• Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, Diaste said:

Well then who destroys Gog?

I will bring you against my land, that the heathen may know me,

when I shall be sanctified in you, O Gog, before their eyes.

Yes it is the Lord who brings the Russian Federation & others down to the mountains of Israel, however these armies have their sights on Israel NOT God. Whereas the world`s  armies are against God -

`And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.` (Rev. 19: 19)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes it is the Lord who brings the Russian Federation & others down to the mountains of Israel, however these armies have their sights on Israel NOT God. Whereas the world`s  armies are against God -

`And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.` (Rev. 19: 19)

I don't see anything to contradict this at present. My feeling is that even though Gog comes against Israel ostensibly it is the Lord which they fight against. Mainly because Israel is the land of God and the people of God. That's likely the reason for every action against Israel; everyone attacking the promised just hates God and if the wipe out Israel they in effect kill God. 

This Synagogue/Temple in George`s Street in Jerusalem is where the Jews meet now.  It is NOT Ezekiel`s temple for that is where the glory of the Lord will be. (Ez. 43: 1 - 12) And that is obviously in the millennium.

That's a new one for me. I have not heard before just now there will be blood sacrifices in the Millennium. That seems prima facie contradictory. Perhaps you could elaborate?

Yes, good point. We see that similarities lead to the same `person.` However the events are in different places and at different times.

Thus the Lord is the one orchestrating these events, and we see that the armies are from different places, the judgments in different places and are at different times.

"Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out in a loud voice to all the birds flying overhead, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings and commanders and mighty men, of horses and riders, of all men slave and free, small and great.”" -Rev 19

"And as for you, son of man, this is what the Lord GOD says: Call out to every kind of bird and to every beast of the field: ‘Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrificial feast that I am preparing for you, a great feast on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood. You will eat the flesh of the mighty and drink the blood of the princes of the earth...you will eat your fill of horses and riders, of mighty men and warriors of every kind,’ declares the Lord GOD." - Ezekiel 39

So then you are saying this happens twice; once at the onset of the 70th week and once again at the end of the 70th week. 

Yes, good point. We see that similarities lead to the same `person.` However the events are in different places and at different times.

Thus the Lord is the one orchestrating these events, and we see that the armies are from different places, the judgments in different places and are at different times.

I see your point. It's true that a serial criminal would commit their crimes at various time and places. My idea here is to liken the event as the same based on similar evidence from multiple accounts. It's the similar evidence of two witnesses to the same event that's important. It's the building of the profile of a future event by gathering info from multiple sources historical and current. 

Thank you Diaste for the correction. Yes, `those in the cities.`

Doesn't that change a few things? If it is those who dwell in the cities of Israel then the assault isn't limited to a single mount or a range. It's every mountain in Israel and in proximity to all the cities. Israel is overrun in toto just as Joel and Rev record in agreement with Ezekiel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265

17 hours ago, Diaste said:

I don't see anything to contradict this at present. My feeling is that even though Gog comes against Israel ostensibly it is the Lord which they fight against. Mainly because Israel is the land of God and the people of God. That's likely the reason for every action against Israel; everyone attacking the promised just hates God and if the wipe out Israel they in effect kill God. 

Probably thinking that they can destroy God`s purpose through Israel.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a new one for me. I have not heard before just now there will be blood sacrifices in the Millennium. That seems prima facie contradictory. Perhaps you could elaborate?

Look at Ezekiel 44: 27 the priest must `offer his sin offering.`  Ez. 46: 1 `The priest shall prepare the burnt offering and his peace offering.`

Israel is an earthly nation and as such will teach the other nations of the world, in the millennium concerning what God`s requirements were for sin.

As the Body of Christ we know that Jesus is our saviour and He is making us by His Holy Spirit into His Body. Once we go that revelation, or understanding is not available. The people of the nations know that God`s glory is over Israel and they go up to learn of God`s ways to live. (Micah 4 1 & 2) The sacrifices are a demonstration, as they always were, of what is required to cover sin - a blood sacrifice. They can also learn that God provided the ultimate sacrifice, and the blood sacrifice of animals demonstrates this truth.

The people of the nations are individuals in nations, they are not made into a spiritual body. They look to learn of God and how to live without war in the world. They do not have the `divine nature` of Christ worked out in their spirits as we do. We are a special `called out group,` called out of the nations and of Israel for a special purpose, a heavenly purpose. They are an earthly purpose, as is Adam & Eve. God had no `oops,` but great purposes because He knew what would happen when man was given free will.

