• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Justin,

Let`s look at what God`s word really says -

`....the house of Togarmah from the FAR NORTH and all its troops...` (Ez. 38: 6)

`...Then you (Gog) will come from your place out of the FAR NORTH, you and many peoples with you...` (Ez. 38: 15)

The `FAR NORTH,` in Hebrew is `tsaphon,` meaning hidden, dark, used ONLY as the north as a quarter.

And there is ONLY one nation that is in the FAR NORTH, the northern quarter.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C,

Secular historians have even identified who and where Magog is, as mentioned in my post above.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

On 1/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

Good questions.

A couple of reasons -

1. Ez. 39: 9. `Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons,....and they will make fires with them for 7 years.`

2. Dan.  9: 27. `Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week,` (7 years).

After a war there is always a Peace treaty, covenant etc. Thus after the Russian war there will be a Peace Treaty for 7 years.

regards, Marilyn.

Based on what I've previously mentioned, we seem to be in agreement? I suspect the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion will occur prior to the tribulation? 

On 1/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Joe,

Interesting thoughts. Now I believe the Russian war is just before the tribulation, (a week?) for the Peace Treaty  will be signed straight after it.

Covenant - Hebrew word, `briyth, ` meaning a compact, an agreement, a treaty.

Israel formulates a Peace Treaty, and the Peace negotiator (later A/C) confirms it. He gives the authority for his side, - Iraq, Syria and Jordan, the 3 nations that come under his control. 

The Russian Federation and some others are just their armies. Back in their own countries many others will rise up and form a small army of their nation. Actually it is 5/6th of those armies that get annihilated, so a remnant left. (Ez. 39: 2 KJ)

Marilyn.

Hello again Marilyn!

Along the same lines, about the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel:

Daniel 9:27 (KJV) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Confirming a covenant doesn't rule out Antichrist writing it himself of course but, the language indicates to me he authorizes and approves an existing peace plan? Of course it's yet to be seen to know for sure. If this thought is correct, and given the end times we are living, do we see any possible precursors or acceptable proposals on the table? Apparently Trump has had success reaching a peace plan acceptable to Israel and a couple of major Muslim nations. Trump was suppose to release the details of this peace plan a long time ago. To my knowledge, not a peep of what's in it has been publicized as of yet? I find the delay pretty suspicious and irregular.

Could this 'art of the deal maker' and his accepted proposal by some of the major Islamic parties, be the one, or a blueprint of the one the Antichrist will confirm with Israel and the many?

As time passes the half dark glass seems to be clearing up a bit... Interesting conversation.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hello again Marilyn!

Along the same lines, about the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel:

Daniel 9:27 (KJV) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Confirming a covenant doesn't rule out Antichrist writing it himself of course but, the language indicates to me he authorizes and approves an existing peace plan? Of course it's yet to be seen to know for sure. If this thought is correct, and given the end times we are living, do we see any possible precursors or acceptable proposals on the table? Apparently Trump has had success reaching a peace plan acceptable to Israel and a couple of major Muslim nations. Trump was suppose to release the details of this peace plan a long time ago. To my knowledge, not a peep of what's in it has been publicized as of yet? I find the delay pretty suspicious and irregular.

Could this 'art of the deal maker' and his accepted proposal by some of the major Islamic parties, be the one, or a blueprint of the one the Antichrist will confirm with Israel and the many?

As time passes the half dark glass seems to be clearing up a bit... Interesting conversation.

Hi Dennis,

Than you for all your comments. Seems like we do agree on those points. As to `confirming the covenant/treaty/agreement, here are my thoughts -

The Russian Federation plus 3 other nations, (Iran, Libya & Ethiopia) try to attack Israel but the Lord prevents this. Thus Israel could retaliate against Russia and Iran etc. However they desire peace and thus draw up a treaty, a covenant for peace in the Middle East. Then a Peace Negotiator from Iraq steps forward with the backing of Iraq, Syria and Jordan, (3 nations) and confirms that they will keep this covenant/peace treaty.

Notice that it is the Shi-ites that are dealt with by God on Israel`s mountains, and thus the Sunnis are in the majority now. They come together under the main tribal leader - Ali Hatem, from the Dulaim tribe of the Anbar region, (throughout Iraq, Syria & Jordan.) This is the largest region there. Remember that the Allies after WW1 divided up that area of Iraq, Syria & Jordan, but now those people want to return to their own rule and get rid of foreign influence, `pulling up by the roots,` (Dan. 7: 8)

Interesting days, Marilyn.

35 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Than you for all your comments. Seems like we do agree on those points. As to `confirming the covenant/treaty/agreement, here are my thoughts -

The Russian Federation plus 3 other nations, (Iran, Libya & Ethiopia) try to attack Israel but the Lord prevents this. Thus Israel could retaliate against Russia and Iran etc. However they desire peace and thus draw up a treaty, a covenant for peace in the Middle East. Then a Peace Negotiator from Iraq steps forward with the backing of Iraq, Syria and Jordan, (3 nations) and confirms that they will keep this covenant/peace treaty.

