portions of scripture, and select from them to keep your mind fresh.

Some people find the Lords Prayer is also useful for these times. Or write or find some other short prayers you can also read out. Let me know if I can help in any way. This is my field of work. Blessings to you.

Ok I'll just ignore the thoughts and pray to God for mind renewal and freedom from these mental issues. And just try to rest in Gods care and read scripture.