• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My understanding of the Gog-Magog invasion is that of the final battle so I see it after the trib. If what the histories say is true then Magog is literally spread over most of the world, some say even in the USA.

I think I see some confusion here? I'm of the opinion there will be "two" Gog-Magog battles, the book of Revelation seems to indicate that. As I see it; the first mention of a Gog-Magog invasion from the North in Ezekiel, is not the same as the one in Revelation. The Ezekiel invasion occurs, depending on your hermeneutics, around the 7 year tribulation. The goal of the 1st invasion is to take a spoil by destroying Israel, and they are unsuccessful. The second Gog-Magog uprising is against Christ's rule and Christ Himself to overthrow Him. I my and many others opinion, the book of Revelation is written in chronological order with parenthetical chapters inserted. The rebellion of Gog-Magog in Revelation occurs at the very end of the millennium, quickly followed by the Great White Throne Judgement.

Revelation 20:7 (KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.  [emphasis mine]

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Dennis and Diaste,

Thought you might like another reason I have for the Russian `war` being just before the 7 years. First I do not think God writes numbers just for interest.

Thus the 7 years of burning the armaments is in relation to the last 7 years of Israel`s chastisement. Then the 7 months for clearing the land of dead bodies and bones has to do with the preparation of cleansing the land before Israel starts their sacrifices.

So we have 7 months, (210 days) and then 10 days for law preparation = 220 days.

Then we add that to the 2,300 days from the start of the sacrifices, through the A/D till the sanctuary is cleansed. (Dan. 8: 13 & 14)

220 days + 2, 300 days = 2,520 days. (7 years)

Note, all of God`s numbers for God`s reasons relating to Israel.

regards, Marilyn.

z.1_Cal.jpg.91086311cc4be6051fce81ed53ab08f4.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

Remember that God says that Federation is from the FAR NORTH. And that is the northern quarter of the world, and we know that only one nation is there.

Marilyn.

Yeah, I agree. In fact I have read quite a bit about the northern foe trying to come up with a fitting conclusion as to who and where. I agree it's the far north at least from the Danube to the Pacific and north to the Russian Seas. But so far I can't put the limit on a single nation as Meschech, Tubal, Persia, Lybia, Ethiopia, Gomer and Togarmah are all part of this horde. In researching the migrations of Noah's progeny the aforementioned list has this army surrounding the land of Israel on all sides, all at the same time, and geared for the same battle.

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think I see some confusion here? I'm of the opinion there will be "two" Gog-Magog battles, the book of Revelation seems to indicate that. As I see it; the first mention of a Gog-Magog invasion from the North in Ezekiel, is not the same as the one in Revelation. The Ezekiel invasion occurs, depending on your hermeneutics, around the 7 year tribulation. The goal of the 1st invasion is to take a spoil by destroying Israel, and they are unsuccessful. The second Gog-Magog uprising is against Christ's rule and Christ Himself to overthrow Him. I my and many others opinion, the book of Revelation is written in chronological order with parenthetical chapters inserted. The rebellion of Gog-Magog in Revelation occurs at the very end of the millennium, quickly followed by the Great White Throne Judgement.

Revelation 20:7 (KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.  [emphasis mine]

Yes. I am of the same mind. There are two. One from Eze 38:

Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 

I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company 

Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 

Gomer, and all his bands; 

The house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee."

But it's only Togarmah that's of the north quarters. "The house of Togarmah of the north quarters..." Eze 38:6

And the other at the end of the Millennium: "When the thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his prison, and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to assemble them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the seashore." Rev 20

But I do not see a unilateral Russian invasion involving only Russia, destroyed on a vague and unidentifiable mount in Israel, before the 70th week begins; in effect ushering in the 70th week. I used to think this way but I realized I was taught by various people. When checking scripture I just cannot find the above mentioned 'Russian Invasion'.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

Now why do you think that Jews and Christians will be fleeing for their lives? It will be a time of Peace. Peace in the Middle East. Amazing.

Marilyn.

I find contradictions in some of what I have been working on. At this point what I see as the timeline, a very general and incomplete timeline, follows:

1) The week begins with an existing covenant confirmed by a strong leader who provides security if not peace.

2) Temple is begun.

3) Same leader stops the sacrifices and ends the secure, if not peaceful, period

4) Great Tribulation.

5) Ezekiel army and the kings of the east gathered against Israel

6) The Lord arises saves Israel and defeats the world's armies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Marilyn,

You never answered this:

He also tells us that He is the Lord, the Holy One IN Israel.  This is the only time in scripture where "the Holy One IN Israel" is used. All the other times it is "the Holy One OF Israel"............... So, how can Jesus be IN Israel before the 70th week?