Notice that it is the Shi-ites that are dealt with by God on Israel`s mountains, and thus the Sunnis are in the majority now. They come together under the main tribal leader - Ali Hatem, from the Dulaim tribe of the Anbar region, (throughout Iraq, Syria & Jordan.) This is the largest region there. Remember that the Allies after WW1 divided up that area of Iraq, Syria & Jordan, but now those people want to return to their own rule and get rid of foreign influence, `pulling up by the roots,` (Dan. 7: 8)

Interesting days, Marilyn.

Say Hey again!

As you're well aware, all this is shaping up faster than anyone can keep track of. As you do, I have my own preconceived fallible thoughts on how this may play out. Interesting point between the minority Shia and majority Sunni you make. It's interesting in especially two areas of biblical prophecy. Presently Sunni and Shi'i hate and kill one another, the only thing they hate more than one another and have a common enemy is the Jew's. 

It's interesting to see Saudi Arabia [Sunni] making nice with Israel and is cooperating with them [the enemy of my enemy is my friend]. They fear Iran [Shi'i] and need help and support thwarting Iran. It's especially interesting to note, with the exception of Iran [Shi'i}, all the major players listed in the Gog-Magog invasion [Sudan, Libya, and Turkey] are Sunni. Saudi Arabia is a spectator and questions this Ezekiel 38: invasion. Could it be when the Lord sends destruction on them, they revert and the Sunni's & Iran's Shi'i's start killing one another, in addition to what the Lord sends down on them?

There's something occurring about everyday, that's shaping up this end-time prophecy. We are living in and witnessing what previous generations have longed for, the nearness of Christ's return for His bride!

Edited by Dennis1209

27 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Say Hey again!

As you're well aware, all this is shaping up faster than anyone can keep track of. As you do, I have my own preconceived fallible thoughts on how this may play out. Interesting point between the minority Shia and majority Sunni you make. It's interesting in especially two areas of biblical prophecy. Presently Sunni and Shi'i hate and kill one another, the only thing they hate more than one another and have a common enemy is the Jew's. 

It's interesting to see Saudi Arabia [Sunni] making nice with Israel and is cooperating with them [the enemy of my enemy is my friend]. They fear Iran [Shi'i] and need help and support thwarting Iran. It's especially interesting to note, with the exception on Iran [Shi'i}, all the major players listed in the Gog-Magog invasion [Sudan, Libya, and Turkey] are Sunni. Could it be when the Lord sends destruction on them, they revert and the Sunni's & Iran's Shi'i's start killing one another, in addition to what the Lord sends on them?

There's something occurring about everyday, that's shaping up this end-time prophecy. We are living in and witnessing what previous generations have longed for, the nearness of Christ's return for His bride!

Hi Dennis,

The major players are the Russian Federation and the other former Soviet nations, plus 3 nations outside that block - Iran (Shi-ite) Libya and Ethiopia. It is the Sunni that are left and will rally behind their leader. The 10 kings are the 3 behind the peace leader plus the 7 of the GCC, (Gulf Cooperation Council). These are all mainly Sunni.

BTW we are not the bride. The city is described AS a bride, but that is NOT our inheritance as it comes down out of heaven. We have the `on top ` calling,  (Phil. 3: 14) and let no one rob you of that. ( Col. 2: 18 & 19)

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Ezekiel 38:2 (KJV) Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

My studies suggest "Rosh" and "Magog" are geographical land areas. To be brief; tracing the migration patterns of Japheth, Gomer, Magog, Tubal and Meshech clearly show the geographic area is well North of Turkey. The Scythian's were the Magog's and were mentioned and referred by first century historian Flavis Josephus, and the so called father of history, Herodotus [circa 425 B.C.]. We know the wall in China as 'the Great Wall of China'. Josephus and Herodotus identify it as "the Ramparts of Magog". Built to keep out the terrifying  Magog's / Scythian's [now Russia] out of China. They were a very cruel and fierce people exceptionally skilled in war and raids on horseback with weapons. 

Indeed. I have found the same sort of conclusions. In fact some of the historians place the descendants of Magog in the British Isles. The conclusion seems to be Magog's descendants spread from the Atlantic to the Pacific all across the European continent and Northern Asia. I'm convinced the nomads of the Eurasian Steppes, which ranged from the Danube to Mongolia are the Magogites and are still there, just farther north and in greater numbers than many think. These peoples were renowned invaders, skilled with bow and sword, all mounted on horses.

17 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Where do you place the Gog-Magog invasion in reference to the tribulation? Consider the following verse, and compare it to the abomination of desolation that occurs 3 1/2 years into the tribulation. Who will be left in Israel at mid-trib to continue to burn those weapons for fuel for seven years? All Jew's, Christians and everyone else will be fleeing for their lives. Whom would be left or even care to continue burning those weapons for fuel? Therefore, by that thought, this Gog-Magog invasion has to occur a minimum of 3 1/2 year prior to the start of the tribulation. How do you see it?