I am doing a blog at the moment on this great topic, `The Eternal Purposes of God.`

"Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out in a loud voice to all the birds flying overhead, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings and commanders and mighty men, of horses and riders, of all men slave and free, small and great.”" -Rev 19

"And as for you, son of man, this is what the Lord GOD says: Call out to every kind of bird and to every beast of the field: ‘Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrificial feast that I am preparing for you, a great feast on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood. You will eat the flesh of the mighty and drink the blood of the princes of the earth...you will eat your fill of horses and riders, of mighty men and warriors of every kind,’ declares the Lord GOD." - Ezekiel 39

So then you are saying this happens twice; once at the onset of the 70th week and once again at the end of the 70th week. 

Ok, Diaste, you may be surprised with what I now have come to believe. I think we are both right. `Huh?` you say. Yes. Remember in Isaiah 61 where it says -

`To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God.` (Isa. 61: 2)

Then in Luke ch. 4 we read of the Lord reading that verse in the synagogue however He stopped in the middle of the sentence. (Luke 4: 18 & 19) Why? because the fulfilment of the first part was then but the second part of the sentence was 2,000 years away.

This type of `gap` occurs a few times in scripture. Do you know Clarence Larkin`s writings? Well he had a diagram and showed that the Old Testament Prophets were looking at a mountain and then there was another behind it. This meant that they were only shown the first `mountain,` (prophesy of Israel,) and then the other `mountain` (Armageddon and the millennium). They were never shown the Body of Christ. Thus a `gap.`

So this is what I believe we are seeing here in Ezekiel 38 & 39. First we read of what is happening to the northern army, then it jumps to Armageddon with the great earthquake and everyone being shaken. Also we read of the `glory of the Lord,` and this is in the millennium on God`s holy mountain.  (Ez. 43: 2,  Isa. 60: 1 & 2)

`I will set my glory among the nations;....` (Ez. 39: 21) 

On 1/19/2020 at 10:19 PM, Marilyn C said:

Ok, Diaste, you may be surprised with what I now have come to believe. I think we are both right. `Huh?` you say. Yes. Remember in Isaiah 61 where it says -

`To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God.` (Isa. 61: 2)

Then in Luke ch. 4 we read of the Lord reading that verse in the synagogue however He stopped in the middle of the sentence. (Luke 4: 18 & 19) Why? because the fulfilment of the first part was then but the second part of the sentence was 2,000 years away.

This type of `gap` occurs a few times in scripture. Do you know Clarence Larkin`s writings? Well he had a diagram and showed that the Old Testament Prophets were looking at a mountain and then there was another behind it. This meant that they were only shown the first `mountain,` (prophesy of Israel,) and then the other `mountain` (Armageddon and the millennium). They were never shown the Body of Christ. Thus a `gap.`

So this is what I believe we are seeing here in Ezekiel 38 & 39. First we read of what is happening to the northern army, then it jumps to Armageddon with the great earthquake and everyone being shaken. Also we read of the `glory of the Lord,` and this is in the millennium on God`s holy mountain.  (Ez. 43: 2,  Isa. 60: 1 & 2)

`I will set my glory among the nations;....` (Ez. 39: 21) 

I see the gaps as well. Don't understand it. Not a scripture is explicit. But there is enough evidence in unfulfilled prophecy to make this conclusion of a time gap accurate.

So what do you have, other than just belief in a gap in Eze 38-39, that leads you in that direction. In the case of the last week as described in Matt 24 there is quite a bit of unfulfilled prophecy, 69 weeks being fulfilled in the past and 7 years of unfulfilled prophecy coming.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:03 PM, Marilyn C said:

Look at Ezekiel 44: 27 the priest must `offer his sin offering.`  Ez. 46: 1 `The priest shall prepare the burnt offering and his peace offering.`

Israel is an earthly nation and as such will teach the other nations of the world, in the millennium concerning what God`s requirements were for sin.

As the Body of Christ we know that Jesus is our saviour and He is making us by His Holy Spirit into His Body. Once we go that revelation, or understanding is not available. The people of the nations know that God`s glory is over Israel and they go up to learn of God`s ways to live. (Micah 4 1 & 2) The sacrifices are a demonstration, as they always were, of what is required to cover sin - a blood sacrifice. They can also learn that God provided the ultimate sacrifice, and the blood sacrifice of animals demonstrates this truth.

The people of the nations are individuals in nations, they are not made into a spiritual body. They look to learn of God and how to live without war in the world. They do not have the `divine nature` of Christ worked out in their spirits as we do. We are a special `called out group,` called out of the nations and of Israel for a special purpose, a heavenly purpose. They are an earthly purpose, as is Adam & Eve. God had no `oops,` but great purposes because He knew what would happen when man was given free will.

I am doing a blog at the moment on this great topic, `The Eternal Purposes of God.`

So, back to OT liturgy? All I see is this about the worship of the Lord in the kingdom:

Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. And should any of the families of the earth not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, the rain will not fall on them. And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter in, then rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. This will be the punishment of Egypt and of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

On that day, HOLY TO THE LORD will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the house of the LORD will be like the sprinkling bowls before the altar. Indeed, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take some pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of Hosts.