IGNORED

Slaughterhouses

5 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

The bible doesn't say anything about being vegan, or not eating meat.  In fact, it says a lot about eating meat.

So Biblicaly, there is nothing wrong with a porterhouse steak.

Basically it's a choice.  If you want to be vegan, then be vegan.

As for doubting people would eat meat if we saw the horror....  No, I don't think that's true.  All of my extended family came from farms, and many still live on farms, and they cut the heads of chickens, and turkeys, and slaughtered their cows.   This is normal.   People have been killing animals, and eating them since the end of the Garden of Eden.

So no, I highly doubt that people would stop eating meat, because they saw cows being killed or something.   Never stopped humans in 6,000 years, doubt it will now.

My personal view is two-fold.   Right now I just sent in my donation to a charity that helped a 16 year old girl, escape from sex trafficking.

My point is...  which is more important?

Second view is....  and this is entirely my personal experience....  the people I know who are vegans are all unhealthy.  All of them.  They all have health issues.   Is there a connection between veganism and health issues?  Everyone tells me no... but yet every single vegan I know, has endless health problems.  Every single one of them.

I don't know if that is a fluke, but it sure is a consistent fluke.

Oh i agree, all vegetarians i know have health problems. I fear we do need the ptotein and nutrients of meat. I just wish it was not necessary to kill animals. But it is. It should be as humane as possible. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

23 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Oh i agree, all vegetarians i know have health problems. I fear we do need the ptotein and nutrients of meat. I just wish it was not necessary to kill animals. But it is. It should be as humane as possible. 

I think it should be humane as well. I don't eat lobster or crabs any longer because they put them in boiling water alive. Research has shown that they feel that for a few seconds. I only eat free range eggs because of the cruelty to chickens. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I advise finding a good source for organic, grass fed, pasture raised meats a d eggs from a local farm who practices humane processing. 

Hi,

I think perhaps one might advise going through Dave Ramsey's financial planning courses too,  as even my dietitian physician said she could not afford to feed her own family organic everything.

In a world of sufferings with much  lack of foods of any kind, recommending eating only organic food might be a bit beyond reality for most, even the affluent.

Some few are so privileged I suppose, but then at the end of it all, all going to burn anyway.

• Oy Vey! 1

..." do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

'Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.' "  

-Excerpt from the gospel of Matthew

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Well I personally I have not problem eating meat.   

When I was four to six I helped to chop the heads off chickens with a machete.  Then help with the dressing to speak, pluck them you can fill in the rest of the blanks.   I enjoyed when I was little playing with the wings and the feet also.  I see no problem with slaughter houses as they are stunned before they are slaughtered so that they do not feel tons of pain.   I also agree with Patriot on the point about people not appreciating where there food comes from.   

Just my personal thoughts.  

On 1/7/2020 at 2:09 AM, missmuffet said:

..... I only eat free range eggs because of the cruelty to chickens. 

Hi,

If they could, I bet they would scratch out a letter of appreciation to you.

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:42 AM, Abby-Joy said:

Most people who say they can't afford organic also spend money on cigarettes

Really?

Eating veggies, organic or otherwise is not a preventative, nor a cure, for cancer.

The thinking that a particular diet is going to prevent  or cure is a foolishness that has actually led to death from cancers, for trusting in it instead of getting care from a medical doctor and a team surgeons. Sorry but that is truth as I have lived it.

Relying on diet advice also tends to be part of a don't trust doctors don't trust medicines  don't trust just eat this diet or that one "syndrome".

My own wife of 48 years believed and practiced much of that.  Cancer needs be fought with more than nuts and berries.  High blood pressure needs to be fought with more than eating garlic too. Diabetes is not going to be  cured is with diet  either. And don't be adding nuts to the diet to aid Crohn's  disease either.

Unfortunately bad things happen to good and bad rich and poor saint and sinner alike. Obsession with diets isn't bringing immortality to these bodies of flesh.  For the  most I eat what doesn't eat me first and looks interesting to try. I have chased the wild asparagus too. It wasn't all that great.

A guru of eating habits died of cancer, stomach related.

"You are what you eat "   Nope, sorry one simply is not what they eat.  Otherwise I would look like an oyster.

• Oy Vey! 1

50 minutes ago, nzkev said:

You have always been anti a good diet! You need to eat better and you know it, Admit it:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Hi,  I have fun.

But no, I have actually been a card carrying healthy organic diet fanatic. We would also test ph of saliva and urine, we would make bread from spelt, we would drink raw goats milk , we would get our foods from the organic foods co -operative, we would eat organic garlic, we would fast, we would consume 64 ounces of distilled water and 64 ounces of lemon water  day. There were supplements by the shelve load, and I had my own licensed medical  physician dietitian too.  My own longest fast on water and lemon water only was for twelve days, more commonly for three to six days at a time.

We have been "into" colloidal silver juice ( the stuff that turns some people purple), chiropractic care for over 50 years, kinesiology with allergy testing and supplements and oils and vapors, and let's not forget exercise, been there done that too, not a runner but a brisk five mile walk day. Plus I am attuned and can do Reiki.

I have also been the care giver and the advocate for far too many of my own family too. Years worth  of time spent, much of it without  any normal pattern  of sleep or rest. Lost three to cancers.One to diabetes, one to strokes with  paralysis.

I have been around the block, more than  a couple of times.

I now find the fanatic to be  more a detriment than an aid to good health, for the excess always has it's own shortcomings. What is good for me hey it is good for me, but not necessarily good for you. The people that so boldly state, you must do because I do, are just plain wrong. And many of them are brothers and sisters in the Lord, yet doing more harm than good to the physical bodies  of others and themselves in their fanaticism,  even though well educated in the word of God.

What I have noticed is we all die. And seldom if ever at a time that is  convenient. Final illnesses are just plain awful regardless of diet programs that may have preceded them. These bodies of flesh are indeed corruptible. Tough on us all, but it is the way it is.

So I have also eaten what I can, including Maine lobster, clams, oysters, and even that wild asparagus that Euell  Gibbons was chasing. Don't know why  he chased it, it wasn't all that good.  I enjoy,  and will continue long as I have teeth to chew and a functioning digestive system,

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, nzkev said:

I Have a friend that thinks Mcdonalds is good for his diabetes

Well it probably does bring his sugar numbers up. My own seriously diabetic friend often used the McD dollar menu, when his sugar was low.

He had such a hard time, on dialysis, liver cancer, other skin issues. Good man now with our Lord. I miss his company.