That is why I joined this thread, to mull it over and ask a few questions about the 'Russian invasion'. I have heard various takes on this. Marilyn is of the mind the 7 years of weapons burning coincides with the 7 years of the last week. I admit that is neat and simple, which I like. But I have the same thoughts as you stated above; "All Jew's, Christians and everyone else will be fleeing for their lives. Whom would be left or even care to continue burning those weapons for fuel?" along with, "Won't the people who brought these burnable weapons still be using them?" So Marilyn's idea that this battle occurs at the beginning overcomes that in that the army is destroyed and we have the 7 years time frame. 

My idea is that the war/slaughter of Eze 38-39 is the same as the one depicted in Joel and Rev 16:13-16. It's at the end. So according to Zech 14 this happens; "On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half the mountain moving to the north and half to the south. You will flee by My mountain valley, for it will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with Him."

I assume the people flee and are protected in the valley from the great battle where the Lord gathers all nations to fight against Jerusalem. Once that is over there are survivors in addition to the Jews who fled to the valley. Once the dust settles everyone who still lives comes out, sees the Lord is in control and the government of man has ended and now is when they burn the weapons for 7 years. I see no contradiction in the 7 years placed after the final battle and in the millennium.

My understanding of the Gog-Magog invasion is that of the final battle so I see it after the trib. If what the histories say is true then Magog is literally spread over most of the world, some say even in the USA.

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

Indeed. I have found the same sort of conclusions. In fact some of the historians place the descendants of Magog in the British Isles. The conclusion seems to be Magog's descendants spread from the Atlantic to the Pacific all across the European continent and Northern Asia. I'm convinced the nomads of the Eurasian Steppes, which ranged from the Danube to Mongolia are the Magogites and are still there, just farther north and in greater numbers than many think. These peoples were renowned invaders, skilled with bow and sword, all mounted on horses.

That is why I joined this thread, to mull it over and ask a few questions about the 'Russian invasion'. I have heard various takes on this. Marilyn is of the mind the 7 years of weapons burning coincides with the 7 years of the last week. I admit that is neat and simple, which I like. But I have the same thoughts as you stated above; "All Jew's, Christians and everyone else will be fleeing for their lives. Whom would be left or even care to continue burning those weapons for fuel?" along with, "Won't the people who brought these burnable weapons still be using them?" So Marilyn's idea that this battle occurs at the beginning overcomes that in that the army is destroyed and we have the 7 years time frame. 

My idea is that the war/slaughter of Eze 38-39 is the same as the one depicted in Joel and Rev 16:13-16. It's at the end. So according to Zech 14 this happens; "On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half the mountain moving to the north and half to the south. You will flee by My mountain valley, for it will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with Him."

I assume the people flee and are protected in the valley from the great battle where the Lord gathers all nations to fight against Jerusalem. Once that is over there are survivors in addition to the Jews who fled to the valley. Once the dust settles everyone who still lives comes out, sees the Lord is in control and the government of man has ended and now is when they burn the weapons for 7 years. I see no contradiction in the 7 years placed after the final battle and in the millennium.

My understanding of the Gog-Magog invasion is that of the final battle so I see it after the trib. If what the histories say is true then Magog is literally spread over most of the world, some say even in the USA.

You could very well be correct? I'm not avid about my thoughts and interpretation of prophecy yet unfulfilled; I just watch the events that are unfolding and try to make biblical sense of how they are lining up according to scripture. I have no doubt we're in for some surprises on when and how some things are going to unfold. 

I personally find it hard to imagine the Gog-Magog invasion playing out at the end of the tribulation. I interpret the Gog / Magog invasion and Armageddon [the second coming of Christ], as two separate and distinct events, separated by at least seven years. But like I said; there's many views on this and I have no special insight. 

With the presence and major players already in and in control Syria; the Arab spring that Obummer initiated and took place, the defensive pacts, alliances and aid agreements signed by Russia with the Muslim nations listed in Ezekiel, Turkey's sudden and drastic change and hatred toward Israel, the discovery of the Goliath natural gas and oil fields off the coast of Israel, and a multitude of other things and events. I don't see this invasion as going to be prolonged for any length of time.Almost everything seems to be set politically, militarily, economically and spiritually. Time will tell, and I personally believe the time is very short. 

Prior to the preceding I believe it's possible that we may see the Isaiah 17: prophecy pertaining to Damascus and / or the Jeremiah 49: prophecy pertaining to Iran [Elam]? Elam is the 1/6 southwest portion of Iran where Iran's nuclear Bushehr facilities are located. It's common global knowledge Iran is very close to developing a nuclear weapon with the delivery means. The U.S. and Israel has vowed that will not happen. Their nuclear facility sits smack dab on top of one of the globes most devastating and active earthquake zones. Jeremiah 49: states their 'bow' will be broken.If all this is that close... Think of where we are at in God's prophetic time clock? Things are getting exciting!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

Hi Diaste,

Now why do you think that Jews and Christians will be fleeing for their lives? It will be a time of Peace. Peace in the Middle East. Amazing.

Marilyn.

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

Hi Diaste,

Remember that God says that Federation is from the FAR NORTH. And that is the northern quarter of the world, and we know that only one nation is there.

Marilyn.