The surviving Gentiles come to a saving knowledge of God (Ez. 39:6-7)

In keeping with the LORD’s many prophetic indication that He will bring many Gentile nations to Himself (Isaiah 11:9, 60:14, Psalm 22:27), as a direct result of the destruction of Gog and his armies, the LORD says that, “the nations (Gentiles) shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One IN Israel” (Ezekiel 39:7). Some have attempted to diminish the

significance of this statement, treating it as a mere intellectual acknowledgment of God void of any actual saving knowledge. This however, simply does not do justice to

language of the passage. How can it be said that the nations come to know and acknowledge that the LORD God, the Holy One IN Israel, is the one and only true God, at a time

immediately before they all come together to blaspheme His name, invade His land and kill His people? This simply wouldn’t make any sense. This passage only makes sense

if it occurs at the end of the great tribulation, not at the beginning.

7 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Marilyn,

You never answered this:

He also tells us that He is the Lord, the Holy One IN Israel.  This is the only time in scripture where "the Holy One IN Israel" is used. All the other times it is "the Holy One OF Israel"............... So, how can Jesus be IN Israel before the 70th week?

The surviving Gentiles come to a saving knowledge of God (Ez. 39:6-7)

In keeping with the LORD’s many prophetic indication that He will bring many Gentile nations to Himself (Isaiah 11:9, 60:14, Psalm 22:27), as a direct result of the destruction of Gog and his armies, the LORD says that, “the nations (Gentiles) shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One IN Israel” (Ezekiel 39:7). Some have attempted to diminish the

significance of this statement, treating it as a mere intellectual acknowledgment of God void of any actual saving knowledge. This however, simply does not do justice to

language of the passage. How can it be said that the nations come to know and acknowledge that the LORD God, the Holy One IN Israel, is the one and only true God, at a time

immediately before they all come together to blaspheme His name, invade His land and kill His people? This simply wouldn’t make any sense. This passage only makes sense

if it occurs at the end of the great tribulation, not at the beginning.

Hi JoeCanada,

The word can be `in` or `on.` If you think `in` then you will need more scriptures to back up your view. One scripture does not a doctrine make.

Marilyn.

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

I find contradictions in some of what I have been working on. At this point what I see as the timeline, a very general and incomplete timeline, follows:

1) The week begins with an existing covenant confirmed by a strong leader who provides security if not peace.

2) Temple is begun.

3) Same leader stops the sacrifices and ends the secure, if not peaceful, period

4) Great Tribulation.

5) Ezekiel army and the kings of the east gathered against Israel

6) The Lord arises saves Israel and defeats the world's armies.

I agree with some and disagree with others -

1) Agree. Peace for 3 1/2 years.

2) The Temple of the trib. is already built.

3) Agree.

4) Agree.

5) Not scripturally correct. No Kings of the east in Ezekiel.

6) Agree.

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

Yeah, I agree. In fact I have read quite a bit about the northern foe trying to come up with a fitting conclusion as to who and where. I agree it's the far north at least from the Danube to the Pacific and north to the Russian Seas. But so far I can't put the limit on a single nation as Meschech, Tubal, Persia, Lybia, Ethiopia, Gomer and Togarmah are all part of this horde. In researching the migrations of Noah's progeny the aforementioned list has this army surrounding the land of Israel on all sides, all at the same time, and geared for the same battle.

Hi Diaste,

The Prophet Daniel identified the great power of the far north in his prophecy of Dan. 7: 5, the Bear. This is obviously the Soviet Union who was the second great power to arise in contemporary times. Daniel saw it as a great monolithic empire. Ezekiel however saw that power of the far north when it had divided up - Russia & the independent states. these states however are still under the control of Russia.

So Daniel saw it as the Soviet Union, but Ezekiel saw that it was the leader of Rosh, Russia, not the leader of the Soviet Union that will lead this great army.

`Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard (leader) for them.` (Ez. 38: 7)

Perestroika and the coup d'état were the catalysts to provide a phenomenal and precise fulfilment in 1991 of a prophecy of 25 centuries ago by Ezekiel (38) - a very significant `Beacon` on track for WW3: -

1) The monolithic Soviet Bear has disintegrated.

2) The President of Russia has, ipso facto, taken control.

3) The Slavic nations once behind the `iron Curtain` have gained independence but retain the same philosophy and ambitions.

4) The former republics of the USSR have become Sovereign States in full cooperation with Russia, now known as CIS. (Commonwealth of Independent states)